PDA

View Full Version : chinese longhair: WOW!!!

Braidy
April 20th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I found this article today and I have to say... wow! It's a Spanish article cause I couldn't find a similar one in English but the content should be quite transparent anyway. Speaking of term length :eyebrows: According to her own words she never did anything special so I say yay for benign neglect! :D

http://es-us.noticias.yahoo.com/china-cortará-melena-3-6-metros-elaborará-bordado-112108444.html

Ishje
April 20th, 2011, 01:56 AM
that is long 0.o does it say that it it 3.6 meters long? (I don't speak Spanish at all)

Lippytoes
April 20th, 2011, 02:08 AM
That is spectacular. O__O And yes, it says 3.6 metres long. Whoah.

The comments (except for the last one, at least) all seem to be along the lines of "she should donate her hair!" ... Yeah.

FoxRain
April 20th, 2011, 04:54 AM
That is spectacular. O__O And yes, it says 3.6 metres long. Whoah.

The comments (except for the last one, at least) all seem to be along the lines of "she should donate her hair!" ... Yeah.

*sigh* can these people never just stare in awe at the beauty of someones hair?

nory87
April 20th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Yes, most of the comments says she should donate it. The lady wants to keep all the hair and make an embroidery wit her hair. She also said she has been saving every strand of hair that has fallen for years! WOW That is dedication and love to her hair!!! :)

Chetanlaiho
April 20th, 2011, 06:01 AM
It looks pretty scraggly at the ends but still a major wow to the length ^_^

Rebecca.1905
April 20th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Wow. I can't even begin to imagine my hair being that long! Her hair is simply stunning!

RitaPG
April 20th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Has anyone else noticed that most of the comments are toward donating to children with cancer? Are people that silly? First of all, human hair wigs have a shorter duration in comparison to a high quality synthetic one, and are far more expensive. Also, I've met several people with cancer, most of them don't give a s**** about wigs. Kids seem to love wearing colorful bandanas, though. So maybe those people should stop with the "donating" comments and learn to tye dye some headscarves...
Anyway, rant is over.

Her hair is awesome! :thud:

Izae
April 20th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Wow, that's made me want to look into the "benign neglect" method more! lol

Firefox7275
April 20th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Has anyone else noticed that most of the comments are toward donating to children with cancer? Are people that silly? First of all, human hair wigs have a shorter duration in comparison to a high quality synthetic one, and are far more expensive. Also, I've met several people with cancer, most of them don't give a s**** about wigs. Kids seem to love wearing colorful bandanas, though. So maybe those people should stop with the "donating" comments and learn to tye dye some headscarves...
Anyway, rant is over.

I think she should donate her spare hair ... once they all donate their spare money. ;)

Phexlyn
April 20th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Wow, that is some seriously long hair! Does it say anything about how she wears it on a daily basis?

Braidy
April 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
No it doesn't say anything about how she wears it, just that she doesn't do anything special and that she hasn't had a single haircut in almost 20 years. But I guess she's not dragging it behind her all day otherwise it wouldn't have lasted so long.

misspriss
April 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Just to note, the article is about how she is going to cut it, which makes me a little sad. But it is beautiful hair! And she obviously feels very close to it, it says she has saved all of her shed hairs and filled 10 ziplock bags! Can you imagine saving that much shed hair?

Braidy
April 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Just to note, the article is about how she is going to cut it, which makes me a little sad. But it is beautiful hair! And she obviously feels very close to it, it says she has saved all of her shed hairs and filled 10 ziplock bags! Can you imagine saving that much shed hair?

It says she wants to cut her hair because it takes her 2 hours to wash it. I totally understand that. I'm quite sure she won't cut it all off though. Probably will go back to something slightly more regular like waist or so.

Rin4Christ
April 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
a post in english:
http://www.ibloghealth.net/jiang-aixiu-a-woman-who-never-had-a-haircut-in-21-years.html

the end of the article says "However, Jiang is now planning to cut her long hair on the advice of a doctor. Doctors say Jiang’s long hair can absorb too much nutrients from her head, and is not good for health. “It’s better for me to release it, because there is too much in my head,” she said." which sounds ridiculous to me.... hair is going to use the same nutrients to grow whether it is long or short...

misspriss
April 20th, 2011, 10:40 AM
It says she wants to cut her hair because it takes her 2 hours to wash it. I totally understand that. I'm quite sure she won't cut it all off though. Probably will go back to something slightly more regular like waist or so.

