PDA

View Full Version : GORGEOUS - NYCB ballerina dancing with waist length hair down

ElusiveMuse
April 17th, 2011, 05:59 PM
http://www.nowness.com/day/2011/4/16/1377

My favorite NYCB ballerina, Janie Taylor, has exquisite waist length hair. Here is a video of her modeling for the design house Chloe, but instead of stomping a runway, she's dancing a pas de deux wearing their long flowy dresses and with her long flowy hair down. It's beautiful.

The NYCB has a lot of hair-down ballets, so many of their dancers have lovely long hair.

PiroskaCicu
April 17th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Wow.... what a stunning and beautiful video. Her hair is truly gorgeous. thank you for sharing! I love ballet.

julliams
April 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I just love Phillip Glass his music is divine. This video is beautiful - of course I'm supposed to be looking at the clothes - but I'm not. That's about the length of hair I would like. I think it's a couple of inches past waist with a thicker hem (doesn't look layered) so it really does look like it's all there at that length. Beautiful - thanks for posting.

Do we think this is a gentle U shape hem? It's really soft and pretty.

Knotted
April 17th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Beautiful!

spigette
April 17th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Absolutely beautiful! But I bet dancing with a partner with your hair down gets your hair pulled a lot, lol.

CurlAhead
April 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM
That was just stunning!

spidermom
April 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Longer than waist length; almost hip. And the hair with the dance was so beautiful!

ibleedlipstick
April 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM
So amazingly gorgeous, both the dance and the hair! I am envious of her skill and her hair.

jil
April 17th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Wow! What a wonderful video. Her hair is so beautiful.
Was that a fishtail braid towards the end?
Thanks for sharing this link ElusiveMuse.

Capybara
April 17th, 2011, 06:31 PM
This is gorgeous! She's super talented.

Becky Safari
April 17th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Definitely hip length, and now goal length...

MsBubbles
April 17th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hip length. Yes. Nice curls and great thick ends. I guess the dancing and clothes were nice too! :) Lovely video. Natural hair, not fake.

NotInPortland
April 17th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Wow that was beautiful, and her hair was absolutely gorgeous, I hope I can get my hair that long! Thanks for sharing :)

MeganE
April 17th, 2011, 06:55 PM
It's too short!! Need more!!! (The video length, not the hair. Hair was amazing, and hip length, I agree.)

irishlady
April 17th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Beautiful! And my goal length :D I love her clothes and dancing too.

Carolyn
April 17th, 2011, 06:59 PM
That was exquisite. The way her hair moved was a sight to behold. The clothes were lovely too.

Remyy
April 17th, 2011, 07:20 PM
SO beautiful. Thats my goal length!

HintOfMint
April 17th, 2011, 08:12 PM
What a beautiful video, absolutely captivating.

NouvelleNymphe2
April 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
That was beautiful (dancing, clothes, music), thank you for sharing:flower:.

LittleOrca
April 17th, 2011, 08:25 PM
It is pretty hair, but it's a little funny to me how that just isn't long anymore. :)

Jenn of Pence
April 17th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Le sigh....so lovely. Now, what kind of curlers do I need to make my ends look like that??

rogue_psyche
April 17th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Amazing! It was as if her hair were part of the choreography. Though there were times I was sure her partner was going to get caught in her hair or pull it.

Thanks for sharing!

kielrain
April 17th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Truely beautiful hair. I just love the length and the curl she had. Such amazing movement.

silkheart
April 17th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I want that length. It makes me sigh.

Slinks
April 17th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Absolutely beautiful! But I bet dancing with a partner with your hair down gets your hair pulled a lot, lol.
lol I was thinking this A LOT !! ouch !! :-) it was lovely tho ..

Greenhousegirl
April 17th, 2011, 08:58 PM
oh, man! please tell me there are more videos! *drool!!!!!!!!*

battles
April 17th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I can't stop watching...

soni92
April 17th, 2011, 09:19 PM
BEAUTIFUL!! loved it!:)

growingpains
April 17th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Gorgeous, I guess that's what hair looks like when you have to put it in a bun literally very day for your career (and have great genes).

