PDA

View Full Version : Your hairline?

rena
April 19th, 2011, 08:10 AM
What are the hairs around your hairline like? Are they different than the "inland" hair?

Siiri
April 19th, 2011, 08:19 AM
What are the hairs around your hairline like? Are they different than the "inland" hair?

Except for the part above my forehead, they finer and lighter than the rest of my hair.

Allar
April 19th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Not really very different, a bit thicker than the rest, but that's all.

saera
April 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM
They're finer.

vanillabones
April 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Also fine and lighter. Much more delicate too.

LittleOrca
April 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Not too much different for me, save for a few spots. They tend to be a little shorter though and have to be pinned down with bobby pins when I put my hair up.

Maelyssa
April 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Another one here with finer & lighter hair around the hairline. Unfortunately due to shedding my hairline is receding a bit. I'm crossing my fingers that it's only temporary.

Yozhik
April 19th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Cute way of referring to the "inland hairs." :)

Mine are finer and have a shorter terminal length. I especially have to be careful with my nape hairs, because they like to split.

Copasetic
April 19th, 2011, 11:55 AM
They are shorter (new growth I think) but generally the same as the rest of my hair.

agoddess2die4
April 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Mine are extremely fine and wispy, fuzzy curly (though sometimes I can form a spiral out of them, but usually they just fluff up) and it can't grow more than a couple inches. It's annoying when putting my hair back because I have a wispy halo of fuzz that can't seem to be controlled by gel or a straigtener or even clips. :/

Firefox7275
April 19th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I don't think there is much difference at my forehead or above my ears, but I have very fine growth by my temples/ cheekbones and at the nape.

Pantha
April 19th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Mine is a little finer but with a terminal length around my elbow at the front, adn infront of my ears around shoulder height terminal length but thats OK because despite my hair being poker straight I can curl the bits infront of my ears with a dab of water and its a bit like natural face framing layers :D.

squiggyflop
April 19th, 2011, 03:29 PM
light.. im talking blondish without henna.. wispy.. short..

my cowlicks which are in front form curls

Anje
April 19th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Finer, shorter, and at my "forehead corners" it's curlier. I have horns on windy days.

kwaniesiam
April 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Lighter, all of my hair is so fine it's hard to tell if its any finer than the rest but it probably is. Also slower to grow and shorter overall.

agoddess2die4
April 19th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Finer, shorter, and at my "forehead corners" it's curlier. I have horns on windy days.

oh gosh, me too. My former stepdad said I looked like a little devil when my hair acted up. haha

fluffypuffy
April 20th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Mine are finer and shall we say, more "rebellious" ;)

terpentyna
April 20th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Finer, shorter, and lighter in my temporal area.

Around my forehead however, I have these one and a half inch bangs which grow in the opposite direction from the rest of my hair, are as dark as my regular hair, and look ridiculous. :p

Phexlyn
April 20th, 2011, 01:14 AM
The hairs at my hairline are even finer than the rest (except for the nape hair, those are dryer, coarser and brittle - can't get those buggers to grow long) which makes for a shorter terminal length on some of them. I often get hairy "horns" at my temples because the hairs just won't lie flat ;) The hair at the hairline is also extremely pale, almost white and only turns darker half an inch or so from the roots. It's a bit annoying when covering up the roots with henna because the colour doesn't stick as well as to the rest of the hair and I don't like having the roots showing.