That is good, I just read that she hadn't cut it in 20 years and now she was going to, but it seems reasonable if it is that hard to care for.

a post in english:
http://www.ibloghealth.net/jiang-aixiu-a-woman-who-never-had-a-haircut-in-21-years.html

the end of the article says "However, Jiang is now planning to cut her long hair on the advice of a doctor. Doctors say Jiang’s long hair can absorb too much nutrients from her head, and is not good for health. “It’s better for me to release it, because there is too much in my head,” she said." which sounds ridiculous to me.... hair is going to use the same nutrients to grow whether it is long or short...

Hm...sounds odd to me too.

spidermom
April 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Wow - talk about patience! I've only been at this for 10 years, and I've cut back many times.

firicia
April 20th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Anyway, rant is over.

Very true. I have to add... and I am not sure if I am the only one who may feel this way... but the idea of wearing someone else's hair as a wig does not feel like something I'd want to do. To each their own but I think the fake wigs are very nice now a days and cheaper and come in all kinds of wicked colours(plus well maybe a bit more sanitary?)! I have never needed one, nor do I ever hope to be in a position where I do so I can only say from my own perspective as someone who just has 1 for parties. (p.s. I love my blue haired wig!!!!!!!!!:D)

Those women have great hair though, they must be so proud!

pepperminttea
April 20th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Wow, that's quite a feat! I'd love to see the embroidery she's planning when it's finished, I hope that'll make it into the news. :)

Has anyone else noticed that most of the comments are toward donating to children with cancer? Are people that silly?

I think it's just that most people haven't had a reason to doubt what they've heard. Without long hair forums I would, in all likelihood, have never heard of the LoL controversy. :shrug: (But then, donating here isn't anywhere near as common as in the US.)

estelwen
April 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Wow! And thick all the way down!

pinkbunny
April 20th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Impressive, but she ain't got nothing on Xie Qiuping (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/human_body/extreme_bodies/longest_hair.aspx)...

terpentyna
April 20th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Anyway, rant is over.

Amen to that.

Beatnik Guy
April 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Evidently, those doctors are a little clueless. Or just don't like long hair. :rolleyes:

a post in english:

nighthawk
April 20th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I can't even imagine having that much hair, well over 100 inches of hair....wow, just wow.

RitaPG
April 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I think it's just that most people haven't had a reason to doubt what they've heard. Without long hair forums I would, in all likelihood, have never heard of the LoL controversy. :shrug: (But then, donating here isn't anywhere near as common as in the US.)

It's not just the LOL fiasco, it's the whole donating thing, it feels like it's the new fad or something.

This bothers me personally because my brother's godmother, who died of cancer, lived with us during her last six months, and the last thing she ever thought of was hair.
And yet, whenever someone sees long hair, they just have to point a finger and demand it for charity, as if it made them superior in any way, to tell us what to do with our friggin hair!
Give blood, a kidney, bone marrow... Heck, some people give all their skin and organs to medicine when they die, what is the big deal with hair these days?
The saddest part is that when I listen to, or read, comments like that, I feel these people know nothing, that they are shallow and stupid. And I hate these feelings :-(

On a side note: pepperminttea, don't take this personally, I'm just really grumpy today. I have nothing against you :o

Dark Queen
April 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
I'm simply amazed at how some people can use the "benign neglect" method and still have amazing hair! I have a friend that does this (literally ripping a brush through her wet hair) yet still has crazy thickness and softness. It's maddening! >_<

PamelaViktoria
April 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
chinese are very interesting! I lived in china for 3 years. What surprised me is u can't buy antiperspirant because most people don't use it. And they don't stink, even in the hottest weather.
The average person has beautiful skin! They eat mostly veggies, some fruit, lots of rice, and meat every second day. One of the reasons I went on the raw food diet, was if I get to go back to china, I won't have to eat the very low quality meat. And nuts seeds and seaweed are readily available.
Anywho, what I hated was these women who have the potential to have long thick super shiney hair, perm and layer the snott out of it. The styles are as bad as krimp perms and mullets.

