PDA

View Full Version : The longest and shortest length question

BeccaAngel
April 25th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I don't know if this was already asked... but here it goes. What is the longest you ever had your hair? and What is the shortest you ever had your hair? Which lengths made you happier? and Do you regret having "too long" or "too short" of hair length?:)

spidermom
April 25th, 2011, 04:45 PM
The shortest was 1/2 to 1 inch all over my head. I had young children and no time for hair.

The longest was classic length from Dec 2010 to March 26, 2011, when I had it cut back to tailbone length because the ends were full of splits and roughened cuticle, very tangle prone.

vanity_acefake
April 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM
My shortest was totally bald. I had my dad use his electric razor to cut my hair totally short.
I loved it. No greasy hair, no bad hair days and it felt lovely. I was 23 at the time.
My longest - now. 2" from waist.
I loved the short but I prefer long. There is not much you can do with no hair!

Qadupae
April 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Shortest was bald. Longest was about BSL as a teen. I liked the bald because like vanity, I didn't have to do a lot with it. I'm not sure though if I will like super long hair or not, but only one way to find out ^_^

Alexannee10
April 25th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Shortest length for me is between Shoulder Lenght and APL. I had this lenght most of my life. Longest length is between waist and tailbone, 5 minutes ago, just before I trimmed my hair to waist ^^

HuggyBear
April 25th, 2011, 04:57 PM
What is the longest you ever had your hair?

The length it is now, Hip Length

What is the shortest you ever had your hair?
Pixie

Which lengths made you happier?

Waist length +

Do you regret having "too long" or "too short" of hair length?
I regret my pixie cut because my HS graduation pics look horrible. :p

jojo
April 25th, 2011, 06:35 PM
My shortest hair was in 2005 when I had a cropped bob, the back was shaved into my neck and I hated it, nearly 6 years on (this December) my hair is the longest it has ever been, but not long enough yet!

I started feeling happier once my hair was passing bsl

I dont regret my short cut as it gave me a fresh start and I could never regret having long lengths, is there such thing as too long???:D

racrane
April 25th, 2011, 06:39 PM
What is the longest you ever had your hair?
waist length in high school

What is the shortest you ever had your hair?
last summer I got a chin length bob with bangs and highlights after a breakup...I regretted it immediately

Which lengths made you happier?
Waist length, obviously, but I'd love to go to hip someday

Do you regret having "too long" or "too short" of hair length?
The short hair? Yeah, but long? never :)

Pickelhaube
April 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM
The shortest length I've ever had was chin length, which was ghastly with my hair type. Short hair plus curls plus brushing equals a mess.

The longest I've ever had is the length I have right now! I think. But I didn't learn to appreciate it until recently.

Anje
April 25th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I haven't been shorter than just brushing shoulder in my memory. Tailbone-ish is the longest I've been, and I'm very happy with it. It's a very satisfying length for me.

If I went much shorter than shoulder, I'd want it close-cropped. Pixie-ish. But I'd hate the grow-out, and I probably would grow it because I'm never inclined to go to a salon to get things trimmed. If my hair falls in my face, I'll go crazy.

Nevvie
April 25th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Not counting the near bald stage of infancy I've never been shorter than about shoulder length. Longest is about the length it is now (bsl) which I've had before a few times. I did used to have bsl hair back when I still wore it curly though. It probably would have been close to waist if I'd straightened. But for the majority of my life my hair was apl give or take.

MrsGuther
April 25th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I don't know if this was already asked... but here it goes. What is the longest you ever had your hair? and What is the shortest you ever had your hair? Which lengths made you happier? and Do you regret having "too long" or "too short" of hair length?:)

The longest that I've ever had my hair was down to my hipbones. The shortest I've ever had my hair was chin length with bangs. The longer lengths usually make me feel more feminine and beautiful. I regret letting my friend who claimed to be an experienced cosmotologist cut my hair. Turns out she was terrible at women's hair cuts and only half way decent at men's haircuts. Oh well- you live, you learn, you find LHC and then you grow your hair back out better than ever before!! :cheese:

tinywife
April 25th, 2011, 08:03 PM
The longest was in high school. If it wasn't waist, it was close. I was self-conscious about wearing it down because I was always afraid it looked "stringy," but overall I adored it. So did the boys, though I didn't find that out until years later.
The shortest was my pixie cut in September. Oh, how I regret that! At least I'm regrowing all healthy hair now, so there's a silver lining to it.

battles
April 25th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Shortest was a pixie. Errr... multiple pixies.

Longest was slightly past shoulder length.

tinywife
April 25th, 2011, 08:10 PM
The longer lengths usually make me feel more feminine and beautiful.
I agree. No matter how much I dress up, it's hard to feel beautiful with hair this short.

Messyhair
April 25th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Longest: hip

Shortest: 1/2" all over

I like both, so I'm happy either way. Dislike in-between phases, though. I must learn to enjoy the journey.

Mesmerise
April 25th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Aside from being bald as a baby, I've had really short hair twice. Once it was probably not much more than 1.5" on top, and shorter at the back and sides. I hated it and when it was long enough I got extensions put in, that was about 1994!! I've also had another short pixie in about 2003 which I also bleached. I liked it for awhile, as there's something sort of freeing about short hair. It was great after swimming too!!

Longest was probably waist. I think as a child of about 7 or 8 it was near waist, and again when I was about 19, but I chopped it off cause it was black and chemically damaged (from perming and straightening) and was quite thin and tapering because when I had the perm a lot of hair broke off at the roots!!

My hair is now about 2" from waist, so I'm nearing waist again, and once I hit waist I will go for never before seen lengths (on me!!).

The only thing I liked about short hair was that I could just scruff it after the shower or swimming with a towel, and comb through and didn't have many knots. I could also shake my head like a dog and my hair just sorta flopped from side to side. I really liked that!!! Appearance wise...meh... I like myself with long hair.

OOOOH I should add... the longest hair I WORE were the hair extensions I had!! They were past waist, probably down to hip... the problem was they were soooo heavy (much heavier than my real hair!), and they also split like crazy, and I ended up cutting quite a bit off before I eventually took them out. However, when I first had them in I LOVED the look, I felt so gorgeous (especially compared to the uber short hair I'd had previously)!! I can't wait to have hair that long in REALITY!

Madora
April 25th, 2011, 09:24 PM
The longest was 47 inches back in the late 90s.

The shortest was when I was a baby.

I preferred waist length or longer because it was much easier to style and more versatile. Short hair is a drag!

kielrain
April 25th, 2011, 09:30 PM
My shortest hair was a buzz, maybe 1/16 of an inch all over the head. I did have fun with that.

Longest would have been classic. Which is what I am trying to grow back to.

I liked both, but I have missed the long hair.