I agree her hair is longer than waist. It's a bit bouncy/curly at the ends and pulled straight it would be BCL I believe. (Or close to it).

vanillabones
April 17th, 2011, 10:55 PM
*speechless* so gorgeous, it gave me goosebumps ^_^ Love the music, the gentle hair, pale skin, and the dresses were gorgeous (yes I did notice them when trying to see the collection not just dreaming of her hair!)

IcarusBride
April 17th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Oh wow, what a lovely video! I just watched it like 4 times in a row. I want my hair to look so beautiful and mysterious like that!

Fufu
April 18th, 2011, 12:29 AM
I really like how her beautiful hair flows with her dance moves.. incredibly stunning.

Raiscake
April 18th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Love the music, the dresses, and the dance! I enjoy watching ballet, and this clip is way too short. And of course, the hair is just so beautiful, especially in that braid. Dream hair!

Othala
April 18th, 2011, 02:40 AM
A joy to behold. Thank you for posting.

PolythenePam
April 18th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Was anybody else checking out the male dancers body?? :eyebrows:

vanity_acefake
April 18th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Oh that was so beautiful.

telegraph64
April 18th, 2011, 12:23 PM
What a lovely video, I thank you much for sharing this wonder !! I love ballet and it holds a very special place in my heart, I used to dance in my younger days.
Thank you again for sharing. :blossom:

SimplyViki
April 18th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Oooh, pretty! I want my ends to do that!

Scarlet_Heart
April 18th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Longer than waist length; almost hip. And the hair with the dance was so beautiful!

My sentiments exactly! More like hip and the video was just gorgeous.

lapushka
April 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Wow. Such a fluid motion, and seemingly effortless.

Toffee20
April 18th, 2011, 02:23 PM
So beautiful =)
I'd love to be able to be that graceful!!

saera
April 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Her hair is amazing along with that dress!

naereid
April 18th, 2011, 03:15 PM
What a breathtaking video. Wow.

RitaPG
April 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
*snip*
of course I'm supposed to be looking at the clothes - but I'm not
*snip*.

haha. the only thing I notice is the hair :D

foggybrooke
April 18th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Thank you so much for posting. That IS my dream hair! I didn't realize it existed on a real live person. Whenever I get frustrated with my hair, I close my eyes and picture it at waist length, and it looks just like that!

selenechiba
April 18th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Was that a fishtail braid towards the end?

I was wondering that also. So stunning!

chenille
April 18th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Oh wow, that is indeed gorgeous! (And yes, as someone pointed out, the guy isn't half bad either, heehee.) Thanks for posting.

trolleypup
April 18th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Depends on the dance. SFBallet (when I was a regular patron/fan) had a number of dancers with hair past waist, and even with the predominantly classical repertoire, you did see hair down fairly frequently. Outside the strictly classical rep, there were dances that required long hair...so either it would be natural hair down or wigs...or slight variations in the choreography to accommodate hair length!

When the hair was down in partnering, either the choreography included it or the dancers adjusted...just as long hairs do in regular life. But yes, from time to time there would be hair pulling and catching...either from over exuberance or intention (the Harlots Fight Scene in Romeo and Juliet, and Pavane Rouge come to mind[1]).

There were a few male dancers, mostly older character dancers with longer hair, that would be on stage with their hair down.

[1] Interestingly both these scenes sometimes featured a ballerina with hip length red curls.

Nae
April 18th, 2011, 08:20 PM
It is pretty hair, but it's a little funny to me how that just isn't long anymore. :)

Lol LittleOrca, I was thinking the same thing. Oh, don't get me wrong, her hair is gorgeous. I was watching it and thinking about how 2 years ago I would have thought that her hair was insanely long and now I am like. "Oh yeah, she is getting there!" Ya'll have rotted my brain I swear.:rolleyes::D

ElusiveMuse
April 18th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Depends on the dance. SFBallet (when I was a regular patron/fan) had a number of dancers with hair past waist, and even with the predominantly classical repertoire, you did see hair down fairly frequently. Outside the strictly classical rep, there were dances that required long hair...so either it would be natural hair down or wigs...or slight variations in the choreography to accommodate hair length!

When the hair was down in partnering, either the choreography included it or the dancers adjusted...just as long hairs do in regular life. But yes, from time to time there would be hair pulling and catching...either from over exuberance or intention (the Harlots Fight Scene in Romeo and Juliet, and Pavane Rouge come to mind[1]).

There were a few male dancers, mostly older character dancers with longer hair, that would be on stage with their hair down.

[1] Interestingly both these scenes sometimes featured a ballerina with hip length red curls.

SF Ballet has a large Neoclassical repertoire - Balanchine ballets. He often did hair-down ballets.

lpsqt60
April 18th, 2011, 09:08 PM
That was so pretty, thank you for sharing!

racrane
April 18th, 2011, 11:48 PM
This was gorgeous. My hair used to look like hers when I was a teen. I want that back because of how pretty it is! I liked the clothes, but the hair was what I really noticed.

leslissocool
April 19th, 2011, 12:18 AM
SF Ballet has a large Neoclassical repertoire - Balanchine ballets. He often did hair-down ballets.

I was just thinking Balanchine the moment I saw her gorgeously free hair! Plus a lot of modern dance has hair down, Zakharova's Revelation comes to mind.

So pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

Yozhik
April 19th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Beautiful!

I've just recently decided to aim for hip now that I'm at waist, and this has definitely nudged me further along in my desire for longer and longer lengths. :)

freckles
April 19th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Her hair was gorgeous ... but honestly, I can grow more hair -- I'm much more jealous of the athleticism and grace that I can never achieve! :lol:

Braidy
April 19th, 2011, 04:54 AM
As a ballet dancer (though not nearly as good as her) and long hair lover I can only adore videos like this one. Thanks a lot! :)

Amazing! It was as if her hair were part of the choreography. Though there were times I was sure her partner was going to get caught in her hair or pull it.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm pretty sure it was part of the choreography, dancers get special training on how to move their head to make sure their hair goes in the right direction while dancing with their hair down. Nothing as bad as a dancer with hair all over her face :D

Norman
April 19th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I suggest you take a look at Margie Gillis, a renowned Canadian choreographer who has been in the public eye for the last thirty years. She first came to my attention in the 1980's. Her dances are mesmeric and she fully utilises her hip length

hairhttp://www.youtube.com/user/MargieGillisDance#p/u/4/N32YYPLmb-k

Maelyssa
April 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Beautiful video & gorgeous hair...even liked the clothes too!

Chetanlaiho
April 20th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Wow that looks amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

I think I'd feel weird dancing with my hair down though, I'm so used to wearing it all bunned and pinned during class xD

Pumpkin
April 20th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Just beautiful...the hair, the clothes, the music, everything! Loved it all!

Zindell
April 20th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Wow! Beautiful ...

kabelaced
April 20th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I was mesmerized! Loved the flowy hair and clothes! Beautiful video - thanks for sharing! :D

Funwithsharps
April 20th, 2011, 11:19 AM
http://www.dancemagazine.com/issues/July-2009/Ballerina-Interrupted

She worked her way back from a rare disorder that required the removal of her spleen! I love Janie Taylor! She is awesome!

charalito
April 20th, 2011, 11:23 AM
oh wow! the hair! the movement! the grace! the flow!
just amazing

thank you so much for sharing.

pepperminttea
April 20th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Goodness, that was pretty; thank you so much. :) I confess, I barely noticed the clothes, I was just dazzled by the prettiness and the sheer femininity of it all.

I just love Phillip Glass his music is divine.

Woo, another Philip Glass fan! :D

Naphthylamine
April 20th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I agree her hair looks more like hip length. And I also agree that the video should have been longer. I am speechless..

Paranda Belle
April 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
That was lovely. Although I don't think I could dance with my hair down like that. I find a well placed bun helps with spotting.

michaelw
April 20th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Absolutely stunning - another ballet fan here :)

jaine
April 20th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Nice!! I took a screen shot so I can show my hair stylist ... that's really close to my goal length and style.

