View Full Version : Hair product advise for a friend

Lassie
April 16th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Hi All,

Just after some hair product advice for a friend.

She has recently cut her hair short...its 1inch at the shortest bit, and probably 3-4 inches at the longest.
Her hair is very thick and wavy.
When her hair dries, it looks as though the whole thing has been finger waved.
What is the best sort of product she can use to straighten it?
She doesn't have the time to GHD or Blow Dry....i don't know much about waxes / gels and such.
Does anyone have a product that they can recommend that will help hold her hair straight?

Many Thanks!

Mesmerise
April 16th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Hi All,

Just after some hair product advice for a friend.

She has recently cut her hair short...its 1inch at the shortest bit, and probably 3-4 inches at the longest.
Her hair is very thick and wavy.
When her hair dries, it looks as though the whole thing has been finger waved.
What is the best sort of product she can use to straighten it?
She doesn't have the time to GHD or Blow Dry....i don't know much about waxes / gels and such.
Does anyone have a product that they can recommend that will help hold her hair straight?

Many Thanks!

When I had short hair I used to use this stuff called Gel Wax (or something) hmm it was a long time ago though, so not sure if they still make it! It wasn't as sticky as many hair waxes and it didn't make your hair dry and clumped like normal gels... it used to feel quite good in my short hair!

Actually I just googled it, and this was the stuff: http://www.discountpharmacy.com.au/ProductDetail.asp?MID=19730&SID=19857 But it seems to be out of stock so I'm not sure if it's even available at all anymore.

It's also on this page (at the bottom, not the henna one): http://richfordcinta.com.au/home/henna_wax_hi_shine

Not sure if that would work for your friend, but when I had really short hair I loved it!!

Firefox7275
April 16th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Does your friend want her hair to look natural or is she happy to have it look like it's gelled or waxed? What did the hairdresser advise when she got the cut? Presumably she said she wanted a no-heat-styling style?

Lassie
April 16th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks mesmerise! I have sent her those links :)
Firefox - she doesnt mind if it looks gelled or waxed...as long as it looks straight.

aenflex
April 16th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Sculpting wax or pomade, and a flat iron if thats an option. Swarzkopf (sp?) has a great wax that my BF used for years.