PDA

View Full Version : "You have awesome hair!"

Pierre
April 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Yesterday I woke up, wrote an email to my boss, washed my hair, and found a reply that he wanted me in early. I cooked my lunch, prepared some raw veggies, packed my lunch, and walked out the door, my hair down in two ponytails held loosely by Flexis. I worked hard and had no time to put my hair up. I had a meeting that night, and as I was riding the bus, I braided my hair, but instead of the usual three strands per side all from the scalp, I did two strands from my scalp and one from my beard.

Some guy said "You have awesome hair! Do you color it?" I answered that I use henna, and kept on braiding. I think what impressed him was the contrast between two colors and textures. My beard is 4a in two dreads, mostly red. It's down to my belly button (not now, it's up to my ears in the braid, which i folded and held with the Flexis), which isn't long enough to bun properly with past-waist hair. I'm going to grow my beard longer so that I can bring it up and braid, rather than bringing the two strands down to my cheek to start the braid.

spidermom
April 19th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Nobody can say you aren't original!

Firefox7275
April 19th, 2011, 03:15 PM
:cool: For every guy that says your hair looks awesome, ten more will be thinking it (maybe more).

Slinks
April 19th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Nobody can say you aren't original!

lol .. I quite agree :-)

vanity_acefake
April 19th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Yay for compliments.
Your hair and beard sound fantastic.

proo
April 19th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Want to see that!

MissManda
April 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I must say that is a really cool idea! :D Thanks for sharing!

Maelyssa
April 19th, 2011, 05:18 PM
How great is that?!
It's fantastic to receive a compliment on your hair that you work so hard to grow. Awesome indeed!

Mesmerise
April 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I would love to see a pic of that!!! (I'm having a hard time imagining it fully I think)!

Pierre
April 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Last time I checked, my camera couldn't focus, and I haven't had the time or money to get it fixed.

Cupofmilk
April 20th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Excellent - beard braiding is so cool.