PDA

View Full Version : Windy weather & split ends.

dreamer87
April 17th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Hey everyone,

I have moved to a extremely windy city which has caused a large amount of split ends. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

jojo
April 17th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Dont wear your hair down, keep it bunned and protect those ends. Also a little oil on the ends before bunning helps protect.

RachieBaby
April 17th, 2011, 03:42 PM
What JoJo said! :)

dreamer87
April 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the tip! Also what does the olive oil mean and does it matter what kind? I tried to use texturizing wax a couple times but it's a bit to sticky to seal the ends...

HintOfMint
April 17th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Wear it up or covered when you're outside would be your best bet.

jojo
April 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) is my oil of choice and yes the kind you use in the kitchen. a lot experiment with coconut oil and get great results.

racrane
April 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I know I didn't post this, but thanks for the oil tip - I didn't think of that. Where I live has been a bit windy lately so I keep putting my hair up in a bun. But I will try the oil. Thank you!

Jenn of Pence
April 17th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Ug, the wind here was gusting up to, like, 35 mph today. Not my favorite. :mad: I try to always braid it or, at the very least, tuck the ends into my coat whenever I have to go outside. Even with oiling the ends, I don't think you can prevent tangling at those speeds without completely battening down the hatches. :)

gthlvrmx
April 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Hide away the ends! I'd braid it then bun it up and then wear a scarf over my hair or a nice hat. Treat it with good moisturizing conditioner and oil the ends a bit. That's what i did in Chicago for spring break, my hair was really great considering the windy cold weather when i was there :)

CaityBear
April 17th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Just don't keep it loose. I refuse to let my hair down on a windy day because my hair would be tangled to the extreme.

gogirlanime
April 17th, 2011, 09:25 PM
When it's windy or sunny I always put a bit of jojoba oil on my tips, bun it up, and usually wear a hoodie or hat to cover it all up (especially in the sun that'll FRY you hair)