I didn't even notice until the 2nd time I watched it that her outfit changed.
:)

Patrice
April 21st, 2011, 01:36 AM
Beautiful hair on a beautiful woman.
And the guy is ok too. What a body... Very muscular. Me like a lot...

Celtic Morla
April 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
Ballet always fascinates me th e only issue I have is the video doesn't show their dance very well!!LOL My son danced Ballet for 7 year til his ankle gave out most of the serious girls all grew thier hair out it was just easier to get it up in th ebuns without wispies if it was at least BSL. I was very diappointed when we found out that his ankle was so bad, word of caution to never believe the teachers when thye say a kid can dance on an injury!

soopahgrover
April 21st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Nice! I used to work across the street from Lincoln Center, and would see ballerinas every day at the subway station. I wish I knew how to do the kinds of buns that they do. They're so flat and neat.

ElusiveMuse
April 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
I think they do a version of the hypno bun thing with several strands of hair instead of just one wrapping around. That's how I did it, anyway. Or they use donuts. And tons of pins.

I saw Janie Taylor dance this past February. She did, I think it was the Russian variation in Peter Martins' Swan Lake with her boyfriend/partner who has the face tattoos. She was mesmerizing. Absolutely brilliant, basically stole the show for me. So lithe and dances with total abandon and yet she is always in control of her body and it's just an amazing point she can balance her dancing on.

Celtic Morla
April 22nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Basically they just brush their hair back as if they are goign to make a pony tail then they tend to twirl it so it stays together then start wrapping. most use 2 or 3 really long pins then smaller ones as needed. they also use inivisble hair nets for stage. You get better at it over tiem. Most of the girls can do their bun in about 1-2 minutes total.It usually takes them more time to put on their pointe shoes!!!!

longcurlygirl<3
April 22nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
it was beautiful :) it bounced to as she danced haha

TheMgracie
April 22nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Basically they just brush their hair back as if they are goign to make a pony tail then they tend to twirl it so it stays together then start wrapping. most use 2 or 3 really long pins then smaller ones as needed. they also use inivisble hair nets for stage. You get better at it over tiem. Most of the girls can do their bun in about 1-2 minutes total.It usually takes them more time to put on their pointe shoes!!!!

This is how I used to do my buns for dance performances, but after I put on my hairnet the bobypins I placed afterward were key. Instead of inserting them straight into the center of the bun, I would use them to "pull" the edges of the bun outward and then flip the pin and push it into the center. This usally helped to flatten things out.

I don't really know if I explained that very well. . .

LaurelSpring
April 22nd, 2011, 01:28 PM
I love these sorts of posts. Thank you! Made my day.

Olivia23
April 22nd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Wow. He is beautiful also!:)

PamelaViktoria
April 22nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
nice and healthy

BrownEyedBeauty
July 22nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
That is my dream hair. It is so beautiful and captivating. I love the thickness and the length. It looks really healthy too.

march_sun
July 22nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
So beautiful!

MintChocChip
July 22nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Beautiful hair! I'm more amazed at her breathtaking talent than her gorgeous hair though (as lovely as it is!)

She is mesmerising. (As is her partner! ;))

TheMechaGinger
July 22nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
That was just gorgeous, thanks so much for posting!

Sisgoldenhair65
July 22nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
She and her hair are captivating! She looks like an angel.

Tristania
July 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
I really wanted to like it, but all I could think was "tangles!" every time she made a twirl. I cringed every time her hair got caught on his hands, too. Aesthetically however, the overall effect was very pleasing, especially with the music.

Amber_Maiden
July 22nd, 2012, 08:44 AM
GORGEOUS. wow.

vintage88
July 22nd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Stunning video! :)

firegypsy
July 22nd, 2012, 09:09 AM

It does. More than pulled, actually. Yanked out is more like it.

Kaelee
July 22nd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Breathtaking!!!!

The costume changes are distracting. :( I wish they hadn't done all the changes.

