PDA

View Full Version : Leave-in Conditioner? Thoughts?

ChristineB
April 20th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Hey, I tried doing a search but the function isn't working right now...weird!

Right now I have Garnier Fructis "Sleek and Shine" leave-in conditioner, as well as Paul Mitchell's "Super Skinny". What is the general consensus on these products? Okay for the hair?

TakeAPotatoChip
April 20th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Some people really hate the s&s leave-in (I thought it was meh for use on wet hair) but I used it as a wash-out conditioner when I had nothing else to use and it made my hair lovely, one of my favorites. ^.^ You could try it like that if you don't like it as a leave-in. Also my s&s was kind of old-ish and I know at least some of the cone-conditioners by garnier have new ingredients, so mine might be different from yours.

Firefox7275
April 20th, 2011, 07:49 AM
IIRC the Garnier has been reviewed (http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/index.php), too lazy to look up the Paul Mitchell. :o

SpinDance
April 20th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I used to always use leave-ins, but now days I use oils as deep treatments and Panacea (any of the 3 blends work for me) as a leave-in, usually applied to damp hair. My experiments have proven to me that cones don't work for me as well as oils, but we're all different.

maborosi
April 20th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I use a leave-in conditioner near the ends of my hair almost exclusively, after I towel my hair until it's dry.

It really helps me out a lot- I don't seem to have as many split ends.

~maborosi~

x0h_bother
April 20th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I use leave-in sprays sometimes overnight. I also do like the SuperSkinny, I don't think it's bad for your hair, why would it be?

Raiscake
April 20th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I used to apply leave-in conditioner everyday, but I stopped after moving to another country that don't sell them. I find that it didn't make much of a difference. In fact, I think my hair's a lot better now. Plus it gave me a lot of pimples around my hairline.

RitaPG
April 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I use my regular conditioners as leave-in, on the ends, after I shower. Either Herbal Essences [has cones] or Garnier Ultra Mild [conefree] work just fine for me. Sometimes I'll just use a drop of coconut oil and that works just as well :)
Can't comment on those two you mentioned, since I have never used them.

Cleopatra18
April 20th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I use the garnier fructic long and strong leave in and I completely love it.I think it works better on damp or wet hair rather on dry.
You could try to look up "kimmaytube leave in" which is basically a method of mixing your leave in with some oils and stuff to make it more conditioning.I tried it with one of the leave in conditioners I have that I didnt like much but after mixing it with her method I totally love it.And you can adjust it to your hair needs.Tell me if you want more details on my mix or something or if you try it.

Miss Catrina
April 20th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Leave-ins save my life. I use Sleek & Shine an an Aveeno spray every night post shower.

ETA: Sleek & Shine is a whole line of MANY products - so I should probably be specific and say I use the serum.

Siiri
April 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I use leave-ins, because I'm afraid oil may be too heavy for my hair at this length, and I can't hide it if I overdo it. If I use too much oils (deep oiling more than twice a month) they seem to make my hair crunchy. I have used a leave-in from garnier fructis 5-10 years ago, I think they were pretty light. I use now a leave-in from Alba botanica, which I quite like. It doesn't have any "bad" ingredients that I know of, it moisturizes and helps detangle. I have tried using my regular conditioner as a leave-in, but it made my hair look stringy.

eta: I prefer creams/lotions over sprays, creams are easier to apply evenly.

Slinks
April 20th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I like leave-ins too .. but I probably overdo it :-D I don't rince all my regular condish out, then I use a leave-in then I put my evoo mix on the ends .. lol ..

Jeni
April 20th, 2011, 04:58 PM
My hair LOVES the S&S leave in, except for like a week or so after I do cassia then it seems to HATE it. Weird.

CurlyNaomi
April 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I love a bit of Kinky curly Knot today, I put a little bit all over (except the roots) detangle with my fingers then put my gel on.

long&blonde
April 20th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I can't do without Garnier's leave in conditioners. Any of them. Just Hate the tiny bottle size tho! It's Leave in Conditioner! You can get giant bottles of shampoo & rinse outs,but any leave in that's worked for me? I buy 6-8 bottles of Garnier leave in at a time.

Florida Mom
April 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I started using sleek and shine - I love it! I use it when I (occasionally) wear my hair down. It makes a huge difference - my hair becomes very smooth and shiny.

The only drawback is that it makes my hair even slipperier and I have a hard time putting it up with it in.