PDA

View Full Version : growing eye brows...

breeanna92
April 22nd, 2011, 06:38 AM
Does anyone have any tricks to growing out eyebrows? i overplucked mine and now there too thin:rolleyes:

Biedronka
April 22nd, 2011, 06:52 AM
Is this the first time you overplucked them or have you been doing so for a long time?Either way,if you just leave them alone and resist the urge to grab the tweezers,they should grow back after a while..when i overlucked mine it took about 2-3 weeks for them to come back nice and thick again.Also,you could try aplying some castor oil on the area,it could help stimulate the hair growth...there's more info about that on the castor oil thread in the herbal haircare section,i think...

Anje
April 22nd, 2011, 08:31 AM
I've heard a lot of people swear by castor oil. As in the pharmacy laxative stuff. More important is just to leave them alone no matter how much you want to attack them during the growing-in process.

leslissocool
April 22nd, 2011, 08:41 AM
I let mine turn into Frida Khalo's when I need to let them grow out (my eyebrows are super thick I literally leave only 1/3 of them when I pluck).

If I need to be somewhere where I can't afford to look like chubaka then I just "pluck the vital spots" and make sure I don't touch where I want them thicker. But again I have a lot of eyebrow and it looks horrible grown out, if you have naturally thin eyebrows I'd say just let them be!

Slinks
April 22nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
yep, just leave them alone and resist the urge to pluck .. been there, done that .. what I found helpful was buying a self eyebrow tinting kit, with all the unplucked hairs still intact tint how thick you want your eyebrows to be, wait, wipe away then pluck only those that didn't get tinted ..

PamelaViktoria
April 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
I think diet and detoxing are the most important. Skin and hair are the least important in the body's priority list. A really clean body inside will repair you back to your genetic potential.

Pantha
April 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
I'm quite glad thicker eyebrows are in, I'm way too lazy to pluck my eyebrows.

squiggyflop
April 22nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
well, if you have been plucking them for a long time its important for you to ready yourself for the possibility that they may never grow back right.. thats why a lot of old ladies dont have any..

if you must still thin your brows i suggest using a eyebrow razor.. it will give the follicles a rest from being ripped out so they can recuperate..

im not much sure what help my answer will provide as my brows are as they are naturally with the exception of 6 stubborn hairs that grow in between that i get rid of periodically.. in other words, i dont pluck mine and let nature take its course.. but mine arent very thick

McFearless
April 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
Castor oil works really well.

TheBluffs
April 22nd, 2011, 10:08 PM
When I was in Elementrary school, I found my mothers plucking things, and got a little plucking happy. And when I mean a little I mean: Pluck the whole darn thing off. It took me a 2 years to recover from that with even growth placement. I now leave my poor eyebrows alone.

RocketDog
April 22nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
I use straight castor on my eyebrows, but I've only been using it for about two weeks so no huge results to report yet. I have very sparse eyebrows naturally so I'm not expecting miracles, but I'm hoping I'll see some sort of measurable result. I put a thin layer on before bed and wash it off in the morning.

breeanna92
April 23rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
darn well i have been plucking them for quite a while...so that means it just stop growing in that area?? :(

gogirlanime
April 27th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I go back and forth from castor oil and then Monistate every night, my family doesn't have very thick eyebrows in general, but because of this, mine are a bit more thicker than my family's average :)

maborosi
April 27th, 2011, 03:15 PM
In their natural state, mine are curly and obnoxious. I realized I took off too much, and now I'm suffering the growing-out process, haha.

I've found that a light eyeshadow or a powder of some sort swept over growing hairs makes them look less messy, but still it's horrible because I don't have any way to really cover them.

~maborosi~