PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the LHC members (quite amusing!)

AnqeIicDemise
April 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
So, after the tea-tree fiasco I've been a little more conscious about what goes ON my hair and what not.

I realized, very quickly, that:

* My scalp hates silicones. Every single itch problem I've ever had over the last three years has been attributed to the darn things and their buildup. (I never noticed this at first as I was an avid swimmer for one and a half of these years so I clarified my hair often then.)
* After being cone free since September, and suddenly adding cones back into my rotation in an effort to wash out oils better from my hair (deep oilings once a week), it became even more noticeable. I had this huge AHA moment last Wash Day when I finally clarified and the itching was suddenly GONE.
* I refuse to use my expensive, 19oz Burt Bee's conditioner for CWC or CO only for Deep Oiling days. Its just too darn expensive! (I'm talking about a nine dollar bottle here, YES I am going to be stingy.)

So, armed with this knowledge and with two bucks in my pocket, I go to Target to go buy me a few bottles of Suave's conditioner. See, it really didn't dawn on me until TODAY, the correlation of Itch + Cones until I was reading the thread about someone using Herbal Essences hydrate me something something line. (Btw, my hair hates that one too. I think the perfumes are just too pungent in that one.) Remembering my good old days with Suave as a kid, and how many posters rant & rave about the Suave coconut scent, I decided to go buy me some.

I round the corner. I spy the Suave.

And it it was literally empty of ALL conditioners.

I kind of did a double take.

I frowned. I looked around, hoping to find a hidden camera show. I rounded the aisle in hopes of finding more.. but alas, 'twas not so.

No conditioners.

No Strawberry. No beach scent. DEFINITELY no coconuty-goodness (the small AND family size were completely gone. I even got on my hands and knees to find something.

At *last* I found one large bottle of green apple conditioner that had rolled all the way at the back of the shelf.

I could envision hoards of LHCrs running down the aisles, wielding tangle teasers, hair sticks and grathoes whilst yelling 'ITS MINE!! UNHAND THAT GOODNESS!! I NEED TO STOCK UP!!'

I kind of shrieked, got the bottle and rushed out the aisle to pay for it.

----

My husband asked me what that was about and I responded with "Redmond, LHCrs cleared out the suave conditioners, I am sure of it. I didn't want to loose my precious."

TheBluffs
April 18th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I could envision hoards of LHCrs running down the aisles, wielding tangle teasers, hair sticks and grathoes whilst yelling 'ITS MINE!! UNHAND THAT GOODNESS!! I NEED TO STOCK UP!!'

:patrol: Now gimme that conditioner, or else you will deal with the BBB. *spies a bottle of coconut oil* Never mind! :D

Haha! This made my evening! :)

Scarlet_Heart
April 18th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Haha, you're cute, I like you :)

Sometimes when I see someone endorse a product here and I find it sparse in the store, I can't help but wonder...

Joribear
April 18th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Ha! That was great! Thanks for the laugh! :)

AnqeIicDemise
April 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Haha, you're cute, I like you :)

Sometimes when I see someone endorse a product here and I find it sparse in the store, I can't help but wonder...

I know!

Great, now I have a Capital One Horde image stuck in my head, except its LHC ladies and gents clearing out the good stuffs.

I'm sure I could've gone to another store, but I was there and the DH was hungry.

summerjade
April 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the laugh. I can see that happening!!

Nae
April 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Pfft, I would completely be scared. Do you know many sharp hairtoys this bunch wields?? It is enough to make homeland security blanch.

Seriously, you made my night!!

Sundial
April 18th, 2011, 08:44 PM
:gabigrin: that was hilarious!

I just had to add, it wasn't me! :wannabe:

Runzel
April 18th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Too funny....thanks for the laugh!

You have a way with spinning words into a story...that's a gift. :agree:

AnqeIicDemise
April 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Too funny....thanks for the laugh!

You have a way with spinning words into a story...that's a gift. :agree:

Thank you...

And now if my muse would be kind enough to let me write some short stories, then I'd be on my way! ^-^

BritishBraider
April 19th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Brilliant post :)

krissykins
April 19th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Lol, you caught me. Good thing you arrived after I had left. My icy blue Barefoot Maiden sticks are rather sharp :wink:

Lildove
April 19th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Awesome post!

I think my local Walmart was under attack over the weekend because when I went to pick up some VO5 conditioner to try out a CO wash they were almost out of conditioner as well. I might have to start stocking up. :D

PeacenQuietGal
April 19th, 2011, 06:33 AM
:spitting: Bwahhhaaa ha ha!!! Loved it! Thank you for the delightful read!!

