PDA

View Full Version : Pcos

perkidanman
April 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM
So I looked but I didn't find anything specifically about PCOS when I searched through the forums, so forgive me if my search-fu is not strong.

All the people in my family have thick hair, especially me and my sisters. Whenever we got our hair cut the hairdressers would call over other hairdressers and exclaim in disbelief about how thick and heavy it was. I admit, I've always been a bit vain of my hair, especially when I was in the military and it was protected in a bun and got to waist length.

A few years ago however, I found out I have PCOS, which if you don't know in addition to having cysts on your ovaries, makes it very difficult to loose weight, thins the hair on your head, and gives you male-hair growth. I've been struggling with my body image now, since I've put on 60 lbs (hoooorible stretch marks everywhere) mostly around my middle, my pretty hair is thinning despite how much i'm trying to baby it, and on top of it all if I don't get laser hair removal I literally have a 'stache and beard! :violin:

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have PCOS? I'm a bit worried, since in addition to all the hair-woes I plan on having spawn of my own someday and women with PCOS have a 50% chance of misscarraige, if they can get preggers at all. Any advice would be appreciated.

Anje
April 21st, 2011, 01:40 PM
You'll want to check out this thread. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9294)

perkidanman
April 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Ah, thank you Anje! I figured it was on here somewhere but I just couldn't find the thing!