PDA

View Full Version : Check out Cher's Hair here.

Venefica
April 14th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Check out Cher's hair in this video. It is amazing. I wonder if it is her real hair or if they have added extensions to it. Anyway it looks gorgeous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSZwEwl_1Q&feature=related

Slinks
April 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I love Cher !!!!!

ange1ito
April 14th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hi my friend worked in a very posh chain of hotels...lol she was chambermaid for ms.cher. She got to see all the wigs and her real hair which apparently was not so wow.

CarpeDM
April 14th, 2011, 04:42 PM
OK yes the hair is totally amazing, but I could not take my eyes off of her earrings!

NouvelleNymphe2
April 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM
She has really beautiful eyes. My mom LOVES Cher. Her hair was AMAZING back in my mom's day!

Venefica
April 14th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I noticed those earrings to they are amazing but I do not think they fit her costume, she is going to stereotypical gypsy, now stereotypes might be offensive, but that is what she is going for and those huge grape earring are the only part of her costume which is out of place.

I was just enthralled by her hair, real or not that is amazing. It might be wigs, and when you look at several videos from the same time there where so much variation in her hair style that it probably is a wig, but still that looks beautiful.

sibiryachka
April 14th, 2011, 04:53 PM
We watched the Sonny & Cher show faithfully every week; Cher was one of my earliest ideals of female beauty/hair heroines. I actually remember seeing her do that performance on the show when it originally aired - yeah, I'm that elderly ;) I'm pretty sure the tailbone-length hair she rocked was really all hers, but this particular do...? I'm torn. It was long enough for that to be all hers, and it looks possible to me that they could have made it that big with a lot of curling and teasing and product. The way it moves also looks like hair that has been teased and sprayed within an inch of its life.
If I saw that on someone today, I'd assume it was extensions, but they weren't nearly as common back then. I can't rule out the possibility that she had some help there, but I think it's likely that it was really hers .
-

|Xei
April 14th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I think it might be a combination of hair extensions and a couple wigs sewn together for the volume, with her own hair as an anchor (at least the hairline area). I know of people who've had to customize their own wigs before because they wanted enormous hair for whatever they were doing. It's much easier to have a wig or two as a base, then attach extensions to the wigs, as opposed to trying to bulk up your own hair with only extensions. This method yields much better looking results as well.

Malibu Barbie
April 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Cher loves wigs and her real hair is about shoulder length last time I saw her. Wonderful down to earth women.

telegraph64
April 14th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Cher is, in my humble opinion, the most lovely, talented, and gorgeous woman to ever grace the land of fame. I adore her - although there is a very small handful of musicians in the pop world today, that have talent, they are under appreciated one way or the next. Long live Cher and her versatile style.

Caldonia Sun
April 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I was mesmerized by her looks and singing back in the days of Sonny & Cher. Her real hair was gorgeous. Long, sleek and shiny.

Annie Fulton
April 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I adore Cher. Has anyone ever seen Moonstruck? Cher looks FABULOUS in that movie! I think she is a great symbol of beauty mixed with female empowerment and inviduality.

CarpeDM
April 15th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I noticed those earrings to they are amazing but I do not think they fit her costume, she is going to stereotypical gypsy, now stereotypes might be offensive, but that is what she is going for and those huge grape earring are the only part of her costume which is out of place.

I was just enthralled by her hair, real or not that is amazing. It might be wigs, and when you look at several videos from the same time there where so much variation in her hair style that it probably is a wig, but still that looks beautiful.

That is a good observation!

CarpeDM
April 15th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I adore Cher. Has anyone ever seen Moonstruck? Cher looks FABULOUS in that movie! I think she is a great symbol of beauty mixed with female empowerment and inviduality.

OMG that is one of my favorite movies!

ElvenArchess
April 15th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Her hair always looks fabulous. I can't imagine what high quality of wigs she can afford~

racrane
April 15th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I'm pretty sure those are extensions of some kind, but man, she looks gorgeous!

McFearless
April 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I think I'm the only person to think her voice is nothing special. Anyway, she wears wigs. Lovely, thick, curly black wigs. Not sure for how long. Her natural hair is probably beautiful too but with her performances shes gotta switch it up.

Tefnut
April 15th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Thats an awesome wig. I have some blue earrings pretty much identical to that with a really elaborate matching necklace

spidermom
April 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a wig. The Sonny and Cher show used to be a big inspiration for me to grow my hair, but I never had the patience back then.

MonaMayfair
April 16th, 2011, 04:05 AM
I've always assumed she wears wigs in public, but whatever, she's gorgeous!

skyblue
April 16th, 2011, 04:37 AM
I love Cher! Oh and Moonstruck is my favorites!
I use to love watching Sunny and Cher back in the day!
She had beautiful very long hair back then, I'd like to think
that it was her hair anyways, and always wanted my hair to be that long