Dark Queen
April 22nd, 2011, 06:11 PM
chinese are very interesting! I lived in china for 3 years. What surprised me is u can't buy antiperspirant because most people don't use it. And they don't stink, even in the hottest weather.
The average person has beautiful skin! They eat mostly veggies, some fruit, lots of rice, and meat every second day. One of the reasons I went on the raw food diet, was if I get to go back to china, I won't have to eat the very low quality meat. And nuts seeds and seaweed are readily available.
Anywho, what I hated was these women who have the potential to have long thick super shiney hair, perm and layer the snott out of it. The styles are as bad as krimp perms and mullets.

So true. I know a lot of Asians (heck, half my family is Asian) and nearly every Asian girl I know bleaches her hair until it's dried out. I don't get it :(

McFearless
April 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
a post in english:

Oh no. Her doctor is so wrong.

Dark Queen
April 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Oh no. Her doctor is so wrong.

Seriously. Where would anyone get an idea like that?

ReadHeadGirl
May 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Great long hair care & braiding of a chinese teenage girl (age 16) !

(http://v.ku6.com/show/DZ_GurVAmp0BxkGE.html)

(be patient,it loads a bit slower)

ReadHeadGirl
May 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
sorry I didn't put the link :
here it is :

http://v.ku6.com/show/DZ_GurVAmp0BxkGE.html

Catladyintown
May 23rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
It so nice to see that the mother is very proud of her daughters hair.:D I wish I could understand what they are saying.

ReadHeadGirl
May 23rd, 2011, 02:37 PM
It so nice to see that the mother is very proud of her daughters hair.:D I wish I could understand what they are saying.

She is indeed ! And the daughter has such wonderful hair ! Twin braids suits her really well :),they 're really neat

Beatnik Guy
May 23rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Woah!! :thud:

annieangel149
May 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
that is just sooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!! :thud::cloud9:

ReadHeadGirl
May 25th, 2011, 04:40 AM
that is just sooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!! :thud::cloud9:
it it so nice the way also her mother takes care of her daughter hair'. Neat and beautiful,2 braids,so simple and yet so elegant

jojo
May 25th, 2011, 07:24 AM
great article and 10" a year growth wow!

Chetanlaiho
May 25th, 2011, 10:15 AM
sorry I didn't put the link :
here it is :

Wow O_O she has pretty much my dream hair colour and thickness. Definitely tempted to get DBF to translate this for me in case they are talking about any tips on how they take care of it xD

ReadHeadGirl
May 25th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Wow O_O she has pretty much my dream hair colour and thickness. Definitely tempted to get DBF to translate this for me in case they are talking about any tips on how they take care of it xD

I am also 16 and my mother too still braids my hair just like the girl's in video :-)

TheMechaGinger
May 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM
20 cm a year? That's crazy! I'm all kinds of jealous

TheMechaGinger
May 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Also that doctor stuff sounds like baloney. Your hair is always growing, whether you cut it all the time or not it wouldn't make a difference in how much energy and nutrients your body spends doing it

Chetanlaiho
May 25th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I am also 16 and my mother too still braids my hair just like the girl's in video :-)

I don't think my mother has ever braided my hair in my entire life xD (to be fair I don't think she had longer than chin-length hair since she was eighteen so she might have actually forgotten how to xD)

ReadHeadGirl
May 25th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I don't think my mother has ever braided my hair in my entire life xD (to be fair I don't think she had longer than chin-length hair since she was eighteen so she might have actually forgotten how to xD)

My mother is actually very skilled when it comes to whatever long hairstyling, especially braids/plaits ,she can do tons of styles !!! she should have been a hairdresser

Chetanlaiho
May 25th, 2011, 10:52 AM
My mother is actually very skilled when it comes to whatever long hairstyling, especially braids/plaits ,she can do tons of styles !!! she should have been a hairdresser

That sounds like so much fun ^^ I never gave a crap about my hair when I was growing up, I could only do a (tight) ponytail so that's what I did (24/7, yikes). I remember my sisters and their friends wanting to braid it but I'd never let them xD

jojo
May 26th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Wow O_O she has pretty much my dream hair colour and thickness. Definitely tempted to get DBF to translate this for me in case they are talking about any tips on how they take care of it xD go to google translate it will do the whole page for you!

ReadHeadGirl
May 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM
go to google translate it will do the whole page for you!

I'd really like to know what they say in that long-hair video....

ReadHeadGirl
May 27th, 2011, 10:12 AM
You can check superb photos from a well-known long-hair Chinese website this way:

copy & paste the word: 长发 (long hair) at Google images,from the domain : mf08s.com

and there tons of images :-)