PDA

View Full Version : Can an i ever make it to classic length?

skyblue
April 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I've been searching this forum for long hairs with the same pony thickness as me which is on the higher end of i, I guess I'm just feeling a little nervous about ever reaching classic or longer, I turned 51 yesterday and I feel I'm running out of time to reaching my goal, my mothers hair has really thinned as she got older and I worry this will be my fate as well, I noticed that most really long hairs here have at least ii....is it possible for an i to reach those kind of lengths? My hair use to be fairly thick in my teens but has gotten progressively thinner as I got older, I am at just about TB now lol This me being neurotic I know....but is there an i with classic or longer hair here at LHC???

MistyF
April 17th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Well, I think you have done quite well. I can't seem to get past APL. My hair gets too thin on the ends and just tangles beyond belief. It also just looks stringy. I'm at APL right now, and am deciding whether to keep going or not. I'm 53, and have white and gray hair.

You sound like you have had great success!

Fairlight63
April 17th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I just looked at your album & I think that you have beautiful hair! It doesn't look thin to me at all. I also have thin hair, to me yours looks thicker than mine.

An inspiration to me is, I think that her hair is classic length & it looks so pretty to me!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DieSushiBitch#p/u

spidermom
April 17th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Yes. It doesn't matter so much how many hairs you have on your head. What matters is how long each hair grows before it sheds out.

I saw a woman in the grocery store years ago who had a very small high ponytail - her hair looked very thin - but it fairy taled away to nothing at about mid-calf.

Delila
April 17th, 2011, 06:32 PM
A few years back I saw a woman whose hair must be at i, in real life. Her hair was down, in a cage type french braid. Truly lovely.

If you want to grow your hair just to see what happens, go for it!!

That's pretty much what I'm doing.

McFearless
April 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Yes you can!! Your hair is beautiful and I don't think its thin.

fluffybunny
April 17th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I've definitely seen thinner & longer hair than yours here. Don't want to name posters without their permission (plus I can't recall anyway). Also, I'd echo others comments-- yours doesn't look thin to me at this point, even thought it may well be thinner than it was in your younger days.

skyblue
April 18th, 2011, 03:37 AM
thanks for the encouragement!
pictures can be deceiving lol!
the size of my braids are sooooo tiny!
but no way am I giving up, it was just a moment of
birthday insanity hahahaha!!

kouran
April 18th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I think you can make it to classic length, or even longer. I also have thinning problems, and the things that really help me to lessen my hair loss are biotin, eating healthy, being gentle with my hair (when washing my hair, no brushes) and above all time to relax.

Phexlyn
April 18th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Yes, you can make it to classic length! And judging by your picture, it will look beautiful :)

I'm barely an ii, and I've been to classic (cut back to thicken up the hemline), and I remember having the same doubts... so yes, it is possible. Be gentle with your hair, and be patient and eventually you will get there! :flower:

jackiesjottings
April 18th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I say go for it too :)) My hair is thin and the longest part is now at classic (maintaining at that length for a bit to even up the ends some). So yes, it can be done :)

RitaCeleste
April 18th, 2011, 09:51 AM
You guys give even me hope! Waist length was my goal but after reading this thread it gives me hope to maybe let it keep going. I've always got scissor happy before. I could live to be 80 easy, plenty of time! I thinking about updo's and remembered plenty of family members being 70 or 80 and braiding their hair for their buns. We kids use to try to catch them with it down so we could stare in awe at how long their hair was. I'm 37, and even if I wear it down, I am never gonna feel like I'm too old for long hair. Maybe if the nurses in the old folks home go on strike rather than wash it, then I'll cut it. :D

Anje
April 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM
It can be done. I'm not there yet (afraid my terminal may hit about there), but I know of members with i hair that's well past classic.

Given that you also have F/M hair, you may need to wear it in more protective ways than someone who was i and coarse-haired, but that's entirely do-able.

vindo
May 2nd, 2011, 12:59 AM
I just looked at your album & I think that you have beautiful hair! It doesn't look thin to me at all. I also have thin hair, to me yours looks thicker than mine.

An inspiration to me is, I think that her hair is classic length & it looks so pretty to me!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DieSushiBitch#p/u

Yup, my hair is about Classic Length to a tad longer in the videos.

And thanks! :)

OP: Your hair looks much thicker than i, and by judging how nicely it grew long already, it seems you can go much further!

skyblue
May 2nd, 2011, 04:25 AM
Emichiee your my hair hero! I love your videos
and they help me visualize my hair at your length
my hair is much thinner then yours on my crown, I
have scalp showing on the right side of my head
my length may be thicker but not by much lol I have wavy hair
so that makes it look thicker especially in pictures,
I wish you continued success with your hair, its beautiful!

Princess89
May 2nd, 2011, 04:36 AM
I think you have beautiful hair. Currently, my hair is at shoulder length. I'm pretty sure I have about 8 years before i get to where you are. Don't they say 50 is the new 30 anyway ;), you've got years to go :flower:

xoxophelia
May 2nd, 2011, 04:44 AM
Based off of your pictures I agree with the others that say you should make it no problem. If you start to notice more taper than you like, you may want to trim along the way like CinnamonHair but by the looks of it you do that already.

Quahatundightu
May 2nd, 2011, 06:53 AM
The only way to find out is to keep growing! I have been struggling for ages to make it to TB, so close now, and it makes me wonder if it's impossible to reach classic... but I may give it a try :)

spidermom
May 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
To keep ends from tapering away to nothing, you might want to do tiny trims on a regular basis. I'm talking 1/4 to 1/2 inch trimmed from the longest hairs every 3-4 months. I've tried growing both ways, and my ends look much better and stay in much better condition if I do small trims.

Annalouise
May 2nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
I have 'i' hair. My ponytail circumference is 2" at the nape of my neck and 1" at bsl.
Considering my thickness is half by bsl I figure that means it would be about .5" at waist. I highly doubt my hair would make it to classic with any thickness left.:(
If I get it to waist I'll be happy.

skyblue
May 2nd, 2011, 12:40 PM
I have 'i' hair. My ponytail circumference is 2" at the nape of my neck and 1" at bsl.
Considering my thickness is half by bsl I figure that means it would be about .5" at waist. I highly doubt my hair would make it to classic with any thickness left.:(
If I get it to waist I'll be happy.

Oh yes you will lol! If can you can!

skyblue
May 2nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
Ok I feel so much better!
I'm over it lol! I have gained a 1/2 in this month!!
Well not gained but I grew what I trimmed off at the beginning
of the month!!
you all are so wonderful! Thank you for making me
feel better!!

Annalouise
May 2nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Oh yes you will lol! If can you can!

:cheese: Go-Go Gadget hair!:D

vindo
May 10th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Emichiee your my hair hero! I love your videos
and they help me visualize my hair at your length
my hair is much thinner then yours on my crown, I
have scalp showing on the right side of my head
my length may be thicker but not by much lol I have wavy hair
so that makes it look thicker especially in pictures,
I wish you continued success with your hair, its beautiful!

Thank you!! :)

Yeah, my hair is weird atm, my crown has always been really densely covered in hair, but my ends taper a lot (although during hair loss times my scalp started showing a bit when my hair was pulled back, like holes here and there) Especially since the hair loss it is weird top thick bottom thin.
The straightness adds to people thinking my hair is thinner than it is.

Happy Growing! :flower: