PDA

View Full Version : question about CO and greasy scalp..

cupcake0619
April 25th, 2011, 09:13 PM
is there any particular conditioner that would be better at getting the grease off my scalp..? i tried CO a while back and i was using hair one which is a knock off of wen from sally's.
it didnt make my hair softer and it still looked a little greasy even though i used it daily for a good 2 months.
also i lost a lot more hair while using it, it did detangle though lol.
right now im using nexxus pro mend shampoo and conditioner and today i CWC with the hair one then the nexxus shampoo and conditioner but it didnt seem to make a difference.
my hair always feels so like almost crunchy and idk what to do with it so i thought i might try CO again. :)
any suggestions are welcome :pegasus: lol

xoerincolleen
April 25th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I use Suave Naturals in Coconut and it works really well for me. I haven't had a problem with a greasy scalp, except during the first week I used it. I just had to wash my hair every day though, and now it's fine.

HuggyBear
April 25th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Yes, Suave Tropical Coconut is a good one. Suave Daily clarifying conditioner also works for me.

Chiara
April 26th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Alberto Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying works best for me for CO washes. Also, it can work well to apply A LOT of conditioner to dry hair, leave it for 5 minutes, get into the shower and add a bit of water so it suds, then rinse. I find putting conditioner on dry hair can clean my hair when its been oiled. But I do need to be really generous with the amount of conditioner that I use.

alwayssmiling
April 26th, 2011, 02:38 AM
If my hair is greasy I usually co with conditioners that contain tea tree, or sometimes the minty ones are good, they are usually marketed for greasy hair. Usually the cheaper the better but sometimes cheaper ones contain mineral oils (which I find build up) and some have too much glycerin for my liking.

I found Tresemme naturals conditioner gave a very clean look to the scalp and really did a good job of getting even olive oil out.

Chetanlaiho
April 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Inecto coconut conditioner, use lots of it :) I use it on wet hair because I can get it onto my scalp easier that way.

But really, use a lot xD and srub and rinse really well, when I'm scrubbing I can generally feel when it's clean, kind of like you can with shampoo. Then leave it on under a cap for a few minutes, and rinse ^^

RitaPG
April 26th, 2011, 03:52 PM
From what I've read in other threads, you need to use a lot on your scalp to be effective. If it's still greasy, you're not using enough.
Or maybe you're not letting it sit properly, you need to leave it there for a good 5 minutes (some people leave it there more) and massage it thoroughly before you rinse.
Of course it could just be that your scalp isn't happy with that conditioner.
Worst case, you just get along better with shampoo on the scalp, some people are like that and shed a lot using conditioner. Maybe you can try to mix a bit of conditioner with your shampoo if you think it's too harsh, instead of doing CO.
Good luck :)

jenwexler
April 27th, 2011, 12:39 PM
If you are c/o, what do you do to clarify your scalp from build up or just to feel cleaner???