PDA

View Full Version : Me VS My Hair

Aimskylove
April 22nd, 2011, 10:24 PM
I have been having many issues lately with my hair when it comes to a bed time hairstyle.

When I braid it I wake up with both or the one hair tie I had gone and my hair loose.
When I put it in a bun it also finds it way out.
I have tried two ponytails and even those have fallen out!
I have tried two buns but that falls out as well and is honestly not very comfortable to sleep with.

Help! lol. I cant seem to find a hairstyle now that my hair is longer. Everything seems to fall out over night with my way of sleeping. I dont like to tie my hair tight because I wake up with a head ache :(
I think im stuck!

TheBluffs
April 22nd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Mabey you could try a loose tie (Tie at the ends), or a sleeping cap?
Is your hair layered?

Aimskylove
April 22nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Mabey you could try a loose tie (Tie at the ends), or a sleeping cap?
Is your hair layered?

Yes unfortunately im in the process of growing my layers out. :/ I tried a loose tie but apparently I sleep crazy enough for it to fall out. I find them under the pillow, on the floor, or under the sheets! lol.

spidermom
April 22nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
I do a braid coming off the top-back of my head. The most comfortable way to do this is to lay on my back across the bed, my hair hanging over the edge. I braid it as far down as I can reach, then sit up and finish the braid hanging in front of my face. I direct the braid over the top of my pillow and it's out of my way for the night.

shikara
April 22nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
I tried something last night and it worked like a charm. I put my hair in two braids, then I put a cut piece of stockings (nylon) on the bottom 4 slightly damp inches or so, rolled the ends like a large pin curl, and put a large bobby pin across it. Everything stayed on during the night, and my ends were wonderfully soft and hydrated in the morning!!

Phexlyn
April 23rd, 2011, 04:30 AM
Can you do a loose caterpillar braid/ponytail? You might have some hairties that fall out, but they shouldn't all be gone in the morning.
Sometimes a French braid might hold better than an English braid, but if the elastic is the problem, that won't help much.

|Xei
April 23rd, 2011, 04:59 AM
My hair is heavily layered, and I find that a French braid holds up really well. Just make sure you work with small sections (for reference, I do 1 inch sections). I don't roll around much in my sleep, but I think it might be worth a try. :)

Panth
April 23rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
I do a braid coming off the top-back of my head. The most comfortable way to do this is to lay on my back across the bed, my hair hanging over the edge. I braid it as far down as I can reach, then sit up and finish the braid hanging in front of my face. I direct the braid over the top of my pillow and it's out of my way for the night.

I wear a sleep sock-thing mostly, but whatever I do I chuck my hair over the top of my pillow. That way, even if it does come loose, I'm not lying on it and it's not garotting DBF in his sleep...

Firefox7275
April 23rd, 2011, 06:45 AM
You could wrap your (loose) braid tightly in satin ribbon or a silk scarf?

terpentyna
April 23rd, 2011, 07:11 AM
Hey, I have the same issue!

Rag curls work, of course, but are quite a lot of work. Everything that won't cause breakage will come undone. I'm also growing out layers, but they aren't so severe... I can sport a french braid during the day easily.

Maybe I just thrash uncontrollably when I sleep?:bunny:

Dragon
April 23rd, 2011, 07:20 AM
I'm not sure how well theses work as I haven't tried one but have you tried a sleep cap?

jojo
April 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
I use a satin pillow case and sheets, so just wear my hair loose in bed, occasionally I do 2 braids.

telegraph64
April 23rd, 2011, 09:02 AM

What a great idea, spidermom. :)
I will have to do this, myself. I have been sleeping in a side braid for as long as I can remember and it isn't good enough !! I am very ready for something easier.

growingpains
April 23rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
what about a single high ponytail with a scrunchie. I used to do that (now out of vanity I use an elastic or a small cut and rolled portion of a nylon) and it worked like a charm. The srunchie would tend to start to fall out midway through the night but when I woke up to use the bathroom I'd just fix it.

Aimskylove
April 24th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Thank you all for the replies! :) I am going to try them all out! hahah Ill let you guys know which one can withstand my crazy sleep! :)