PDA

View Full Version : Mommytard/Katilette: "hotter than expected and awesome*"

CurlyCreature
April 25th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Hey long-haried-beauties,
I don't know how many of you are Shaytards fans, but if you aren't yet you should definitely check them out. :D

Anyway - what do you think of mommytards hair?! It's getting so long! They never really talk about it, but Shay (her husband) has mentioned before that he likes mommytards hair long because thats how it was when they first met (she was thinking of cutting it once before). I think it's about bsl-waist (or thats what she keeps it at usually) She's one of my "inspirations" for long hair :) She's just such a beautiful person inside and out :)

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/203567_115760065114680_6884852_n.jpg

We should lobby for her to make a "hair care" video on her katilette channel ;) shes done make-up tutorials b4, it would be interesting to know her hair secrets or if its just genetics.

~Carly (Shays sister) has long hair too, but i'm 98% sure it's extensions because her hair is long one video and short the next... maybe I'm wrong though. The family definitely has good hair genes though! I mean just look at Shay's beard ;) lol

Katilette (mommytard) in a recent Vlog - It was Shay & Katilette's date to the rodeo, just a short video (most are 10+ minutes of gold) but you can see how cute they are together:
http://youtu.be/vL7HE83LrZM

ABOUT THE SHAYTARDS:
They are a family who makes daily video diaries on youtube. I've been watching from the very beginning when they just were going to do it for a year to see if they could, but they have grown so popular and so many amazing things have happened for them as a result of the 'show' (Shay used to work construction in Granite, and is now payed by youtube; now he gets sponsors and travels the country...) they have been doing it for two whole years now and are working on their 3rd! They have four gorgeously adorable children (one of them was born over the course of the 'show'!) and its so amazing to see this family grow on camera. They are a beautiful and positive family, who clearly loves each other and it's so inspiring and addictive :) I can see how they have become so popular. With all the terrible drama-driven "reality" shows on TV, "it's just nice to see reality... it's just a cool family*" as a role models now adays :) They don't use real names for the kids on camera. They go by "Sontard," "Princesstard," "Babytard," and "Rocktard" ...the 'tard' thing came from something where Shay Carl (Shay-tard) had one of his first successful youtube videos with him dancing around in a Unitard - he's a rather large man, and it was a funny sight so the video got popular very quickly... and the name just sort of stuck i guess! lol

*lyrics from the Nice Peter song about the Shaytards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i43J4I9dsaU&feature=player_embedded

Juneii
April 25th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I love watching the Shaytards! Mommytard's hair is beautiful! and Princesstard's hair is quite long as well :) unfortunately Carlie's hair is full of extensions, you can see them in a few videos when she has it up in a ponytail, it looks quite terrible :(

CurlyCreature
April 25th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I love watching the Shaytards! Mommytard's hair is beautiful! and Princesstard's hair is quite long as well :) unfortunately Carlie's hair is full of extensions, you can see them in a few videos when she has it up in a ponytail, it looks quite terrible :(

Aw well that stinks... it still looks great down though. My mum used to have those glue in extensions - they are made with real hair and great for dance (or cheer leading in Carly's case) if you need long hair and don't have the patience/discipline to grow it out.. but they WRECK your hair! My mum thought she was balding the ruin your roots so bad! But slowly (she's been without them for a year now) her hair is filling in again. Very good for a temporary fix, but clip-ins are so much gentler on your hair than sew-ins, braid ins, or glue ins... I'm not sure which Carly has, but her hair length changes often, so thats why I was assuming extensions.

AnimaSola3o4
April 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I was watching todays Shaytards video, and they were pressuring her to cut ten inches off to donate it!! In the end, she stuck to her guns and only had 4 inches cut off to 'clean up' the ends. Which is still a lot for a long hair!! I think she did great by not letting the pressure get to her!!

augustashes
April 24th, 2012, 09:19 PM
her hair is gorgeous!!! definitely one of my hair inspirations, I haven't watched in a few months cuz ive been busy but i love shaytards!