PDA

View Full Version : at last my hair is getting thicker *pics*

jojo
April 23rd, 2011, 04:49 PM
My hair has definitely got thicker since joining. All my life ive thought myself to have thin hair but it feels much thicker than the 3.5" I had when joining so ive measured and its now 4.7" thick. I am so pleased with this. All I can think is that since ive been a member here and looked after my hair better, the new hairs ive grown since joining approx 15-17" (ive trimmed so gained 13") have caught up with my bulk.

Thought id share for those of you with thin hair, it is possible! for the first time ever my hair is now the same thickness throughout the length!

So am I a ii/iii or iii?

Heres some photo to show the difference!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0003-2.jpg taken in August 07, my hair looks ratty to me!
and in pony tail
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0020-1.jpg taken 08-09 time, before henna.
my hair 10th April after self trim to 29"
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/DSCF0185-1.jpg
my pony now
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/DSCF0266-1-1.jpg
my hair less than 3 weeks after trim back to 30"
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/april21.jpg

I am pleased especially after having such slow growth, my hair at last is responding!

Thank you so much to everybody on LHC, who has helped me through my journey!

christine1989
April 23rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
It's definatly looking thicker both down and in a ponytail. The new color looks fantastic on you too! :)

Slinks
April 23rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
wow good job !! :-)

vanity_acefake
April 23rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
That's fantastic. Your hair is looking gorgeous.

jojo
April 23rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
thank you , I feel like sticking my tongue out to all those (family who all have thick like 6" thick hair ) who said " you can't have long hair with your thin hair.....ner ner de ner ner i can!

jojo
April 23rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
It's definatly looking thicker both down and in a ponytail. The new color looks fantastic on you too! :)
thank you, I like the colour but i am growing it out due to an invasion of silvers:cool:

Mesmerise
April 23rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
4.7" puts you firmly in the iii category! Congrats ;) I think you can safely move away from ii now :D. I'd be happy just to be a solid ii lol.

Don't envy those 6" circ people too much, I think the amount of hair you have is JUST RIGHT!

Oh, and you NEVER had thin hair, even 3.5" is on the upper half of the ii scale ;)

jojo
April 23rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
^^ thank you, that makes me so happy! off to change my avatar!

I think I always looked at my hair as thinner, as my daughters and mother have really thick hair, which is really curly too which makes it look even more thicker. Ive all my life received comments on my "thin" hair from my family, my mother especially hates my hair and upto a few months ago kept nagging me to cut short; shes give up now!

twilightmom
April 23rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Your hair looks amazing..

tinti
April 23rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hey, we're thickness twins :D Mine's 4,7" as well. Congratulations with the increase in thickness and lovely hair!

skyblue
April 23rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
Great job thickening up your hair!
Someday I hope to post one too!
Your hair looks just gorgeous!
congrats JoJo!!

30isthenewblack
April 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hey Jojo, thanks for the inspirational post. I'm achieving my goals in length but I want to shift my focus to thickening my hair. You've been very patient and trimmed a lot during your hair journey and your hard work has paid off!

jojo
April 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
twilightmom-thank you
tinti- hi thickness twin! *waves*
skyblue-thank you
30isthenewblack- thank you, it has taken me a long time, i have trimmed quite a bit off at least 3" a year since joining but glad I did. I think my hair has grown out if that makes sense and is now growing down! but I am very happy with my hair at the moment. I would advocate anybody with thin ends to trim them, in the long run its better.

mellie
April 23rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
Wow Jojo!! What a difference! That's awesome!

Dragon
April 24th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Congrats on the extra thickness. Thats quite a difference :)

ericthegreat
April 24th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Your hair has definitely increased in thickness up from several years ago. I think its also because in the first photo, your hair appears to have been cut in severe layers, and that took away from the natural thickness that you actually did have. But now, it looks like you have grown out all of those layers, and you now have a nice, full hemline. Congratulations on your growth progress jojo!

jojo
April 24th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Your hair has definitely increased in thickness up from several years ago. I think its also because in the first photo, your hair appears to have been cut in severe layers, and that took away from the natural thickness that you actually did have. But now, it looks like you have grown out all of those layers, and you now have a nice, full hemline. Congratulations on your growth progress jojo!
I had layers in the bottom 2" which i trimmed monthly for 18 months, most of my layers had grown out when I joined I know it looks very layered but my hair is very curly when shorter which may have given this impression. I also had a fringe so that would have taken some of the thickness. Thank you so much Eric for your kind comments, id still give my left leg for your hair!:)

jojo
April 24th, 2011, 02:45 AM
thanks Mellie and dragon; it certainly feels more like hair these days; i also think that daktarin has helped loads.:cheese::cheese:

Sweetie
April 24th, 2011, 03:26 AM
wow I love your hair, particularly in the yellow shirt picture!

