PDA

View Full Version : WHO inspired your hair length!

angela123
April 14th, 2011, 03:31 PM
kail lowry from teen mom!
how long do you think it would take for apl to grow to this?!?
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18500000/Kailyn-Her-Boyfriend-Jordan-Isaac-3-kailyn-lowry-18563159-444-720.jpg

Oksana
April 14th, 2011, 04:08 PM
When i was 13 i decided i wanted to grow my hair long because an older girl on my school bus had gorgeous waist length.

Now my inspiration is myself, having my old hair back :)

angela123
April 14th, 2011, 04:15 PM
yeah i understand that one! i had long hair to but not as long as hers and thats the length i want so bad!!! im sure once i get there i will want longer!! haha

Slinks
April 14th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I agree my inspiration is myself, I sort of accidently grew it longer than usual and my daughters "your hair is so long" comments made me think I'll just let it grow from here :-)

bluesnowflake
April 14th, 2011, 04:42 PM
When I was little, I always wanted Sleeping Beauty's hair :)

FireBunny
April 14th, 2011, 04:50 PM
My initial desire for long hair was in reaction to a particularly devastating haircut.

It was the summer between 5th & 6th grade and I was going to summer camp with 60-70 of my classmates the next day, so I asked my mom to trim up my bangs and my hair...I ended up with super-short bangs and a bowl cut.

I cried bitterly for about 3 hours, vowing never to let my mother (or anyone else, for that matter) to violate my hair like that again. I haven't had it shorter than BSL since.

Slinks
April 14th, 2011, 05:02 PM
My initial desire for long hair was in reaction to a particularly devastating haircut.

It was the summer between 5th & 6th grade and I was going to summer camp with 60-70 of my classmates the next day, so I asked my mom to trim up my bangs and my hair...I ended up with super-short bangs and a bowl cut.

I cried bitterly for about 3 hours, vowing never to let my mother (or anyone else, for that matter) to violate my hair like that again. I haven't had it shorter than BSL since.

lol !!! I too once had a bad bang cut, that made me cry, by my Mum's best friend, it took months to grow out !! A year or so after that she bought herself some heated rollers and wanted to try them out, she had 3 boys, on my just below shoulder length hair BUT I never let her touch my hair again .. lol .. just to clarify I had the Farrah do and used to sleep in curlers ..

Venefica
April 14th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Currently I think it is the Keeper from Stargate Atlantis who inspires my growing hair, but I am also inspired by Bayonetta from the Playstation 3 game Bayonetta. I am also inspired by Duchess Ravenwaves from Lady Lovely Locks. All three of them fictional characters yes, but they have great hair. Bayonetta can even summon Cthulhu like monsters made from her hair. I am also inspired by the typical Japanese ghosts and Wednesday Addams.

As for real people I am very inspired by the hair of a fellow BDSMer named AllyC. She is the one that made me go with bangs. I am so inspired by her, she is a big woman who is proud of her appearance and who is very beautiful. You can google her name and Cavalier to find pictures of her, but I am not sure they would be appropriate to post here.

growingpains
April 14th, 2011, 05:44 PM
People on here:)

christine1989
April 14th, 2011, 05:52 PM

I second that! :) I came across LHC while researching oils to moisturize my hair with and just general hair health but when I saw all of the beautiful long hair pics in people's signatures and on threads I decided to grow my hair out too.

Angeletti
April 14th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Four years ago when I was wedding planning I was online looking for long hair styles to use for the wedding (I was right around mid-back length) and came across a site that was selling pictures of models with long hair (yes the site was a tad creepy) but the one model had the prettiest hair I had ever seen at the time. It was mid-thigh and my exact hair type so I figured I'd try to grow mine out since I loved the look of long hair.

NouvelleNymphe2
April 14th, 2011, 05:58 PM

This! I have never really had long hair, and the LHC has totally changed the way I care for my hair. All of the members on here have unique and beautiful hair.

In terms of celebrity inspiration, I think Jennifer Connelly has amazing hair and skin.

adiapalic
April 14th, 2011, 06:07 PM
When I was little it all started with Disney movies (Arial, Jasmine, Aurora, Pocahontas, Mulan etc.), The Last Unicorn (Lady Amalthea), Braveheart (Sophie Marceau) and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (Jane Seymour). :)

constancev18
April 14th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Of all things, this little girl on youtube. Her videos are no longer up but she has knee length hair (hair was TBL when I first saw it years ago). I'd never seen 4a/b hair that long.

Cirafly24
April 14th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Amy Lee from Evanescence :)

jojo
April 14th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I don't think anybody inspired me to grow to a certain length but when I see the lengths of certain members it makes me want long hair really bad!

