PDA

View Full Version : I think I might go for terminal

Shadow Walker
June 15th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I've been giving a lot of though to how long I want to grow my hair lately, and my original goal was to grow to somewhere in the 40" range. But the more and more I think about it, the more I want to just let it grow to terminal length.

The longer my hair gets the more and more I like it and how it looks on me, and I figure I've seen what I look like with as little hair as possible, so why not see what I look like with my hair as long as it will go? Besides, what's more metal than super long hair? :D :rockerdud

I've always wanted really long hair ever since I can remember, and even though my hair is mid-back length it still feels like it's way too short. This is the first time I've ever grown my hair longer than my chin, and in hindsight now I'm kicking myself for not growing it sooner and cutting it in high school when it started getting long the first time around. I'm curious to see what it's like to have hair past my waist, hips, and maybe even knees, so I may as well give it a shot in case I start balding when I get older. :p

So yeah, I think I'm going to do it, or at least give it my best try. I'm going for terminal length!

coppercurls
June 15th, 2008, 07:15 PM
That's great! I am just letting mine grow. Who knows where I will end up? If I reached terminal length tomorrow that would be ok, but I hope my hair continues to grow. Happy growing to you!

Naluin
June 15th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I was just looking at your signature pic and thinking that your hair suddenly seemed at lot longer than I remembered. It looks fabulous, by the way, and really suits you.

After going to a concert with my BF, I must agree that super long hair can be so metal. Good luck on your growing! :)

SweetPea88
June 15th, 2008, 07:22 PM
That's great! I'm sure it'll look better and better as keeps on growing!

EdG
June 15th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Go for it! :cheese:

You'll likely have quite a few years of growth ahead of you. The best thing to do is not to think about what one's hair length should be... eventually, your hair will have the answer. :)
Ed

Shadow Walker
June 15th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks coppercurls. :)

I agree Naluin, I think long hair suits me too. And yeah, it's been growing at least a half inch per month, so it probably is longer than you remember. I'm hoping to be at waist within the year.

I hope so SweetPea88, I hope so!

Wise words EdG, good way to look at it.

yogachic
June 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I think long hair suits you very well. The longer the better!

Indigo Girl
June 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
That's wonderful! It will be interesting to see how long it actually gets. As SweetPea said, it looks great now, and I agree it will just get better with time!

Congrats on your new goal! :)

flapjack
June 15th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Go for it, that is awesome.

And yes, it is extremely metal, hahaha. I was just at an iron maiden concert and everyone, male and female, had at least bsl. Everyone here on the board probably would have died, we're talking thousands of people here. I felt like I was at the long hair emporium. And obviously, I fit in myself, hahaha. Good times.

yuccalyptus
June 15th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Go for it! I am curious myself about just how long I can get my hair. You are already far and your hair looks really nice and healthy. Just gorgeous.

psvzum
June 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Good for you! Your hair in your signature picture is just beautiful. I don't blame you for wanting to keeping growing it :)

RavennaNight
June 15th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Yay! That's awesome! Your hair is really healthy looking so it will probably get that long. (knee) is it true or a myth: Mens hair grows faster than women's?

Shadow Walker
June 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Wow, thanks for all the replies everyone!

I agree yogachic, longer is most definately better!

Aww thanks Indigo Girl. By the way, I love your avatar, your hair looks amazing!

flapjack, I know quite a few metal dudes who have hip length and longer, though I can tell they don't take real good care of it. But nonetheless it's still an inspiration.

Thanks so much yuccalyptus and psvzum! :flowers:

Thanks RavennaNight! :D As for wether mens hair grows faster, I have no idea.

Indigo Girl
June 15th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Thank you! :flowers:

julya
June 15th, 2008, 09:14 PM
My length goal has changed too, I think I'm trying for terminal too. Originally I was shooting for fingertip length or there about. It will be fun to see how long it will get, and if I can take care of it too.

DecafJane
June 15th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Great! I have just decided the same thing in the last week. :)

Cinnamon Hair
June 15th, 2008, 11:18 PM
So yeah, I think I'm going to do it, or at least give it my best try. I'm going for terminal length!

Cheers :bottomsup: May it be a very distant goal! (meaning ultra long terminal length hair, not slow growth)

Gilly
June 16th, 2008, 02:21 AM

Great news Shadow!

