PDA

View Full Version : Does a humidifier help your hair?

Dragon
April 15th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Do you find using a humidifier helps your hair?

jaine
April 15th, 2011, 10:15 PM
It helps mine but only in the winter when the air is dry ... in the summer the air has more than enough humidity where I live.

littlenvy
April 15th, 2011, 10:18 PM
In winter when the heat is on all the time and its very dry, YES. It helps my hair, my skin and my breathing. :)

Without it my hair becomes dry and VERY static. :(

vanillabones
April 15th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I love my humidifier it always help me breathe better most importantly. Mine is on right now

Sundial
April 15th, 2011, 11:40 PM
A humidifier isn't necessary where I live now but when I was living in Minnesota for 4 years, it did amazing things for my skin and hair. I got one initially to ease my eczema/dry skin issues but my hair seemed to benefit from it too

Tiina
April 16th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Humidity (artificial or not) rather seems to make my hair dirty up fast. Then again, I sit next to a thingy that blows hot air year-round and do not have dry hair or skin. Maybe I've adapted to dryness thanks to my love for air-heaters. :shrug:

Dragon
April 17th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Thanks for your replies every one. After reading it helps with breathing, I’m defiantly going to get one before winter which is next month. It will be interesting to see if it helps my hair and skin also.