PDA

View Full Version : Know of any non-aerosol hairspray that smells good?

CanadaSquirrel
April 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I've been looking for a non-aerosol hairspray that smells good. Something gentle, not overly stiff. I've tried Aussie and it's okay but still a little too strong-smelling. Then I've tried Tresemme and it's not bad but not delicious either. I'd like to find one that makes me go, "Oh, wow, does that ever smell GOOD!" Like coconuts or something tropical and pretty. Does anyone know if such a thing exists, maybe in a salon product even?

lara grace
April 25th, 2011, 01:01 PM
My friend used to use Lavera hairspray in a squirt bottle. It's a natural sort of brand so it didnt smell chemically, nice and naturally fruity.

http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/7/1641/lavera-hair-spray-150-ml.jpg

CanadaSquirrel
April 25th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks. I'll see if I can find that anywhere around here.

Anyone know of others? The more, the merrier, trying to find just the right scent.

shikara
April 26th, 2011, 12:44 AM
I use a little spray on my bangs and prefer to use Salon Selectives. They have different strengths for the type of hold that you want. The frangrance is good as far as hair sprays go - not harsh. Some stores don't seem to sell it anymore - I get mine from Sobey's.

shikara
April 26th, 2011, 12:46 AM
P.S. The 'frangrance' goes away pretty quickly, as may many sprays. Maybe you could put a little aromatherapy - your frangrance of choice in a mister with water??

Athena's Owl
April 26th, 2011, 01:03 AM
hairsray contains ethanol-based alchohols and so they all smell NASTY.