PDA

View Full Version : Different colored hairs?

battles
April 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Recently I've noticed some different colored hairs blended into the rest of my hair.. they're very pale and sparkly, but not any specific color as far as I can tell.. there aren't very many, and I've never noticed them before.

I'm certain I'm overreacting but.. what are these?! Is this the beginning of me going gray at 21?

Siiri
April 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Many people have grays at your age, but they could also be just lighter hair. It's difficult to tell without seeing them. My brother has a small area in his scalp that doesn't have any pigment, and the hairs that grow from it are white, rest of the hair is dark brown. I have different coloured hairs too, but they only range from pale blond to light brown, so they blend well.

Greenhousegirl
April 24th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Are you taking any medications? supplements? changed eating habits? out in the sun often?
do you use peroxide based face cleaners?
sometimes the above cause hair color changes

battles
April 24th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I am taking medication, I hadn't considered that.. I did notice them after I had increased my Lamictal for seizures, but I've stopped taking it since then.

spidermom
April 24th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I've noticed just about every color and texture hair growing out of my head, even black, very kinky hairs, even coarse, black, straight hairs. Variety is the spice of life, and we got it!

Siaraven
April 25th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I agree, individual hairs are different shades and colours.

Around the front of my head my hairs are generally warm in colours. On the left side of my temple i have a patch of red, and at the back of my head i have cooler shades of brown.

And dotted through out my hair i have really light ash blonde that at one point caused me to freak out thinking i was going grey at the age of 18!

What colour is your hair overall?

jojo
April 25th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I have lots of different colours and textures going on in my hair.

You may be getting the first signs of greys which is quite normal in 21 year olds! my daughter has been getting odd greys since she was 4!

ETA- sometimes greys can be a sign of zinc deficiency; a handfull of pumpkin seeds, peanuts or dark chocolate (like we need an excuse!) a day may help.

NightingaleLHC
April 25th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I have very dark brown hair overall, but I do have lighter brown and honey hairs too, especially near my forehead and the top of my hair. I always thought it was from the sun :shrug:

FluffSpider
April 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Shhhhh! They're Edward hairs.

I'm a natural ash blonde but had golden blonde, strawberry blonde, transparent and chestnut hairs in my head. I even had one enormously coarse hair in my head; it was very kinky as well. I'm an all-over 1a/1b but a lock in the front ends in a SPIRAL, and not because of damage. So you're not going grey:p

battles
April 25th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Very interesting that everyone's hair is like that then.. :p My hair is just a medium brown color with some reddish tones in it, but I hadn't noticed any other colors before recently..