PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question

Annie Fulton
April 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hello everyone. I have seen a couple of random people tell the curcumference of their ponytail. I consider my hair to be on the thick side, so I am curious to know what mine is so I can compare it. My question is, however silly it may be, how does one measure the circumference of his or her ponytail? Thanks for any help in advance. :p

Kherome
April 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Hello everyone. I have seen a couple of random people tell the curcumference of their ponytail. I consider my hair to be on the thick side, so I am curious to know what mine is so I can compare it. My question is, however silly it may be, how does one measure the circumference of his or her ponytail? Thanks for any help in advance. :p

Wrap a measuring tape around your pony as near to your head as you can.

Quixii
April 19th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Wrap a measuring tape around your pony as near to your head as you can.
And if you don't have a flexible measuring tape, you can wrap a string around your ponytail, and straighten out the string against the ruler and measure it that way. :)

Annie Fulton
April 19th, 2011, 10:28 PM
And if you don't have a flexible measuring tape, you can wrap a string around your ponytail, and straighten out the string against the ruler and measure it that way.

Ah, yes! I have a measuring tape but I never could get it to maneuver very well. I will definetely try that idea with the string though.

Panth
April 20th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Make sure the ponytail gets all of your hair in it, even if it ends up in a ridiculous place. If you have face framing layers you might end up with a ponytail above your eyes to do this - it'll look really silly, but you'll get a better measurement.

Pierre
April 20th, 2011, 05:51 AM
What I do is wrap the tape around the ponytail, tighten it, put my thumbnail at the end of the tape gripping the next turn, and take it off.