PDA

View Full Version : Increasing thickness?

saera
April 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know any methods to increase ponytail circumference?
I have thin fine APL hair, 2.5" and I have lost a lot of hair from stress etc. and would like to grow it back.
I'm so desperate right now as I'm still in my teens, I hate how thin my hair looks when in a ponytail, bun or even loose.
My hairline is horrid as well.
Right now I'm using castor oil to help with regrowth and CO only.

Any tips please :(?

Toffee20
April 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry you are feeling so sad about your hair at the moment, but at least remember you are in your teens so have many more years of growing your hair to look forward to =) I also wonder if maybe once you are out of teenage years / less stressed your hair may get naturally a little thicker? My hair is in much better condition than 3 years ago (I'm 20 now, eating much more healthily & am much less stressed, my hormones are also more balanced!)

I don't know of any miracles methods to increase thickness, but I know in the past every time I've had my hair cut even a little (i.e. less than an inch) it has felt thicker to me.. and that would help the ends too! Maybe that is just me, and I have an advantage as my mum cuts my hair, so I can easily ask for 1cm off when she has 30 mins spare, I know hair dressers can be really expensive!! I wonder if any one else's hair feels thicker after a trim?

Hope this has helped, keep smiling! (If only at yourself in a mirror.. apparently that tricks your brain into thinking someone else is smiling at you, so you get happier. When I have tried this I just starting laughing as the idea was so stupid....)

Blue skies & God bless =)
x x

Freyariane
April 24th, 2011, 02:38 PM
You got here a really sweet message full of hope, saera!
I'm sorry I can't help you either... But as Toffee20 have said (and also Doris Day) "Keep smiling, keep laughting: and everything will be alright!!" :)

kwaniesiam
April 24th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Have your thyroid and iron levels checked. I lost a lot of hair from hypothyroidism and anemia.

saera
April 26th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the advice!

erialc
April 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I wish my hair would get a bit thicker too... I've never been able to put it up in a ponytail because it's been so thin there's barely anything in there.

Castor oil, does that help with regrowth?

Anje
April 26th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I mostly want to offer hugs. Try to keep your stress down, don't obsess about your hair too much, and make sure you get a nutritious diet. Get all the medical stuff checked out, of course.

For what it's worth, your thinned out hair is all the thicker my hair gets when I'm totally healthy. It's perfectly possible to live with this thickness, though I totally understand wanting your hair back.

Panth
April 26th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Baby what hair you have, but more importantly look after you. Get that check up, just to make sure it's not anything medical like anaemia or thyroid issues. But other than that, just eat 3 good, healthy meals a day, do a bit of exercise and, if you're still stressed, try to look into things that will help with stress like exercise, meditation, music, positive self-talk, yoga.

Your body will only waste energy and nutrients on making hair if the rest of you is already in good condition, so first you have to look after yourself. *hugs*