PDA

View Full Version : Figured out my real hairtype

rena
April 18th, 2011, 03:13 AM
It turns out that I'm actually a 2c/3a fm ii. It might change as it gets longer, but its definitely 2c/3a at the length its at now. I guess I'll have to say goodbye to all my 2b/2c hairtwins :(.

tigr
April 18th, 2011, 05:10 PM
That's wonderful!

Lianna
April 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
That's great that you know. We should always do the hairtype as our hair grows longer, specially us with shorter hair. I was a 2c for quite some time, but now I'm 2c/3a too! :p

spidermom
April 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
The woman who invented the hair type system that we use here would say that your hair type doesn't change as your hair grows (I actually had this discussion with her), it just looks different.

Firefox7275
April 19th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Just convert all your 2b/c hairtwins to being 2c/3a! :p Seems to me there are a lot of LHCers underestimating our curl.

Anje
April 19th, 2011, 05:02 PM
The woman who invented the hair type system that we use here would say that your hair type doesn't change as your hair grows (I actually had this discussion with her), it just looks different.
Well, unless it actually changes. Which does seem to happen occasionally. Seems to be after major hormonal things like pregnancy/childbirth, chemotherapy, stuff like that.

It can be a lot easier to figure out a wave or curl pattern after you've gained more length, though.

Roseate
April 19th, 2011, 05:19 PM
It can be a lot easier to figure out a wave or curl pattern after you've gained more length, though.

Definitely true. Looks like the OP is still pretty short; my hairtype wasn't easy to see at her length either. High 2's/low 3's often need a little more length to get those lazy spirals going.

jojo
April 19th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Definitely true. Looks like the OP is still pretty short; my hairtype wasn't easy to see at her length either. High 2's/low 3's often need a little more length to get those lazy spirals going.

yeah mine too, my hair is a lot more curly when short, id say apl is a good length to see your true type.