WaitingSoLong
April 19th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Ok somehow the fact that this conditioner does NOT have cones in it has elduded me all this time? SUAVE makes a cone free conditioner? Ok, so I looked it up, it is Suave Naturals....

I know "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and I love my Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner, but I think I may have to try this for DCTS!!!! Good thing I am off to the store tomorrow....

rags
April 19th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I loved this! It literally made me LOL. I think there must be an LHC contigent in my area too - my stores never have any Suave conditioner except the ones I can't use due to asthma! (the only ones I can use are the Apple usually and occasionally the coconut)

Sweetie
April 19th, 2011, 06:55 AM
hehe this made me smile!
thank you!

Phexlyn
April 19th, 2011, 07:01 AM

Thanks for making me laugh! :D
I could totally imagine that, and I'd probably run as fast as I could - a bounch of wild LHCrs armed with hairsticks IS dangerous.

SpinDance
April 19th, 2011, 07:13 AM
LOL It wasn't me! Well, it might have been, but I'm not in your area...

I recently found Lavender Lilac and Aloe & Water Lily, but haven't tried them yet. Need to finish up the Green Apple, Strawberry, etc. -dual-wields hairsticks in defense of conditioners-

Sheltie_Momma
April 19th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Well, there was a Suave conditioner coupon expiring recently, so - probably that's what happened.

selderon
April 19th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I loved this! It literally made me LOL. I think there must be an LHC contigent in my area too - my stores never have any Suave conditioner except the ones I can't use due to asthma! (the only ones I can use are the Apple usually and occasionally the coconut)

Find out when the Suave shipment arrives and lie in wait for the delivery driver with hair fork in hand. :p

Tressie
April 19th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Well, all I can say is, it's probably a good thing we are spread out all over creation, as we are...because if not......this might not be sooo funny?? :eyebrows::run: Just kidding! :D IF we all had to dive for the last bottle, shudder:I KNOW we'd be bringing in small containers to divy it up among all of the members!!! :whistle:LOL!!

Cute story! :applause:

CurlAhead
April 19th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Hahahah! I can almost picture it as in a desert, and those "desert balls" rolling around! :D:D

Intransigentia
April 19th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I used to have something similar happen clothes shopping. I'm positive that somewhere in my city is a woman who wears the exact same size I do, and has the exact same tastes, and manages to get to the store just a few minutes before I do, where she buys everything in my size that I like.

elbow chic
April 19th, 2011, 09:15 AM
haha! Funny!!!!

Maybe someone had a toiletries drive? My kids' school had a toiletries drive for Haiti awhile back and of course the Suave was pretty much sold out overnight.

Good old Suave!!

princessp
April 19th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Lol! Blame all of them though (points above), because I'm not a fan of suave. :p

curlytm
April 19th, 2011, 11:03 AM
My grocery store had a big sale recently on Suave and V05. I have good results with Suave and I had stocked up on it when Walgreen's had a sale sometime back. So I got to sniffing on the V05 stuff. Some of it was gross, but a few of them (can't remember which, now--a blackberry tea one maybe?) smelled delightful. I bought about 7 bottles, haha. The way I go through conditioner, I don't mind spending $10 on 11 bottles and keeping them "in the trenches."

So yes. If you live in Denver, I'm one of the LHC conditioner stalkers (stockers? Both?).

spidermom
April 19th, 2011, 11:19 AM
(chuckle) Your Suave is safe from me.

Maelyssa
April 19th, 2011, 11:32 AM
LOL!!! This is too funny and possibly true. LOL :D

sherigayle
April 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I had the same experience last week when I went to Dollar Tree to buy Tame conditioner. There had just been a thread here about it so I thought I'd give it a try. The hair care section was stocked full of everything, except the Tame conditioner. I just stood there with my mouth open for a second and said, "Well, son of a b***h!" and had a good laugh.

PiroskaCicu
April 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Hehehe, what a cute and funny story!!! :D

I actually went to the store recently to find Suave conditioners and there weren't any there either. :S Weird....... must have been the LHC-ers from Ontario :P haha.

Thanks for this wonderful post! :D Made me smile.

GlassWidow
April 19th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Great post! Now I'm going to be looking over my shoulder every time I go pick up some new condish. :)

I was just thinking the other day that I used to be SO MAD when I went to buy new shampoo and conditioner. There was always shampoo a-plenty, but almost never any matching conditioner. I used to fume in the aisle, muttering "who the H E double-hockey-sticks buys JUST CONDITIONER for Pete's sake!?!?!"