To the op my hair is similar length to the picture shown, from apl it took me 2 years with trims!

santie
April 14th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Kim Kardashian inspired my hair length goal!

kanzer
April 14th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I really want Kailyn's hair too, it's so nice! I think she dyes and straightens it, but it still looks great. I wonder how long that is, somewhere past waist? That's the length I want...

Aimskylove
April 14th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I cant lie, Pocahontas, The little mermaid, and Sailor moon played a big part for me growing up! :D lol

jesis
April 14th, 2011, 07:05 PM

I also agree with this. I've always wanted long hair, but could never give up the heat. Sometimes, I see particularly beautiful hair on here and I get really inspired!

MaryLA
April 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
My hair growing was inspired by the TV show I loved growing up....Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. I loved how she braided it and wore updos. Also, the long hairs on LHC. My goal is waist length so one day I'll be there!

Fairlight63
April 14th, 2011, 07:20 PM
MaryLA, Me too! I didn't watch her show much back when it was on, but I rented the series from Netflex and that is where I saw her hair & loved it. I even liked her so much that I bought her series to watch over again when my hopes get down.

I also like Christy's hair in the Christy series & bought that series also for inspiration.

x0h_bother
April 14th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Kourt Kardashian :) Well her extensions http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_V7lJdZi_T9A/SsgDSfqdCHI/AAAAAAAAPmQ/JY3F82jHyqk/s400/kourtney+kardashian+weave+3.jpg
http://adoravelhair.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/kourtney_kardashian_4a.jpg
http://ledymusicfashion.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/091214-kourtney-kardashian-widec.jpg

x0h_bother
April 14th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Kim Kardashian inspired my hair length goal!
Yeeeahhhh :joy::hifive:

peronella
April 14th, 2011, 07:43 PM
My mom. When she was my age she had tbl hair, and it was beautiful (ive seen pictures, she cut it short before I was born) and her hairtype is like mine and so I hope mine will be beautiful like hers.

And she always styled it in awesome braided styles like french braids and crown raids and I cant wait to do mine like that too.

MaryLA
April 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
MaryLA, Me too! I didn't watch her show much back when it was on, but I rented the series from Netflex and that is where I saw her hair & loved it. I even liked her so much that I bought her series to watch over again when my hopes get down.

I also like Christy's hair in the Christy series & bought that series also for inspiration.

Oh yeah, I love the Christy series! A few years back I rented the series from Blockbuster and my husband and myself watched all the episodes. I'd love to own the Dr. Quinn series on DVD.......maybe one day!

monsterna
April 14th, 2011, 08:00 PM
This lovely lady:
http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/lf4QC7KvIHtmKJeVqQHIRg44964/GW291H345

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/W2CSU5qcBIFTI9NBej5w4g9350/GW176H267

Malibu Barbie
April 14th, 2011, 09:19 PM
My hairdresser. She asked me if we could see how long I could grow it. She is still surprised at the length.

telegraph64
April 14th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Now my inspiration is myself, having my old hair back :)

Me too, Oksana !!
Let's grow back, together. :flower:

I still have the old pictures, on film, if I had a scanner I would be showing off my hair length of then.

mrs carol
April 14th, 2011, 09:39 PM
People on here, there is so much beautiful hair.

selderon
April 14th, 2011, 09:58 PM
A picture of myself at 16 with long hair, the memory of how great hair sticks were, LHCers with great hair, and Angelina Jolie's Lara Croft character.

Anje
April 14th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Commenting on the thread title:
No, The Who did not inspire my hair length!

If anything, this forum and the now-defunct THLS site inspired me to let my hair grow.

TheMechaGinger
April 14th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Same here. I've always wanted Disney princess hair. Now I'm responsible enough to maybe get there someday! Hatsumomo's hair in Memoirs of a Geisha was a big push for me too, I think I was 13 or 14 when I saw that movie for the first time and I was well on my way until my aunt pushed me into getting my hair cut at an Ulta salon. She told me all one length hair was boring and made me look plain haha I think I look more ridiculous with all these silly layers. Ah well. Time for hair growing round two!

