PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Hair...

LittleOrca
April 18th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I am so bummed...

Last month on the day after my birthday I went in and got my hair trimmed. I am sure some of you remember me bitching...er... talking about it. If you look through my older photos in my albums you will see it was needed. I just hated to give up the length for it, but it was one of those times to bite the bullet and just do it.

The pictures I took afterward made me feel good about doing it, after all it was needed, but then I started to wonder what my length in inches was now. For a long time now I have been focused on just going by body parts since it was sometimes hard to measure the wisps. I do remember that my longest was 43 inches, or "Can I call this almost classic?" Here is a recent pick, taken less than 10 minutes ago:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/MelissaHair39-1.jpg

*sigh* I am back to 39 inches. Still TBL on me, just below hip really. Four inches just bums me out. I know all the "health over length" or "looks over length" arguments and what not that support the cut I made, but those are little to no comfort when I am brooding over my hair. It's easy to toss those around too when you are not the one who is growing, or trying to grow, out old dye and get her natural hair to the floor

All I can do now is wait...Grr... grow little hairs, grow!

Quixii
April 18th, 2011, 07:56 PM
LittleOrca, your hair is beautiful. Regardless of the number measurement, it is long and pretty and you said yourself, the trim was necessary. You'll gain back the numbers.

cindy58
April 18th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I'm a fan of trimming every now and then -- your hair looks very long, and very nice!

LittleOrca
April 18th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I hope so. :( It's got me crabby and bumming.

Fairlight63
April 18th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Little Orca, your hair is so beautiful! I wish that mine looked that pretty!

PolythenePam
April 18th, 2011, 08:11 PM
It looks like spun gold:)

racrane
April 18th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! I'd kill for your length (not really, but I'd LOVE to have hair that long). Be patient! :)

AnqeIicDemise
April 18th, 2011, 08:22 PM
'Tis not about the numbers, me love.. its about accomplishments. And believe me, you have ONE HELLUVA accomplishment right there.

You're making me feel *bald*.

Nae
April 18th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Put down the tape measure and repeat with me, "I have beautiful mermaid hair that I am oh so proud of, and I rock." Say it. Come on, I know you want to.

Say it like 100 times.

Because you and your hair rock that hard.:rockerdud

Joribear
April 18th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Your hair is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! I know it bums you out to have lost some inches, but as you said, it needed to be done! Fear not, the beauty of your hair is definitely still there!

Now I'm going to go cry for wanting hair that pretty! :(

MeganE
April 18th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Put down the tape measure and repeat with me, "I have beautiful mermaid hair that I am oh so proud of, and I rock." Say it. Come on, I know you want to.

Say it like 100 times.

This. :D Beautiful mermaid hair indeed. But four inches is a lot, I chopped 2 to get a more even hemline, and I still miss those. Your poor lost lonely four inches!! All alone... in the trash... :cry:

But are you really sure it's four inches? Did you pull your hair straight and everything? I thought I was 27 and when I pulled mine straight it stretched out to 28 and I'm not as wavy as you are.

Mesmerise
April 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM
You have beautiful hair, and it doesn't even look like you cut off 4"! I know it probably seems FOREVER when you want ankle length hair, but for those of us still languishing above waist you have adorably LOOOONG hair!

Malibu Barbie
April 19th, 2011, 12:44 AM
You have beautiful hair don't worry !! I just cut off 4 inches a few months ago it will grown back.:) I don't miss sitting on it all the time.

hanne jensen
April 19th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I know that sacrificing so much hair is very traumatic. Have you considered dusting every 6-8 weeks? When I say dust, I mean 1/4 to 1/2 CENTIMETER. Keeps the hemline thickened up and even and gets damage out. You still get growth. Maybe your SO can do it for you? I've found that males have a very good eye for measuring and cut very straight.

Off off topic-GIRL, YOU'VE SHRUNK!!!

