PDA

View Full Version : Most horrifying hair moment of my life!

dreamsofthewind
April 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I recently was on vacation in Europe with my family for three weeks, and I brought a terrible travel brush, thinking that since I don't comb my hair every day, I would only have to use it a few times, and I would be careful when using it. I brought it to conserve space, considering my normal brush is quite large, and this one was tiny. I knew it was bad for my hair, but decided to use it anyways. Two weeks into the trip, I was combing my hair over a white counter/sink, and after I was finished I looked down into the sink and saw, to my absolute horror and disgust, a dusting of hair, each strand half an inch to three inches long, on every surface around me. :bigeyes:
I had used the brush about five times already.
No wonder I hadn't noticed much growth in that month, I HAD BEEN BREAKING IT ALL OFF.
After seeing the hair everywhere I promptly disposed of the brush and used my cousin's for the rest of the trip.

jesis
April 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Oh no! I hate it when you see a dusting! This is one of the reasons I no longer flat iron.

rogue_psyche
April 17th, 2011, 05:52 PM
There is no way I'll ever leave my brush at home. I am also the type to bring my S&C to foreign countries just to ensure my hair's health.

racrane
April 17th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I had that happen to me in January. I went to NYC and decided to bring a mini-brush instead of my large comb. Terrible for my hair. I gave it away and learned my lesson! Small is definitely not better in this case!

Fairlight63
April 17th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Oh, that is just awful! Good thing that you discovered it when you did!
What kind of brush was it? what kind of bristles? I hope that I don't have one of them!

Lianna
April 17th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Oh, that is just awful! Good thing that you discovered it when you did!
What kind of brush was it? what kind of bristles? I hope that I don't have one of them!

I'm very interested to know more details about the brush too! (so I don't buy)

spidermom
April 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Oh the horror!

christine1989
April 17th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I had no idea a brush could do that! What where the bristles made out of, razor blades?! I hope your hair has a speedy recovery and that brush goes in the garbage where it belongs.

NouvelleNymphe2
April 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Oh the horror!

THIS!! hehe

Avital88
April 18th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Was this only caused by the brush? Or did you already had some damage?

Othala
April 18th, 2011, 02:29 AM
What kind of brush would do that? Seriously, I would write to the manufactureres and seek damages. Brushes should not destroy hair.

Aveyronnaise
April 18th, 2011, 03:18 AM
If you were in France you could have gotten a boar bristle very cheap :) I got mine here for 8 euro.
And yeah , wow ! What a crazy brush ?

Loepsie
April 18th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Wow I had no idea that could happen. I'll join the rest in wondering what kind of brush it was... Never buying that for sure!

dollface
April 18th, 2011, 09:54 PM
terrifying... i'm sorry this happened to you.

Fingolphin
April 18th, 2011, 10:00 PM
What the heck??? Did it have a blade inside for thinning out hair or something?? :confused:

racrane
April 18th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I know for those wondering the cheap conair plastic mini travel size brush tore out small (but still horrifying) chunks of my hair. It was brutal. Don't go near that brush!

SpeakingEZ
April 18th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I had one of those as a teenager. I used to bring it into school with me so I could do my hair in the bathroom before classes started (I was a late riser). Oh, how I remember ripping through my hair a hundred times over just to do a couple braids. . . .

chicken
April 19th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Uh, I have a comb which does this - and it's a wooden comb which seems to be very smooth

Johanna
April 20th, 2011, 01:26 AM
I had the same terrifying reaction when a hairdresser told me she was thinning my hair. She didn't explain what it meant. She picked up a metal comb and I thought it looked cool...untill I saw it was cutting off giant chucks of my hair!

It's terrifying when something bad is happening to your hair and you can't stop it immediatly.

dreamsofthewind
April 25th, 2011, 08:51 PM
oh my, I completely forgot about this thread.
it was a little foldable travel brush that I got in a clinique gift set.
my ends are the remnants of blonde that I had almost four years ago, but all things considering, quite healthy and strong.

Mesmerise
April 25th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I had the same terrifying reaction when a hairdresser told me she was thinning my hair. She didn't explain what it meant. She picked up a metal comb and I thought it looked cool...untill I saw it was cutting off giant chucks of my hair!

It's terrifying when something bad is happening to your hair and you can't stop it immediatly.

Yikes! You'd think they'd ASK if you want them to thin your hair first!! Ahh self trims...how I love thee!

jojo
April 26th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Sounds like you already had some damage or where ripping it through your hair for this to happen. Even so, I am sorry this happened just baby that hair now.

Dorothy
April 26th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I'm having flashbacks.
Brushing my hair with a vent brush and ending up standing in a pile of shredded hair was my twice daily hair "care" routine prior to LHC. Sob. I didn't know there was another way...
Thank you LHC! (lovingly strokes hair)

salls
April 27th, 2011, 05:06 AM
I once had a hair dresser cut the front of my fringe above cheek level but below my eyes. It was neither fringe nor framing layer it just sat there, needless to say i was really upset and i'm still growing it out (was about a year ago). She did one side before I realized how short she'd done it and at that point it was pretty much too late unless i wanted wonky hair.