BeccaAngel
April 14th, 2011, 10:20 PM
This is the woman who has inspired me, Li Gong actress from the movie Memoirs of a Geisha. :)

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx114/annalevion/MoaG-8.jpg

gogirlanime
April 14th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Silk Spectre from the movie/comic series "Watchmen" she's such an over-all sexy character, that length, style, and bangs are rock'in!!! I plan on growing it out that long and dying it with bright red henna and doing wraps to naturally straighten my 3/a curls

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/gogirlanime/watchmen.jpg

racrane
April 14th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Sarah Brightman - I loved her voice but when I saw a picture of her and her long, curly dark hair, I developed an instant "hair crush". I know she uses extensions occasionally but in her early years her hair was all hers. And I know I"ll never have black curly hair but the desire to be feminine like her and her beautiful voice made me think long hair went with being sensual. I still feel that way and when my hair was chopped off a year ago for a musical theater show I felt so lost. I didn't feel sensual anymore. Does this make sense at all?

Annie Fulton
April 14th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Jennifer Lopez. The first one was the picture that I really loved, and the second is just another nice hair shot.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/jennifer%20lopez/barbaragarcia_bucket/Jennifer_Lopez.jpg?o=71

http://media.photobucket.com/image/jennifer%20lopez/myluv0426/Jennifer_Lopez_Dresses_Skirts_Beaded_Dress_G2Kn5Bs DsYil.jpg?o=26

gogirlanime
April 15th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I just found my new inspiration, I want her exact color and length it's soooooo gorgeous and sexy, she's like a goddess!!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/gogirlanime/71f1d_redhair.jpg

Rowanne
April 15th, 2011, 01:57 AM
My inspiration was a heavy overdose of fantasy books at a critical age. :D

pepperminttea
April 15th, 2011, 02:02 AM
I'm pretty sure my answer to these threads changes every time. :p It's lots of things. I saw a photo of myself at 16-ish with my hair just past BSL, albeit very damaged (faded dye pink/orange and permed past chin length :bigeyes: ), and wanted the length back. I went to high school with a girl who had beautiful dark blonde pin-straight hip/TB length hair. I love Waterhouse paintings. Disney movies as a child, LOTR as a student. I remember seeing this photo of Hayley Westenra (http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv273/dw_forget/hayleywestenra.jpg) as a teenager (it's one of the inside cover art photos from her Pure album), and wishing I had her hair/figure. One out of two isn't bad, right? ;)

I generally just love how long hair looks up and down, all the styles that can be done with it, and LHC spurs me on. :D

owlathena
April 15th, 2011, 02:13 AM
The obsession started with recovering from a bad cut, but now I'm influenced by every single person that I come across, online and irl, with hair longer than mine. Nobody has ever complimented me on my hair (except you guys! I want it to happen unbiased and genuine, in person). It sounds selfish, but I want to be envied the way I envy others.

Avital88
April 15th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I used to have waist lenght hair in highschool, then i cut it all off to shoulderlenght and eventually a bob.
When i did that i lost a lot of 'friends' and my boyfriend didnt liked it either.
I did like it so i kept that style for 2 years and when i was 19 i thought i should let it grow again.
Ofcourse i was my own inspiration and slowly grew to APL because i trimmed to much.
Beginning of 2009 i was at BSL and september 2010 at Waist, then i joined LHC and all the gorgeous long locks here became my inspiration.

Dragon
April 15th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I was my own inspiration as I was made to have short hair as a child and I felt ugly which also affected my self esteem badly.

Dark Queen
April 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again :). My obsession started with a woman I met when I was around 4-years-old in Philadelphia. I'd love to meet her again and see if she still has her amazing floor-length hair :)

babybabycat
April 15th, 2011, 03:36 PM
All the lovely locks here at TLHC have inspired me.
Thanks ladies (and gentlemen)

McFearless
April 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Good question. I don't think one specific person inspired my goal but lots of people on here have made me want to grow longer. My hair is currently at waist and I'm happy, but then I see someone on here with stunning hip length hair and I think hmm maybe a little more length.

Madora
April 15th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Well, I never achieved her length, but I adored the magnificent tresses of Empress Elizabeth of Austria. Hair to die for! She had thick chestnut hair past her knees! My kinda role model!

xoerincolleen
April 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
All of the Disney princesses, especially Giselle from Enchanted- I love Amy Adams!

http://www.yowazzup.com/blog/images/enchanted-movie.jpg

http://mystoryrkrumel.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/amy7.jpg

kouran
April 15th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I have several hair inspirations, but one I can recall is Daria Halprin's hair in Michaelangelo Antonioni's Zabriskie Point :

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/Nuria_Cruz/zabriskiepoint.jpg?t=1302902552

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/Nuria_Cruz/zabriskie.jpg?t=1302902670

shikara
April 15th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Well this might give away my age but......when I was younger getting ready for school, there was a soap opera on tv - I think it was called Somerset, and there was a young pretty girl with long hair. It was Audrey Landers acting as Heather. I googled her after seeing this thread and can't find any where her hair was like it was in the show - she wasn't as blonde as the pics I've seen, and her hair was straight.

gingylocks
May 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
I definitely was inspired by pictures of myself when I was younger. My mom, my sister and I have a competition for long hair going and currently my mom is winning, so I guess my family helped inspire my length too.