Biedronka
April 24th, 2011, 04:10 AM
I am currently going through the thin ends thickening proccess myself...it is driving me CRAZY!!!!But seeing your amazing progress gives me so much hope!well done jojo!

Shield31
April 24th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Truly great progress :)

Keep up the good work!!!!

bunzfan
April 24th, 2011, 06:47 AM
That's great news Jojo, I was classed as having thin hair to and mine has doubled in thickness since i started using henna.

Just think how great your hair will look at hip length with that extra thickness don't you think layers can actually make the hair look thinner i am growing mine out and the closer it gets to one length the thicker the hair looks strange.

Madora
April 24th, 2011, 07:19 AM
JoJo, congratulations on your great growth and increased thickness! Your hair looks wonderful! Keep it up!

Babyfine
April 24th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Your hair looks awesome! Great Job!

constancev18
April 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Congratulations on your progress. Your hair looks healthy and happy.

jojo
April 24th, 2011, 09:54 AM
wow such lovely comments!

Sweetie- it was straightened to see growth in that pic but SSsshhhhh!

Biedronka- it takes longer but the results are so worth it!

Shield31- thank you

bunzfan- thank you, ive only really ever had layers when my hair was very short. when I joined here in 2007, my last 2" where layered but yes I do think they make the overal affect look a thinner.

Madora- thank you btw ordered my MP brush comes monday can't wait. Also noticed since using my old natural bristle brush dunno if its a BBB, im having no shed whatsoever! is this usual, nothing in the brush or bath after washing either.

Babyfine-thank you

constancev18- nearly as happy as its owner:cheese:

Freyariane
April 24th, 2011, 01:21 PM
That sound really cool!! Congratulation! I know I'm new here, but I'm really happy for you!
I'd also like to have some hair thickness improvement!! :)

lara grace
April 24th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Wow this thread really gives me hope. You have made such wonderful progress and your hair is beautiful!

Rocket22
April 24th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Looking great!!! but I have to say I would love to have 3.5" :)

jel
April 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Wow, congrats Jojo! Your hair looks amazing!

This is the first time I've seen someone gain over an inch in circumference (I've seen people lose that much, it's happened to me!) Would you say it's due to henna/indigo and daktarin? How about your diet, any supplements?

jojo
April 24th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Looking great!!! but I have to say I would love to have 3.5" :)
keep those ends blunt and you will get there!you know i love your hair however thick it is!

jojo
April 24th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Wow, congrats Jojo! Your hair looks amazing!

This is the first time I've seen someone gain over an inch in circumference (I've seen people lose that much, it's happened to me!) Would you say it's due to henna/indigo and daktarin? How about your diet, any supplements?

thanks Jel, well I lost my dad, my brother and had a huge amount of stress in 2009 and I am also hypothyroid so everything was against me.

I have only been on daktarin for a month but it has definitely helped with the thickness and growth. I was taking supplements but they pushed me into stage 2 renal failure so I cannot risk them no more. I have changed my diet and this sounds disgusting but I also think it has helped me by getting enough protein and vitamin B's from foods. I eat a bowl of brown rice, green lentils (boil with veg stock cube) once its cooked I mix a tablespoon of marmite (full of vit b called vegimite in some countries) a tablespoon of peanut butter and I mix it together, sounds disgusting but its really nice, been on this 6 weeks and have also got 1.5" of growth, 1 of these within 3 weeks. I don't know if this mix has helped.

Ive not hennaered since January and did 2 lush henna which faded and 2 full proper hennas, this did help increase the thickness of my individual hair but not overall in the long run; immediately yes.

I think its a mixture of less stress, my thyroid being more controlled, better diet and the daktarin.

McFearless
April 24th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Your hair was never thin, but it is even thicker now. Congrats!

Qadupae
April 24th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Not just thicker, by the looks of it, but awesome in growth and condition. Congratulations ^_^

HeatherJenae
April 24th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Wow, that is an intense difference from the first pic! Congratulations, you have a lot to be proud of. Hair that thick and beautiful takes real dedication and love.

girlcat36
April 24th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Your hair looks great, jojo! I am shocked that you are considered to have 'thin' hair by your family. I envy your thickness!
Nice work,

soni92
April 24th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Wow, I wish my hair would become thicker too!! Congrats and awesome progress!! :cheese: