PDA

View Full Version : My first LHC-anniversary! (with pics)

dfotw
April 22nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
A day or two late, but I wanted to celebrate one year of having found this wonderful place! :cheese:

I came upon the 'old' LHC once upon a time, lo this many years ago, looking for good henna recipes. I found them, I tried them, and I forgot all about the site... I kept on growing my hair, although on the way I came across a great deal of drug-store hair-dyes, terrible conditioners, bi-monthly 'trims', endless useless 'frizz-free!' solutions and other monsters... until, again while looking for henna recipes, I re-discovered the 'new' LHC!

My hair was at 32 inches by then (after years upon years of trying to grow it out), coarse, dry and a frizz-ball that exploded as soon as I took it out from its braid / took it down from a cinnabun held with mini claw clips (the only updo I know how to do). Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I couldn't wear it down or so anything with it...

Since the time I joined LHC, I've tried a million things: weekly SMTs, CO washes, Monistat, beer rinses, henna, cassia, protein treatments, cone-free shampoos, oil-shampoos, shampoo bars, ACV rinses, flax seed gel, castor oil, coconut oil, Nightblooming Panacea, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a million other things.

In the end, I've settled for CV shampoo bars twice a week (with an ACV rinse), and cone-free CO washes the rest of the week. I got myself a TangleTeezer, keep coconut oil and Panacea by my bed, and do henna and/or beer rinses every couple of months.

My hair has not only grown 7 inches (even though I micro-trim on occasion), but it's now soft! Manageable! It hold a curl pattern instead of exploding into frizz! I can wear it down! And I know a million updos to wear it up!

This is the difference:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4347/hairdownbeforeandafterl.jpg

And, my hair outside on a sunny day:

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/31/hairdownapril2011.jpg

I've also become an avid hair-toy collector, to the point where I blushed taking these pics of my hair-toys (thumbs are clickable!). On the left, hair-toys I've bought; on the right, hair-toys I've made.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7708/april2011hairtoycollect.th.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/i/april2011hairtoycollect.jpg/) http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7708/april2011hairtoycollect.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/april2011hairtoycollect.jpg/)

I just want to give a HUGE "Thank you!" to everyone here who has shared their knowledge, provided encouragement, answered my questions, enabled me (you know who you are! :eyebrows:), and just provided a supportive environment for me to continue to grow my hair! :flowers:

And, cheese! :cheese:

Panth
April 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Wow. Exceedingly beautiful and great growth.

Congrats. ^_^

dajanchen
April 22nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Congratulations dear dfotw to your LHC anniversary! I love your amazing locks and your gorgeous toys!
:bottomsup:

CastaDiva
April 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary:) Your hair looks absolutely amazing:cheese:

MaryLA
April 22nd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Love your curls!!

Jenn of Pence
April 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Happy anniversary! You've made awesome progress, and it looks wonderful.

freckles
April 22nd, 2011, 09:43 AM
wow, that is some absoloutely stunning hair! :)

catspank
April 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Oooooooh! I don't think I've ever seen your hair down - it's gorgeous!!! :crush:

I just realized my four year anniversary was last month, wow!

pepperminttea
April 22nd, 2011, 09:45 AM
Absolutely beautiful; happy LHCiversary. :D

Rocket22
April 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is stunning!

xoerincolleen
April 22nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
You have beautiful curls!

Evie
April 22nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Hey, happy anniversary! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:
I love the curl pattern in your hair, it looks amazing!

Can I just say as well, I love your self-made hairtoys, the hair sticks with the axe toppers are fantastic! you clearly have a lot of artistic talent :)

vanity_acefake
April 22nd, 2011, 10:28 AM
Happy anniversary. Your hair is beautiful.
And I have some envy over your amazing hair toy collection!
:)

Yozhik
April 22nd, 2011, 11:00 AM
What beautiful hair! I love the curls and I love how long it is -- I rarely see curly hair so long. :)

How long is it when stretched? Close to classic, I'd bet.

Also, I showed your hairtoy collection to my boyfriend, and he began quivering in fear at a glimpse of my future. (*insert evil laugh here*)

Venefica
April 22nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
Congratulations, you have beautiful hair. I love the pictures of your hair toy collection, especially the wolf's head bun holder and those axe sticks, they are amazing. :D

Lildove
April 22nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I love the progress that you made between the two pictures. I'm also eyeing your hair toy collection.;) I have yet to start one because my hair is still quite short but I'm excited to start looking around and shopping. I only have two plain hair sticks to my name.:o

Pixna
April 22nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :toast: I adore your hair (but you already knew that) and envy your beautiful toy collection. I look forward to seeing your hair and additional acquisitions on your NEXT anniversary! :laugh:

islandboo
April 22nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Happy anniversary!!!! I am in awe of your collection, especially the self made toys - you are quite artistic. Celebratory cheese!:cheese:

Alvrodul
April 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Happy anniversary, dfotw!! :toast:
I really love the pictures of your hair - it is so amazing - curly, lovely and just stunningly beautiful! I have always envied those who have curly hair - perhaps because I am a straightie myself.;)
And you have very good taste in hairtoys - that collection is certainly an inspiration for any frequent flier in the Hairtoy Addicts thread! :D

:chocolate::flowers:

Gumball
April 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Happy anniversary! Beautiful hair, and great curls!

Freyariane
April 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Congratulation! I love your loose locks (would love to have them :p)

CurlAhead
April 22nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Your hair looks stunning, wish my 3b-c curls would look something like that! Congratulations!! :) :D

dfotw
April 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Thank you so much for your congratulations and compliments, everyone! :flowers: Every passing day, I love this community more and more... :)

What beautiful hair! I love the curls and I love how long it is -- I rarely see curly hair so long. :)

How long is it when stretched? Close to classic, I'd bet.

Also, I showed your hairtoy collection to my boyfriend, and he began quivering in fear at a glimpse of my future. (*insert evil laugh here*)

My 39 inches when stretched right now are not quite at classic yet, but they're only 1-2 inches away! That's my next mini-goal, before I go for classic-when-dry/fingertip-when-stretched.

And tell your boyfriend he's right in worrying! ;)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :toast: I adore your hair (but you already knew that) and envy your beautiful toy collection. I look forward to seeing your hair and additional acquisitions on your NEXT anniversary! :laugh:

Thank you so much, dearest Pixna! With your enabling and support, I'm sure I'll have an even better toy collection next year! :D

Slinks
April 22nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
oooooo look at that !!! great growth .. and those marvelous curls .. *sigh*

Spring
April 22nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
I love your curls :)!

PamelaViktoria
April 22nd, 2011, 03:57 PM
luvly thick hair!

chenille
April 22nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Wow, what gorgeous curls! I also envy your hair toy collection. :D That wooden one on the left end of the bottom row is lovely! And the sword ones are super cool.

ericthegreat
April 22nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary! I love your dark curls, they look very exotic. You've also made some good progress lengthwise over the past year.

tinti
April 22nd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Oh my, that is Excellent growth with a big E :D Major hair envy here. Happy Hairniversary!

HairStickler
April 22nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Congratulations, dfotw! Thanks for sharing your progress and your beautiful pictures.

dfotw
April 23rd, 2011, 02:53 AM
Thank you, you lot are really giving me a big head with all your compliments! If I'd found this site before, I might have reconciled with the idea of having curly hair before! (and stopped thinking that my hair grew oh-so-slowly!) :flowers:

Jomo
April 23rd, 2011, 03:07 AM
Your hair is lovely! Congrats on the anniversary and good luck with the growing all the way down to classic :)

Dragon
April 23rd, 2011, 03:21 AM
Happy anniversary. Nice Hair :)

serious
April 23rd, 2011, 03:54 AM
Congratulations, dfotw!:cheer:

Your hair is amazing and that last pic is...:thudpile:

SwordWomanRiona
April 23rd, 2011, 04:47 AM
Gorgeous raven curls! Just like a Noldorin Elf ;)

rags
April 23rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
All this time in the Addict's thread and I don't think I've ever seen your hair down.:bigeyes: It's absolutely STUNNING! :thudpile:

AuburnTresses
April 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Congratulations! :cheer:

Your curls are gorgeous! They look so healthy, makes me wish I had such lovely curls.

I love all your hair toys, the wolf is especially cool.

Cowgirl16
April 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Happy Anniversary! :cheese: You have amazing hair, your curls are beautiful. I'm envious of your toys:p

Lippytoes
April 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Your hair is utterly gorgeous! Congrats on your 'versary! :)

wvgemini
April 23rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Your curls are amazing! Congrats on the anniversary :)

anniebelle
April 23rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
Congrats! :applause

Kathie
April 23rd, 2011, 03:33 PM
Happy anniversary! May you have many more great hair years.

dfotw
April 23rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone! I feel really loved! :puppykisses:

Gorgeous raven curls! Just like a Noldorin Elf ;)

Hehe, unusual Elves unite! :cool:

All this time in the Addict's thread and I don't think I've ever seen your hair down.:bigeyes: It's absolutely STUNNING! :thudpile:

I think one of the advantages of having so many toys is that I keep my hair up all the time, and the shock value when I wear it down is all the greater... :p

mwedzi
April 25th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Very pretty hair! The picture of your hair is the sun is really nice. And wow at your toy collection! Did you collect them all in 1 year?

Aaroo
April 26th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Wow your hair is breath taking, exactly what I wish to have! when I was teanager and did no treatment to my hair, it was black and had curl patterns like yours..but now it is dyed and is wavy rather than curly. I wish I can restore it to what it was..

dfotw
April 26th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Very pretty hair! The picture of your hair is the sun is really nice. And wow at your toy collection! Did you collect them all in 1 year?

Thank you! Yes, those are the toys I've collected in one year, I had none of them when I found this community... you're all a bunch of enablers! :D

Wow your hair is breath taking, exactly what I wish to have! when I was teanager and did no treatment to my hair, it was black and had curl patterns like yours..but now it is dyed and is wavy rather than curly. I wish I can restore it to what it was..

Thank you, Aaroo! I lost a lot of my curl pattern due to dyeing before I found LHC (the curls in my 'Before' pic are mostly braid-waves), but moisturising treatments, henna and going cone-free have really given a massive boost to my curls... I'm sure you can recovers yours too! :cheer:

Idun
April 26th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary and your great progress! I just love your curls!

Emerald88
April 26th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Your curls are absolutely divine!

KatiSasha
April 26th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Gorgeous hair, wish I could have your curls! Congrats!