PDA

View Full Version : Does your hair NOT like aloe vera gel?

shikara
April 15th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I would like to hear from anyone whose hair does not take to aloe vera gel, and in what way.....

BranwenWolf
April 15th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Mine just gets knottier and feels dry. I've tried it wet, dry, on the ends, everything...didn't work. And I used one of the clear, non-gimmicky brands, too.

jojo
April 15th, 2011, 11:23 PM
My hair didnt like it the first time I used it, it made it stiff and my hair horrible, however I don't use it all the time but when I do I find it works best on damp hair and also if I wet my hands first and use just a blob sized blob :D a penny sized. I only lightly apply to my canopy.

I don't like it much in a SMT; I just use honey and conditioner for those.

varintalonguard
April 15th, 2011, 11:43 PM
it makes my hair feel dry. I use aloe vera liquid instead.

SurprisingWoman
April 15th, 2011, 11:49 PM
My hair gets stiff and dry and just horrible when I use aloe vera.

SMT's do NOT work for me AT ALL.

Using aloe as a gel type agent.... NO

I put mine in the skin irritation tub because it will never, never, never be used on my hair again.

Sundial
April 15th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Hi shikara! :flower: I had issues with aloe vera gel initially, it left my hair crunchy and my hair would clump together. It was also hair to comb through after application.

However I experimented and found that it works better for me when I mist my hair first or apply to damp hair that is almost dry. I use AVG for styling my bangs and would mist it before applying AVG.

If you have AVG that doesn't seem to work for you straight off, you can use it in other stuff like SMT or Kimberlily's Defrizz Spray etc.

Hope that helps!

jeanniet
April 16th, 2011, 12:03 AM
AVG alone makes my hair feel stiff and built-up, but I mix it with oil and water (3 parts AVG, 1 part oil, 1 part water) in a mister bottle and it works really well. I just have to use it lightly.

nellreno
April 16th, 2011, 12:12 AM
On it's own, it makes my hair really sticky and clump together, like a styling gel. I have a little bit in my mister bottle mix and I'm not really having problems with it that way.

jojo
April 16th, 2011, 12:19 AM
^^ yes it is nice mixed with water and also a tad of oil in a mister, forgot that one!

Jeni
April 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM
My hair HATES aloe, it makes my hair stiff and "grabby". Doesn't matter if I use it on damp, wet, dry hair or if its mixed in with things or on its own. My hair just hates it.

I do an SMT like thing with conditioner, honey and oil and leave the aloe to my face.

CrisDee
April 16th, 2011, 01:06 PM
My hair used to hate aloe gel - it kind of sat on top of it and got all gucky and chunky, and generally terribly unattractive. But since I've stopped using 'cones, it now works quite well as a styling gel. Plus I have some in my mister bottle, along with water, jojoba oil and geranium EO.

HintOfMint
April 16th, 2011, 03:28 PM
My hair feels really residue-y when I use aloe, whether it's left in or in an SMT. Not a fan, either way.

growingpains
April 16th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I tried it (the green stuff) and it was kind of "gunky" feeling. I read on here somewhere though that clear is better for hair than green.

littlenvy
April 16th, 2011, 07:22 PM
My hair likes only if I add it to something else like conditioner or egg treatment, but by itself .... no. Same thing what others said; makes my hair feel like after hairspray.