PDA

View Full Version : sweat and washing

VitaR86
April 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM
How do guys deal with sweaty scalps in the summer and trying to stretch out washings?

Normally I CO wash my hair every 3 days and use ACV on my scalp. The ACV helps a ton with the itchies. But my scalp always itches more when I start sweating. And since I live in Texas, summer is already here. (Or at least it feels that way) And I end up washing my hair more because of it.

Any tips on what I can do about the sweaty scalp? Or how I can stretch out the washings in the summer?

HintOfMint
April 21st, 2011, 06:07 PM
Wash when you feel like washing. Your cleansing methods seem gentle enough. If you don't feel like CO-ing every time, perhaps you could try just rinsing with water or perhaps just using the ACV on your scalp.

krissykins
April 21st, 2011, 06:12 PM
WO helps a lot. I use that on my in between wash days when I work out.

spidermom
April 21st, 2011, 06:37 PM
I bag my length or hold it out of the way to keep it dry and rinse my scalp. Sometimes I even bag my hair AND hold it up to keep it dry while I wash my scalp.

Indigo Girl
April 21st, 2011, 06:48 PM
Dry shampoo (lightly scented). :D

jojo
April 21st, 2011, 08:33 PM
I get a sweaty scalp and I either leave it as it just absorbs or I just rinse it with water.

Kaeita
April 21st, 2011, 10:57 PM
I live in a tropical climate (hot and humid most of the time, just plain hot the rest of the time), and rinse my hair with water at least once a day, sometimes several times, depending on how uncomfortable I am, and how often I shower. I only use something to clean it when it feels like it needs cleaning, which depends greatly on the weather, and what I've been doing.

LotusFIre
April 22nd, 2011, 12:04 AM
HEY I'm in Texas too! I live in Gainesville, north of Dallas. :)
I have been rinsing with water, and I am thinking of getting a conefree conditioner to use in between washes. I use regular shampoo and condish with cones and clarify once a week, so I am trying to stretch my washes out too. It is hard when you work out and it is such a hot climate.
I agree with the others that if it feels icky, at least rinse it with water, or wash the scalp only.

Panth
April 22nd, 2011, 05:57 AM
There's an article somewhere in the LHC Articles section about how to do a scalp-only wash. I don't know if your hair is long enough for that but you could try it.

Anje
April 22nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
You can rinse out most of the sweat (the water, salt, etc) with just water. It might carry a little oil with it that increases your need to wash more frequently than in the winter, but rinsing the scalp can go a long way.