I'm one of those people now. :D

Alvrodul
April 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM
When I have been to the Coop Mega store at Tøyen, which is conveniently placed near a Metro station, I have made a point of looking for the store brand of the conditioner to try it out. Others have tried it and reported favorably on it, and it is cone-free, so I have wanted to try it out.
I have never seen a bottle of it in that store! Lots of the shampoo, though. :rolleyes:

MissManda
April 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM
LOL That is a cute post!

No wonder it's so rare for me to see Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner in large quantities at my local Dollar Tree!

ElvenArchess
April 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hahaha! That story made my day. I have the raspberry-scented conditioner, and although I have yet to see it work true magic on my hair, I will always think of the LHC when I see the Suave section in the hair care aisle.

Coan-Teen
April 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Haha. You only left out one detail. As the horde runs down the aisle, hairtoys in hand, everything slows down, and this music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3VsesSBsw) comes on.

jasper
April 19th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Am I the only one who experienced a wave of paranoia when reading this thread? ?no Suave conditioner at Target? What does it mean?!? Is the product being changed or going away? :scared:

I dunno- maybe I have left over paranoia from last week when my friend was looking for Tom's Natural Toothpaste at Target and only found empty space. He got worried first that it was discontinued, and next fretting that they were out because the packaging was being changed to plastic instead of aluminum.

AnqeIicDemise
April 19th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Haha. You only left out one detail. As the horde runs down the aisle, hairtoys in hand, everything slows down, and this music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3VsesSBsw) comes on.

Oh. My. Gods! -snort,cackle-:spitting:

Now I want to elaborate on the fantasy. LOL

Tressie
April 19th, 2011, 08:33 PM

Very good!! :D Especially so, if you look up the translation of the second part: (I bemoan the wounds of Fortune)

I bemoan the wounds of Fortune
with weeping eyes, for the gifts
she made me, she perversely
takes away. It is written in truth,
that she has a fine head of hair, but,
when it comes to seizing an opportunity
she is bald.

WoW! SEIZE THE SUAVE!!:D

WaitingSoLong
April 20th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Super funny stuff. Love the music and the blonde woman's hair in the video! WOW!!!

WaitingSoLong
April 20th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Ok, True story.

I went to Wal-Mart today to purchase this coveted Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner.

THEY WERE ALL OUT. Even on the kiosk display.

Seriously. They were out of one other kind, too. I ended up with the cherry blossom. :) It smells so good!

I think Suave has had backordering issues? I mean, the whole country is out? lol Now, if you have stash, you could probably sell it for $5 a bottle!

Lynda
April 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I dunno- maybe I have left over paranoia from last week when my friend was looking for Tom's Natural Toothpaste at Target and only found empty space. He got worried first that it was discontinued, and next fretting that they were out because the packaging was being changed to plastic instead of aluminum.

The 'Toms' is at Big Lots. Srsly. Lots of it. Cheap. :cheese:

MrsGuther
April 20th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Hahaha :) Thank you for the good laugh! That's so funny! I probably would have done a double take too!! Where's the hidden camera? haha

Anje
April 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Very good!! :D Especially so, if you look up the translation of the second part: (I bemoan the wounds of Fortune)

I bemoan the wounds of Fortune
with weeping eyes, for the gifts
she made me, she perversely
takes away. It is written in truth,
that she has a fine head of hair, but,
when it comes to seizing an opportunity
she is bald.

WoW! SEIZE THE SUAVE!!:D
That's actually the next movement. Which I wouldn't know except that I just was in a Carmina Burana performance about 1.5 weeks ago. :D Since it's sung by men, I kinda figure the main wound they've gotten from fortune is baldness.

Carpe Suave!

GRU
April 20th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Sorry to destroy all the wonderful stories, but I was told that Suave is changing their packaging, or something, so that's why everything is out -- they're using up all the remaining product line so they start fresh with the new bottles.

I just hope that they don't change the formula.... do NOT mess with my Tropical Coconut Conditioner, or I. WILL. CUT. YOU. :angry:

rogue_psyche
April 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I almost had that happen to me when I went to pick up some Triple Nutrition. There have been a lot of mentions of it on this board and I went to buy some, and at first it looked like Vons was out. Fortunately the first five or so in the column were bought so there was one for me.

The best part was that the matching shampoo was untouched. I just imagined some LCHers reading the label and thinking "You're going back on the shelf, you coney fiend."

Edited to add: Oh yeah, there's a tv monitor that hangs really low on the shampoo isle of my Vons that's all "DO NOT STEAL SHAMPOO WE ARE WATCHING YOU," in my mind. I always wonder if there's anyone out there watching me sniff conditioners and laughing.

Tressie
April 21st, 2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks Anje! :flower:

It seems Fortune has wounded the smiley with the flower too! Yikes, he's bald! :silly: