PDA

View Full Version : Best leave-ins for fine hair?

Kristamommyx3
April 25th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I'd love some advice on leave -ins that won't make my hair go limp and stringy. Oh, and feel free to advise against brands or products as well! Thanks! :D

NouvelleNymphe2
April 25th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I like to check out the product reviews here (http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/index.php). I have very fine hair and tend not to put anything on it because it gets weighed down easily. If I use anything it's on the ends, and for moisture not styling. There are a few things I would like to try in the "treatments" section of the reviews. I find using a good sulfate free organic shampoo and a mix of organic and coney conditioners is leaving my hair very shiny, thick and manageable. I'll be watching to see if a fine haired person posts something that works for them though!

long&blonde
April 25th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I have fine hair, & use Garnier Fructis leave in conditioning cream, without fail, Sleek & Shine: as a leave in after every shampoo. I also use a spray leave in conditioner, after washs, & every day: All Nutrient Nutritive Hair Proteinizer. I like the idea of coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, but if I put them on my fine hair, my hair will be put up immediately into a bun, no way can I wear my hair down after that. But can't go without the above 2 leave ins. I buy a good 7 to 12 bottles of each at a time.

racrane
April 25th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Um, what works for me is the VO5 strawberry and cream conditioner. It's lightweight, not as heavy as a leave-in and it works very well. My hair is fine, and can look greasy if I'm not careful. But I love the VO5 stuff - it's cheap, it has worked well for me, and it smells good. :) Of course, everyone is different.

Miss Catrina
April 25th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I use Aveeno Nourish + Condition leave-in treatment and it works great for me (and we're hair twins).

I'd advise against Aussie Hair Insurance because I'm not convinced it actually does anything at all. And definitely don't get Nexxus thickening leave-in. It smelled bad and did nothing but make my hair greasy and stringy.

holomi
April 25th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Nightblooming's Panacea's Hair Salve Summer Blend. (http://www.etsy.com/listing/72595237/panaceas-hair-salve-summer-blend-leave?ref=pr_shop)

Jeni
April 25th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I also use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine leave in and I don't find that it makes me hair limp. My hair is definitely fine! I only put it on my hair from about the base of my neck down though.

Chiara
April 26th, 2011, 02:17 AM
I find spray-on leave-ins are generally a safer option than creams on fine hair or hair that looks lanks easily. That said, I have had a lot of success with Alchemy (Akin in the US) Amaryllis and Lavendar cream leave-in. I only need to apply a very small amount, from the ears down.

Gilly
April 26th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Nightblooming's Panacea's Hair Salve Summer Blend. (http://www.etsy.com/listing/72595237/panaceas-hair-salve-summer-blend-leave?ref=pr_shop)

I would agree with this, in fact ANY of the Panacea's as they are all beautiful!
Try mixing a tiny amount with some warm water in a spray bottle, its awesome!:cheese:

jojo
April 26th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I love morrocan oil its expensive but lasts forever, I use it daily on my ends. It contains cones but my hair just drinks it up and it helps my ends.

torrilin
April 26th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Alba Botanical's Leave In Condition works pretty well for me to act as a booster after a vinegar rinse.

jesis
April 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I have fine hair, but mine is curly. I use a small amount of camellia oil on my hair when I get out of the shower. My hair soaks it up and it doesn't leave it looking/feeling oily unless I really overdo it. :)