Also, all of the inspirations that you guys have mentioned is really inspiring me too! Most especially: the Memoirs of a Geisha actress posted above, and the Disney Princesses!!!:)

gthlvrmx
May 2nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
Pocahontas :) The men and woman at the halau i danced at, both men and woman had waist and more length :) I was so impressed, i wanted to just go farther than that. One guy grew his to hip level in a year and a half, i was amazed.
And i think it's just been a thing for me to just let it grow, it felt much more natural

Aliped
May 2nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
I really really like Ravenna Nights hair:thumbsup: She also gives loads of good henndigo advice. So yay Ravenna:cheese: You're my inspiration.

Animae
May 2nd, 2011, 09:40 PM
The movie Practical Magic. I first saw this when I was about 14 and I adore the Aunts hair in that movie. And Sandra Bullocks.

Remyy
May 2nd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Definitely Joanna Newsom, http://zombette.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/joanna_newsom_narrowweb__300x4500.jpg

http://zombette.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/joanna_newsom_narrowweb__300x4500.jpg

Mrspuddinhead
May 2nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
In 2009 my hair was chin length. It was at that time that I came across a woman on YouTube name Torrin Paige. I saw her hair videos and just thought her locks where stunning. Right then and there I decided I wanted hair that length. I don't know Torrin personally but she is an encouragement to me and many others.

celebriangel
May 2nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Oh, I know Torrin's videos - she's so bouncy and cheerful, it makes me happy to watch them even when I can't do most of the styles yet :)

Nariko from Heavenly sword...knee-length red hair, yes please! Actually, that's more recent - for some reason I have *always* wanted long red hair. I think I never really thought about my hair much when I was a kid, it just stayed around BSL/APL, but at one point it grew to almost waist, and I was so surprisingly and suddenly happy!

Er. Then I cut it, and haven't been happy with it since. I can't wait to have my old length back, and LHC has inspired me to go even further. I'm currently going for tailbone, then I'll reassess and see if I want to try for classic. So that's...myself, I suppose!:D

chachagrace
September 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I have to second Joanna Newsom. Also, I work at a food co-op and am constantly seeing lovely natural long hair.

NotInPortland
September 8th, 2011, 10:42 AM
No idea, I had really long hair when I was younger why I chopped it is beyond me. I've just always liked the look, it's just more "me". I can't ever see myself with short hair.

CurlyCap
September 8th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Me! lol

::looks in the vanity mirror. fluffs hair::

No, but really. After I cut my WL 3b hair, I finally realized how rare it is to grow curly hair that long and that I'd gotten rid of something very rare and special.

I'm enjoying watching my hair grow, but I think I'll go back to being a long hair. It's a good thing though. I think cutting made me appreciate my hair more.

MychelleC
September 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Bellydancers. I had chin-length hair when I signed up for a bellydance class and it turned out I had a gift for it. Essential to professional dance is gorgeous long hair, so I let it grow. That was ten years ago. I never would have known the joy of long hair! I love watching my old videos; it's like Samson - my dancing got better as my hair grew longer.

Roscata
September 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I was inspired by the ladies on LHC to grow my hair to the length I want now, but originally I wanted to grow it to waist (on me it's about 29-30 inches) because of a friend of mine with waist length hair. It's just so pretty, it made me miss my long hair and I started growing. :D

how long do you think it would take for apl to grow to this?!?
I'd say 2-3 years depending on your hair condition, growth rate, routine, use of up-dos and trimming. 2 years (23 months) if your hair grows .5 inches per month and you don't loose length to trimming or breakage. [30-18.5=11.5 (inches to grow), 11.5/.5=23 (months to get there)]

Shelly
September 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I've always wanted long hair every since I can remember. Crystal Gail showed me it was possible. When it comes to my goal length, Rapunzel was the determining factor. :lol: When I get on the hair length conversation with someone I tell them that I want my hair all the way down there and all the way back there. Meaning dragging the floor behind me as much as it possibly can before I die. I'll tell them this is the shortest you'll ever see my hair, meaning that I'll never cut it again. Most people don't understand the passion for long hair that some of us have. That's ok though. We can't really expect them to. It's all good. :D

lara grace
September 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Amy Lee from Evanescence :)

Me too! Ah her hair was beautiful.

