PDA

View Full Version : Sideburn Breakage

Blueneko
June 16th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Well, they aren't sideburn-sideburns like on a man, but those hairs that grow from mid-ear is what I am talking about.

They are breaking!

I rarely break hair. I am not a split ends person. I blame some outside source. My glasses, perhaps? Dolce & Gabbana, how could you? I pay so much for my glasses and they break my hair.

I also have temple hair breakage from getting caught in the bend of the glasses. Why, oh why do you hurt me?!

:(

Time for contacts?

Unofficial_Rose
June 16th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Maybe temple hair is more fragile? My "sides" are thinner and break more easily than the back. In fact, I'm almost afraid to blow dry them even occasionally :(

Just an idea...Not sure what you can do re the glasses though, short of replacing them? Did your previous glasses break your hair?

Poolsoflaughter
June 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Oooh, I bet that it is the glasses! I started having to wear glasses this past winter, and have noticed that strands get stuck in the bend all of the time! Grrr.:steam

MissHair
June 16th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I have sideburn breakage.. Or I dont know what it is but I have a very receeding hairline.. And I noticed that my sideburn on right side is only 3 centimeters vs. my left side is 8 centimeters.. Might be because I have acne on my face next to my hairline so when I pick at them I might accidentaly pull the hairs out..

Delila
June 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I have some breakage issues and I do think some of them are related to the fact that I wear the sunglasses that fit over my regular ones, and just slide them up to the top of my head when I go inside a store. Makes it easier to put them back on, plus I don't have to fiddle with finding a place to keep them otherwise.

I plan to live with the situation, because the sun's so intense where I live that I really need the sunglasses. They seem to help with the headaches I get sometimes too. Since I've been wearing sunglasses regularly, I've had fewer headaches. (Not claiming they're a cure all, but they really do help.)

Gladtobemom
June 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
DD has fine hair (3B). Hers breaks all the time at the temples.

I think it's just more fragile.

Curlsgirl
June 16th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I used to get that when I blow dried and used an iron. It made those parts really thin and weak. I don't have that problem anymore. I am very careful taking my sunglasses on and off but I still get hair caught every now and then I hate it too! Almost all of them do it occasionally it seems. :mad:

Riot Crrl
June 16th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I always wonder about sleep damage on these areas. No matter what kind of braid or pineapple I have going on, the sides are always getting thrashed around on.

Missie
June 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM
yes I've noticed that too.. my hair is much thinner on the "side burns" than the back.. I always thought there is more strain and wear and tear on that area when we tie it back in a pony tail

Lisa-Maria
June 18th, 2008, 11:58 PM
I know where my side burn breakage comes from, sleeping, and I should change to a different sleeping hairstyle but can't find one I like.