Alvrodul
April 19th, 2011, 03:30 AM
I agree with Megan that you should put away your tape measure for now! I measured at the New Year, and don't plan on measuring again untilthe end of June.
As for trimming - if your hair needs it for its health, it is just something you should accept. And don't grieve over those lost inches - they will grow back, and in the meantime you can simply enjoy those lovely, golden waves! :crush:
I growl at my hair these days as well. I have been doing small trims for the last few months, but I think my hair really needs a bigger trim - at least two inches, maybe four. I will see if I can improve matters by doing some bigger trims, but I am not happy about it. That chemical damage has to go, though!:mad:

Scarlet_Heart
April 19th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Your hair looks great! And in most situations, you still have ridiculously long hair. :heart:

LittleOrca
April 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Say it like 100 times.

I am not sure I could say it a hundrerd times. I can get through one or two before I start adding, "...and I rock, but I wish you were longer." :o:D

This. :D Beautiful mermaid hair indeed. But four inches is a lot, I chopped 2 to get a more even hemline, and I still miss those. Your poor lost lonely four inches!! All alone... in the trash... :cry:

But are you really sure it's four inches? Did you pull your hair straight and everything? I thought I was 27 and when I pulled mine straight it stretched out to 28 and I'm not as wavy as you are.

I know! My poor inches are alone somewhere... huddled together, cold and unstyled. *sobs*

Yes, I did pull my hair straight. That is how I measure it to make sure I am getting as close to an accurate measurement as possible. My ends were hovering between 39 and 39 1/4, so I just counted it as a 39.

Your hair is gorgeous! I know that sacrificing so much hair is very traumatic. Have you considered dusting every 6-8 weeks? When I say dust, I mean 1/4 to 1/2 CENTIMETER. Keeps the hemline thickened up and even and gets damage out. You still get growth. Maybe your SO can do it for you? I've found that males have a very good eye for measuring and cut very straight.

Thanks. :D

I don't usually dust, but I do S&D for a while until I decide I need a large trim. Before this one, my last large trim was in December and a previous one was in September, and when I say "large" in that case I mean about 1/2 to 1 inch at most. It is harder to do a nice dusting trim on myself since my hair's hemline is not a typical thick U or straight line and my fiancée is not at home right now so he can't do it; not that I would trust him near my hair with scissors. He loves my long hair and I know the pressure would make him shake while cutting and that would be bad!

I agree with Megan that you should put away your tape measure for now!....

Hehe, I had put it away for a long time. :) However, I just had to know if I was or wasn't still past 40 inches. That was a big milestone when I first got here and it's one of those "I won't ever go back to pre-40 days again!" moments... and now... 39! Grrr... But I am trying to just "set it and forget it" while it grows itself back out.

spidermom
April 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I feel your pain. I find regular small trims much less traumatic than big ones, and that is my plan from now on. I grew for 14 months with no trims, and my ends were so dried out, full of splits, and like Velcro that I had to cut 7 (!) inches all at once. Never again - approximately 1/2 inch every 3 months is much easier on my length and keeps the ends in much better condition.

Roseate
April 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Wow! I haven't seen your hair in a while, and your hemline is really looking great. Sorry about your lost length, but it truly is looking so beautiful.

And, on the upside, you haven't lost even a millimeter of your virgin length, so you're that much closer to 100% virgin, floor-length hair. Good going.

Anje
April 19th, 2011, 08:59 PM
She really has. And I'm pretty sure what we're seeing there is the chair, which means she's hiding completely behind it!

Your hair and weight loss are both inspiring, LittleOrca!

jesis
April 19th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I have to say the thread title made me laugh. It was very unorthodox for the LHC. :D What's funny is that it's not even your hair's fault!!! Lol.

You're hair is beautiful! I love the color and length. :)

rogue_psyche
April 20th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Don't feel bad! As others say you have lovely mermaid hair. Your hemline looks great, too and you're still closer to 100% virgin hair. I just know that you'll get there eventually. :flower: