PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Easy Kat von D

vampyriccadence
April 25th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I've been searching the forum and youtube for a quick and easy way to create a Kat von D Rocker Waves look.

What I need is a way to fake bangs without bang clips, and maybe a tutorial for dummies on Rocker Waves. The model's hair is about 30" and medium thickness.

Has anyone had any luck faking bangs with long hair?

TaraTilly
April 25th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hey so I where my hair like that everyday, the best way I get rock waves is one of two ways
#1. If its just washed: brush, add some leave-in conditionersd and strengthenin sprays
Let dry for a few minutes so its damp. Then once its damp scrutch hair and quickly twist up into a bun form and hold it with a claw clip or a skrunchie let air dry (I find its more smooth and soft this way) but
If u need to u can blow dry it. Once its dry let it down ring with fingers and voila ;) (give it a little spritz of shine spray after you blow dry)
#2. Also another way is; same beginning with brush lve-ins, let dry abit (if your hairs aleady dry you can add alittle hair lotion or spray) then bread to the side. Let dry and then let down and tease abit with fingers
(This second one works best with lengths that are for hair past the shoulder the first one works with all lengths)
:) try it out and let me know how it works for you :) As for hairspray you can use it but I've always done it without, I find when you let your hair dry from being damp it holds the shape. Experiment to see what works for your hair.

For the bangs, I've always just cut bangs and when I didn't want the bangs I'd pull them into a pomp. But I currently have grown them out and don't want them back for awhile so maybe
You can try and pull some of yoiur long "bang" hair to the oithereside of your face and tuck it under you other long bang hair and pin it add a little hairspray. So it appears you have a side swept bang?Let me know how it goes but ill let u
Know if I find somthing :). Good Luck and happy growing :)

TaraTilly
April 25th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Just thouight of something, having long bangs you should pair a braid headband with rock waves :D XD you can see a step by step online of how to do a headband braid they're really easy esp if you have long hair and no bangs if yoiu have bangs its alotta clips. You basically braid you long bangs hair across the top of your hair line like a headband and tie it off

vampyriccadence
April 26th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I've been considering sweeping sections from the back of her head forward, then hiding it with the sections closest to the camera. Thank you so much for your input!

I already sent her a message asking her to sleep in a sock bun, so I will keep my fingers crossed!