Beautiful video though. Thanks for sharing!

jacqueline101
July 22nd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Wow the hair is amazing and inspiring to all.

dwell_in_safety
July 22nd, 2012, 10:09 AM
I'm glad this thread was revived! Just wow at that video. Her hair is BEAUTIFUL.

Velvet Smoke
July 22nd, 2012, 10:35 AM
*drags eyes away from the beautiful man :crush: *
Her hair is so pretty, and I love the white dress she wore at the end. That would be my perfect wedding dress. :heart:

blondie9912
July 22nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Absolutely stunning in all aspects!

stew
July 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
:agape:

Oh my goodness. As a dancer and an LHC-er.. that dancing was absolutely gorgeous, and just the right amount of dramatic.. and the hair............

Ohhhh. :bowtome:

Kat
July 22nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Wow. Unfortunately, my browser only showed me the video in little jerky frames so I didn't get the flow of it, but I got the idea. I would think you'd have to practice getting your hair to flow gracefully as much as the rest of your body... "No, if I move like this, it hangs up on my shoulder... if I move like this, it gets in my face..."

I wonder, though, then-- for these hair-down pieces does that mean you get a part as much for the quality of your hair as for the quality of your dancing? I mean, if you're a great dancer but you have split ends, are you out in favor of someone who may not dance so well but is lucky enough to have nicer hair? That would kind of suck. *Come home from audition* "I didn't get the part." "Why not, didn't you dance well?" "No, I danced beautifully. Hair's too tangly."

Man, if that were me, after that first little head swoop:

1. My hair would be caught on my arm and I'd be yanking ungracefully to get it free
2. my head would come back up and my hair would be all tangled-together and stringy and manky-looking (I've always wished I had the sort of hair that would hang in a curtain like that and all move together but it gets stringy pretty quickly, even if I brush it well and just sit like a statue).

Then, at the first time he grabs her arm, my hair would be tangled in his fingers and he'd be trying to yank them free and I'd be screaming... (for some reason I HATE having my hair pulled. I just involuntarily shriek, can't help it-- and I'm not the shrieking type. Should've seen how it went the few times my ex tried to run his hands through my hair; after about the second or third time that ended with him twined up in a tangle six inches down and me screaming "LET GO LET GO LET GO LET GO DON'T YANK IT OMG!!!", he learned to give up...)

(I definitely saw a couple parts where he'd have hold of her and her hair would be under his hand. I couldn't do it; I'd have to do it a million times just to get past the "automatic yelling" impulse and act like it wasn't happening...)

I do not think I was made for grace. :)

I'd feel weird dancing with my hair down, but then my style of dance is Highland, which is about strength and precision, so having my hair floating around all pretty would be sort of strange. I should do a video of me practicing sometimes... always been sort of curious to see what it looks like when I do a turn, 'cause my braid probably flies out funny. :)

I once knew a girl with similar hair... maybe an inch or two shorter, but it curled at the ends like that. (She was a very pretty girl too; it was funny to see the attention she'd get from guys. But she was Greek, so her hair was dark-brown and it was so lovely.) I wanted to cry when she cut it back to about BSL-length or so. It had been so perfect before.

LOL, I know! I'm at the point where I don't feel like hair is approaching "long" until it's at least BSL (though I've always sort of thought that). People will be like "That person has long hair" and I'll be like "uh, it's shoulder-blade-length. That's still short?" Looking at this, I'm like, "Maybe I should cut my hair back to that length..." (You should see peoples' faces when I tell them I CUT my hair TO classic length last summer...) But I do remember when I couldn't wait to get there!

especially in that braid

I know, right? I still don't understand how some people pull off that loose/messy braid look. If I tried it, I'd get people giving me weird looks because I'd look like I'd braided my hair upside-down in the dark wearing mittens and had slept on it for four days. And some people manage to make it look deliberate and gorgeous.

Was anybody else checking out the male dancers body?? :eyebrows:

Oh, I'm sorry, was there something else I was supposed to notice at the beginning besides that? ;)

Though the hairy-armpit shot later on sort of ruined it for me. :)

I didn't even notice until the 2nd time I watched it that her outfit changed.
:)

I didn't notice until her hair was suddenly in a braid, and then I realized they were a bunch of different clips instead of all one dance.

Amygirl8
July 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Jealous of the skill and the hair.
Wow :O

ETA: I think the media is corrupting me. The first thing I thought when I saw the guy was: "Is that a cardboard cutout of Edward Cullen"?
I despise Twilight and yet it still hits me :rolleyes:

AutumnJasmine
July 22nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
So gorgeous and graceful! Thank you for sharing.

The woman who helped train Natalie Portman for Black Swan also has gorgeous hair. She has a website called Ballet Beautiful. http://www.balletbeautiful.com/

Macaroni
July 22nd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Gorgeous with a capital G ♥

heidi w.
July 22nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Neat video. But I did find myself thinking of how many times did they have to dance this dance for each outfit she wore, and for figuring out how he can avoid pulling her hair in the various holds he had.....

Lovely outcome. Neat advertising idea....
heidi w.

AcornMystic
July 22nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Like vanillabones, that gave me goosebumps. Just replaying it in my head gives me a bit of goosebumpiness, hehe. The way her hair followed in her graceful footsteps, a part of the elegant dance. *shivers in delight* I had to watch it a second time. Thank you for sharing that. I bookmarked it so I can show my hubby. :D^.^

minxe
July 22nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
So beautiful ♥

Silverbrumby
July 22nd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Okay, I watched that 1/2 a dozen times. Wow... I'd love to see a ballet which featured 'long' hair as part of the story. There is something about the way it moves with a dancer which is so special yet most ballets involve the scraping back of their beautiful tresses.

BrightEyes
July 22nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
How beautiful. The hair, the dance...everything. Her hair is stunning, I love how it flows and the curls on the ends. I'm off to watch it again...

x0h_bother
July 22nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Gorgeous. Two things I love- long hair and ballet. Oh and music is great too :D

UpNorth
July 23rd, 2012, 03:36 AM
Oh god that was beautiful!

Natalia
July 23rd, 2012, 05:06 AM
http://www.nowness.com/day/2011/4/16/1377

My favorite NYCB ballerina, Janie Taylor, has exquisite waist length hair. Here is a video of her modeling for the design house Chloe, but instead of stomping a runway, she's dancing a pas de deux wearing their long flowy dresses and with her long flowy hair down. It's beautiful.

The NYCB has a lot of hair-down ballets, so many of their dancers have lovely long hair.

ohhh now it makes more sense. i watched the vid before i read your post. granted i was only an amature by comparasin but my first though after how beautiful was dang its anoying to dance with your hair down and a long skirt like that! i hated all my long costumes back in the day though never had my hair down in class as it was a peave of my teacher. i cant imagine having both in my way durring a performance.

Bambi
July 23rd, 2012, 10:04 AM
So beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

longhairedleah
July 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
fantastic! thanks for sharing!

Ebrox
July 23rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
loved it!
the guy is handsome, he looks like a real life Greek statue

piffyanne
July 23rd, 2012, 08:51 PM
>snip< ETA: I think the media is corrupting me. The first thing I thought when I saw the guy was: "Is that a cardboard cutout of Edward Cullen"?
I despise Twilight and yet it still hits me :rolleyes:
Yes, I though the SAME THING, and that was before I saw your comment.

;)

californiagirl
July 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Oh my! That was so wonderfully beautiful!

Kyla
July 23rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
That is just so beautiful, the first costume changed threw me for a loop too...same with the braid, I thought she spun around so much her hair must have twisted up!

Tigermama
July 23rd, 2012, 10:23 PM
Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Tigermama
July 23rd, 2012, 10:26 PM
Just had to add that I saw the NYCB perform Romeo and Juliet last month and they were fantastic. I saw many ladies in the audience with super long hair, one was almost to knee and super thick. Since I live in the country, it was neeto to see that long hair is always at the height of fashion, especially in the big city.