PDA

View Full Version : The C-COW-C washing thread

Katrina
June 16th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Sorry if there’s a thread about this already. I tried to search through these newer forums but didn’t find anything about C-COW-C.

In the archived forums is a C-COW-C method (conditioner, conditioner + shampoo mixed, conditioner) thread by AnaisSatin. I’m wondering now, does some of you still use the method and did it work for a longer period…

I found it a couple of days ago and absolutely love it! OK, I have done it just once ;). I’m just a bit worried because I’ve had – and still has – some scalp issues and there’s cones in my conditioners. I just mixed the rest of one shampoo and a conditioner with some water, all in one. Cones have worked just fine with my lengths, but how about scalp? … I have seborrhea which have decreased recently though. Quite heavy asthma medication has made my scalp dryer but not exactly dry if you know what I mean. It itches sometimes. I wash every second or every third day. Maybe the cones will make my scalp worse… it feels fine just now and my hair is not at all coarse as it used to be above ears, but I should perhaps change the conditioner soon. Or what do you think?

Mitzy
June 16th, 2008, 04:54 AM
I haven't ever used this exact method, but I was doing Conditioner - shampoo (which I dilute by half) - Conditioner, what's that called C-W-C or something, I think?
I will be watching this thread because I have some of the same issues. How do you know it's your asthma meds that cause the itching? I itch like crazy, especially my scalp and back. I am pretty sure it is dimethicone that I react to. I did a patch test with some dimethicone I have for making bath soaps and shampoos and conditioners to sell and I reacted like crazy!
I am trying Morocco Method right now, you can see the notes in my blog, below. It is expensive and takes a lot of room for all those bottles, though! I am doing okay with it, but I would like to try some Aubrey Organics, too, if I can ever find any here in Australia.
Anyway, I will be interested to see what you say and what others have to say.
I take allergy and asthma medicines, and a pain med that I suspect may add to the itching. I have never heard of asthma meds causing itching, so I really would like to know what you think.

Myrddin
August 3rd, 2008, 05:16 AM
Any new experiences with COW?

Mitzy
August 3rd, 2008, 05:18 AM
I am trying Shampoo bars now. COW seems to work better for me in the summer and it is dead of winter here now. I don't wash nearly as often in the winter. that might be why.

Honey39
August 3rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Isn't it an incredibly LONG process though, to be doing that to your hair? I wouldn't have the patience at all. I quite like the idea, but it just sounds so time-consuming...how much extra time does it add to your routines?