PDA

View Full Version : Is my hair... healthy?

Red_Rose
April 23rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
It's been about a week or more since I've stopped using shampoo and conditioner that contains sulfates, cones, etc. Before then, that's all I ever used in my hair because I didn't know anything about them.

Well I've noticed a change in my hair since using my new washing goodies and I don't know if it's a sign that my hair is becoming more healthy or not.

When I use to wash my hair with previous shampoos/conditioners, my hair always felt slippery and it was very heavy. Not only that but it took forever to get it wet and when it was wet, it took so long for it to dry. Now my hair feels lighter and it takes no time for me to wet it. It still takes a bit for it to dry but no where near as long as it use to. As for it when it's dry, before it would feel like straw. It felt dry and it frizzed up easily. Now it's actually soft and the frizziness is next to nil.

So are these changes good or bad? My hair was never in good shape in the past so I don't know what to think of these changes.:confused:

jaine
April 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
I think it sounds normal and good. My hair feels the same way and I haven't used cones in years ... light, soft, gets wet easily, etc. (I still have frizz if I don't style it though ... nothing wants to follow the same wave pattern unless I make it do that.)

gthlvrmx
April 23rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
These are very good changes to see and feel in your hair! Same thing happened to me :)

Loepsie
April 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Yep, sounds very good =) I'd just continue this new washing routine and see what it'll do in the near future ^-^

Red_Rose
April 23rd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Excellent! I hadn't expected such results so quickly. :D

Thanks!

McFearless
April 23rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
It sounds like your hair is more moisturized. Keep up the good routine.

jojo
April 23rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
sounds pretty good to me!

lillithnight
April 23rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Sounds good to me! I'm sure your hair is thanking you. :)

shikara
April 23rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Yup - impressive results!! The first time I used cone free conditioner, my hair felt sooo light and a different kind of very soft (well, I had also clarified a week before to get rid of all the cone buildup that was probably there). I also noticed that when applying oil to my length, it actually seemed to absorb into the hair, rather than just sitting on it.

|Xei
April 23rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
It sounds to me like you are well on your way to healthy hair! That's pretty much what happened to me when I went no-sulfate and no-cone. My hair got softer, defrizzed, and took a little less effort to dry.

Dragon
April 24th, 2011, 01:12 AM
It sound like your hair is much happier.