PDA

View Full Version : Happy cutting story

puredoxyk
June 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Well...WHEW. As I posted in the "bangs/fringe" thread, I got thoroughly sick of having no "shorties", as my mom calls them. ;) Plus, my hair was not any cut; it was literally just a year of having grown out from short. So I took the plunge and went to my stylist (the same lady who cut it short a year ago).

Several good things resulted:

1. I now have Gwen's haircut from Torchwood, and it looks awesome on my nerdy self. ;)

2. My stylist was impressed with how much my hair had grown, and how nice a shape it was in.

3. I told her about CO'ing, and she was all about it -- she said the less you can need to shampoo, the better.

4. I found the most amazing styling stuff. My stylist knows I don't like "goop" (or blow-dryers; she even remembered that from last year and didn't even try to blow-dry me), but she asked to spritz some stuff on after drying my hair "just to make it lay nice", and I let her, and OH MY LORD I MUST HAVE THIS STUFF. My hair was so awesome all that day and the next, and it smelled really nice too! Unfortunately I forgot to look at the bottle, but I've left her a message to call and tell me what it is, so as soon as I know I'll let you all know too.

So, all around a resounding success! My hair has bangs and a haircut that looks like I meant to do it, as opposed to looking like overgrown weeds, and it was treated well and even complimented. I'd call that a win! :cool:

Teresa9000
June 16th, 2008, 01:29 PM
That's great! I'm so happy for you. I need one of those haircuts that looks like I meant to do it, too!

mommy2one05
June 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM
GLad you are happy with the turnout.
Yes let us know what the great hair product was that she spritzed on your hair.

suicides_eve
June 16th, 2008, 04:37 PM
i love happy hair cut stories-i really thought they were faerie tales until i had my happy day too.
oh yes please let us know what she used to give you fantastic results! i am slowly workin gmy self back to using *some* products to enhance my hair