PDA

View Full Version : Bad Shampoo Experience (Long)

AuburnTresses
April 23rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
I'm going to try and remain calm because it still makes me so angry.

I had been using Pure Life Soap Company's Rosemary Shampoo and Conditioner. It was wonderful. My hair was shiny, smooth, and best of all happy. (I have a terrible time finding shampoos my hair likes.)

Then about 2 weeks ago the shampoo felt different, and when I would go to put it in my hair (no matter how wet my hair had been) my hair would feel dry. But still my hair turned out okay. Then I ran out of the old conditioner... the new felt like half the moisture content of the old one!

After I washed with the new shampoo and conditioner my hair felt sticky and a little crackly. When my hair was dry it looked frizzy, stuck a little together, and had knots (I almost never have knots!). It took me putting jojoba oil in my hair 3 times to get it to a place it looked okay. But the color was dull.

I did contact the company and they said "Sorry!" and that they couldn't help me, but because of some concerns they might up the moisture content of their conditioner.

It's took about 4 washes to get it to feeling better, but still dull and knotty. So I did a Baking Soda wash followed by a ACV rinse, and my hair finally feels normal again! And the color is back. :cheese:

Needless to say I won't be using their stuff anymore. It just makes me so mad how it messed my hair up, and how they swept my concerns under the carpet.

Thanks for letting me rant. I never realized how attached I had grown to my hair. :cool:

pepperminttea
April 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
I hate it when companies reformulate shampoos to "improve" them and then market them under exactly the same name. :nono: Sorry you had such a bad hair experience with them. :grouphug:

AuburnTresses
April 23rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks pepperminttea. I've never had that much trouble, and all I could think was "My precious hair!" Yeah I think I'm now officially a LHCer. :lol:

Lostsoule77
April 23rd, 2011, 11:09 AM
I too hate the reformulations under the same name. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but glad you've gotten it straightened out. Here's hoping you find a shampoo and conditioner you like as much as, or more than, the Pure Life's brand. :)

louisemg82
April 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I often find reformulating is just an excuse to cut manufacturing costs but still charge the same amount of money for the product. This is probably why your conditioner now feels less conditioning - it was probably cheaper to cut out some of the oils! It's beyond irritating that big companies think consumers are so stupid they won't notice.

Slinks
April 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
yeah, New and Improved Formular .. pffft !!

AuburnTresses
April 23rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah I don't believe "new and improved" for a minute!

I've gotten a shampoo bar that I hope will work, but I couldn't tell until my hair calmed down.