I will be watching for regular updates, you hair always looks so strong and healthy, and I fully agree, metal = super long hair :cheese:

Arashi
June 16th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Yay for long metal hair. Judging from your siggy picture, I bet your hair will look amazing no matter what length it ends up as. :)

~Rina

DavidN
June 16th, 2008, 03:00 AM
That is graet news, ShadowWalker, that you are planning to grow to terminal. I know that with your thick and even ends, your terminal length should be very long! I would like to grow my hair as long as possible as well, but at nearly 55 years of age, I don't know how long I can grow it.

bte
June 16th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Go for it! I wish I had gone for terminal when I was a bit younger. Happy growing.

Siava
June 16th, 2008, 05:11 AM
You have great hair that I'm sure already makes some ladies jealous. Terminal would be so cool and ... maybe this isn't a guy term for hair, but it's so pretty. Tee hee! Happy growing. :)

Medvssa
June 16th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Cool! :rockerdud

FrannyG
June 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I'm looking forward to many more years of watching your progress. :)

lora410
June 16th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Hey, haven't seen you around in awhile. Glad to hear your going terminal. I think once I hit my main goal I will see how hard it is to handle before I go longer :lol:

ladystar
June 16th, 2008, 09:33 AM
That’s great!!! Here to cheer you on!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Mi-chan
June 16th, 2008, 11:18 AM
gods, if you really do go or terminal... do you have a girlfriend??? :P :P

Nah, just joking, but... that would be soooooooooooooo hot...

Like Alexander Krull, he's a german guy from a Metal Band and he has anle length hair... it's so hot ^-^v

So, GO FOR IT, i'd say!

Islandgrrl
June 16th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Go for it!!! Your hair is pretty awesome now....I can only imagine how awesome it would be super-long. I think your long hair really suits you well. Is it wrong to say it looks pretty hot even if I am old enough to be your mama? :)

<She>
June 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
You certainly should go for terminal, Shadow! It already is long, but I think everyone (at least here at LHC) should go for terminal once in a lifetime! :)

jojo
June 16th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Way to grow shadow, i agree with your thick hair you will get to very long lengths!

Poolsoflaughter
June 16th, 2008, 02:05 PM
That's an awesome goal! I go to college with a guy who has classic length hair, and he's in a metal band. It's a great look!;)

Shadow Walker
June 16th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Wow, so many replies!

Good for you DecafJane, keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks Cinnamon Hair, hopefully it won't take too long. :D

I may post less updates once I hit waist Gilly, because I'm hoping that if I pay less attention to my hair and make fewer updates, I'll be more surprised at the progress I gain.

I hope so Arashi, I hope so!

Thanks DavidN, and keep at it yourself. We're all rooting for you!

Thank you bte!

Siava, not exactly a guy term, but still appreciated nonetheless! :D

Likewise FrannyG, I've always enjoyed your pictures.

Heya lora410, good seeing you! I'm only a couple inches shy of where your goal is, and in all honesty it's not as much work as I thought it would be. Since I hit shoulder length it's only gotten easier to take care of, but I'm sure at some point that's going to change. :p

Hehe, thanks for making me smile Mi-chan. I can't wait to see you with terminal length hair, I think I would... :thud: ;)

No it's not wrong to say Islandgrrl, it's very much appreciated! Thank you. :)

Indeed I shall <She>, and I agree 100&#37;, everyone should go terminal at some point. You only get to live once, right? :P

Thanks jojo, your hair is noticeably getting longer, and it looks to be in great condition.

Good to hear Poolsoflaughter, you should see some of the metalheads in Wisconsin. Quite a few dudes around here with classic and longer than classic length.

honeybunch
June 16th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I was just looking at your signature pic and thinking that your hair suddenly seemed at lot longer than I remembered. It looks fabulous, by the way, and really suits you.

OmG I was thinking the same thing! I figured OP's hair must be growing like a weed!

Btw, that's a very pretty color.

Happy growing!

Riot Crrl
June 16th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Just be careful of the circular headbang! ;)

Shadow Walker
June 16th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks honeybunch! It doesn't feel like it's grown much at all though....

Just be careful of the circular headbang! ;)

That's my favorite! I guess I should enjoy it now before it's too long to windmill. ;)