PDA

View Full Version : widow's peak

racrane
April 18th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I have a question that I can't find the answer to anywhere and is kind of bizarre. I thought you lovely ladies might be able to help me! So, I have a widow's peak, I don't color my hair or anything. But the peak itself - no other spot on my head, just the peak - itches like crazy! I've made sure I wash it, but it still drives me nuts. I haven't changed my makeup routine, diet, etc. It's been itching for about a month now. Seriously, I don't want to damage the hair but it's driving me nuts. I know this is a bizarre question but I sincerely want to know if there's something I could do for this. Thanks, everyone!

FluffSpider
April 18th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Oiling has helped some members with itchy scalp. Also, you could have an allergic reaction-try changing some of the product which comes in contact with the area.

Kherome
April 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Rub some hydrocortizone cream into the itch? It may look a bit greasy but it could help the itch.

RitaCeleste
April 18th, 2011, 10:34 AM
You could take benadryl at bedtime for it. I had itchy feet, turned out to be too many over the counter painkillers but the doc said to take the benadryl until it got use to not being inflamed.

Firefox7275
April 18th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Is the skin dry, broken, irritated, scaly? It's worth knowing that scratching begets itching so you need to break the cycle. Something cool is perfect for this as it triggers different nerve pathways to the scratching - this is a trick many with pruritic (itchy) skin disorders use. If the skin is damaged at all it may react badly to products you are not otherwise allergic to; shampoo and face wash set off my eczema even tho my face and scalp are fine! I use shea butter as a barrier to protect the area whilst it fully heals, and this has been very effective. I imagine any plain oil would work just as well.

sibylla
April 18th, 2011, 04:22 PM
It can be caused by many things.Are you maybe wearing a cap or hat.The seems in the front can irritate your scalp.A bit of Petroleum yelly and water on the itchy spot can help.Your own saliva helps (animals lick their furr..).I hope this help:)

racrane
April 18th, 2011, 04:41 PM
It doesn't look weird at all, it just itches. I realized that it may be further aggravated by the heavy pancake foundation I had to wear this weekend for a show. And washing my face several times to get all the makeup off probably didn't help. I dabbed on a bit of lotion and that helps a bit. I'll probably get shea butter, though, that seems a good option for me. Thanks everyone who responded! If anyone has more advice please let me know!

Schmoomunitions
April 18th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I wonder if your face cleaner or soap is in there and dried and made it itchy, since you washed your face so much this weekend.

Mesmerise
April 18th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I find ACV (or just whatever acid) rinse helps with any itchies for me!

jojo
April 18th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I have a widows peak too and also a birthmark on my forehead which itches, now you got me thinking is it my birthmark or widows peak. E45 does an anti itch cream though which works great!

I love my widows peak btw!

WaitingSoLong
April 18th, 2011, 07:20 PM
You could take benadryl at bedtime for it. I had itchy feet, turned out to be too many over the counter painkillers but the doc said to take the benadryl until it got use to not being inflamed.

HIJACK

What kind of itchy feet? Like athlete's foot or deep inside itchy (not on the skin)?

racrane
April 18th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I love my widow's peak, too. Some people hate theirs, but I like mine. I just wish it wasn't so itchy. I'll try some of your suggestions and see if they help!

TakeAPotatoChip
April 19th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Maybe things you use on your face (makeup, cleanser, makeup remover, toner, etc....) could be causing it?
I have oily strands around my hairline only, except for my widow's peak; I always have to condition my actual widow's peak along with my hair's ends, my hair just seems to be different there for some reason.
As for a suggestion- I like to mix enough conefree-conditioner with brown sugar (that was either from LHC or YT, I can't remember) so that I can just start to feel the grains of the sugar and use that as a scalp scrub & it does always wash out very easily and no sugar-residue either. You could try that just on your widow's peak :) Something light and runny works best for the scrub, like VO5.

EDIT: the scrub will hopefully moisturize lightly and also gently scrub away the flaky skin...

Sundial
April 19th, 2011, 09:32 AM
It is possible that you are not cleaning well enough and that some makeup is caught along the hairline. Try swiping the area with oil to remove residual makeup and see if that helps? Since oil is relatively hair-friendly, you shouldn't have to worry about damaging your hair

jessie58
April 20th, 2011, 01:11 AM
I agree with Sundial above. Sounds more like there is some residue in the widow's peak that is aggravating you. Perhaps when rinsing out shampoo or conditioner, you are not quite getting the front bit rinsed out as well.

I have a major widow's peak and I seem to remember having this very same issue in the past.