Megz
September 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Most of the people I've envied due to the hair either had fake hair or a hair type I could never achieve. Aside from good skincare regimens and the occasional makeup-wearing, I never really knew how to take care of my appearance. I grew up feeling tall and awkward, with big, bushy hair that I could never figure out. I could never find clothes that fit, felt too tall to get into heels, and eventually just turned into a tomboy (still am a bit), with skincare as my main obsession.

By the time I reached my late 20's, my hair was pretty long (longest length was midback), but I always wore it up and had no clue what to do with it. I went into a few years of letting myself go entirely, and then later started a little transitional phase, after realizing I didn't know myself, even down to the styles of clothes that I liked to wear. I decided to figure things out. I was also just sick of going out now and then, and not feeling good about myself anymore, looking frumpy dumpty, or not knowing how to style my hair, having to depend heavily on going to the hairdresser.

I asked a few hairdressers for tips on what I could do at home, but all they seemed interested in was keeping my regular visits (short of relaxers) and pimping their products on me, so I tried things on my own. I bought a cheap flat iron and went to town, and seriously screwed up my hair ha. I later started looking online and figured out that certain things, like heat protectants, were handy (ya think?) and to get better tools, and to not go overboard.

By the time I figured it all out (and that consistent flat ironing is bayud, no matter what you use), I was getting a good look, but I knew the health of my wasn't as good as it could be, even at the ideal length, due to the abuse. My hair always looked "pretty" in the past before (from leaving it alone and wearing it up), and I would get a load of compliments when I'd get it done, but that was before I started messing with it own my own and moving to a place with well water/drier climate. I realized that I may have known how to style it better, but it was no longer health. So, I've been starting over in the last year or two, aiming toward longer, but healthier-looking hair. I think it's just more of a challenge for myself, rather than anything else.

dulce
September 8th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Before I joined here ,I saw several local older ladies with gray waist length hair plus saw Yasminna Rossi [model] with her silver waist length hair in pics and tv,that did it for me!

sun-kissed
September 8th, 2011, 02:36 PM
My inspiration came mostly from Rapunzel until I found LHC; I had always dreamed of having blonde hair trailing behind me on the floor as a child. And now that I am a teen I am in charge of my own body. My mother had always kept my hair around BSL/APL, but now I can finally act on my--now more realiastic--dream and grow it to Classic or beyond.

Then I also I knew a set of twin blondes, who both had their blonder hair at Classic. Their mother had waist, and so did their little sister. They where, and still are, my inspiration.

Another thing is that when I asked one of the twins how often they wash their hair, she said "once a week." I had never heard of anything but every-other-day before that! That is what got me wondering if I could somehow do that, and that's what eventually lead me to look into the no-poo movement that I had only faintly heard of(and not taken any notice of) before that.

Now all of you are my inspiration! You are living proof that my dream of long, healthy hair can be real.

Cowgirl16
September 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I was sitting at a red light. A woman riding a motorcycle turned up the road; she had the most beautiful LONG braid I had ever seen. I decided then that I wanted to grow my hair longer, I was already at waist; but I wanted a classic length braid. :cool: Then I found LHC and now I have many more longhair inspirations :D

StormVixen
September 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I think it was the few guys with long hair at my school and college who inspired me to grow my hair long, not try to fit in and listen to \m/metal\m/ ... and basically try to enjoy my life and not to take any sh...

Quetiepi
September 8th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I grew my hair to waist length once before, when I was about 30. I am growing it out now because I am inspired by an upcoming birthday. I am 56 years old and I want to have waist length virgin hair by my 60th birthday. I want to enjoy having thick, beautiful, long hair for as long as I can manage it.

PixxieStix
September 8th, 2011, 09:47 PM
My first inspiration is the hair I had when I was young before my trichotillomania developed, so first and foremost before length, I want a full head of hair again, and I am on my way! I have been keeping it short of years with the excuse "I need it to all grow back in and be the same length before I grow it out!", but became too impatient with that. I still have some areas on my head that need to "fill in" (and I hope they do, even after the years of damage my disorder has caused) , so I have hair anywhere from a few mm long to 2 inches above shoulder. It is going to take AT LEAST 8 years to get to my first hair goal, which is *all* my hair grown in and down to waist length. I can do it, I know I can.

My other inspiration comes in the form of my baby brother and my fiance. When we met, my fiance had this gorgeous long, thick, virgin waist length hair, and I had about 1 1/2 inches. -_-' I nearly cried when he decided to cut it, but a few months ago when I told him I wanted to grow my hair out and I'd just let the short and new stuff catch up later, he said he wanted to grow out his again too! :D I'm very excited about that. Now, five years ago when my baby brother met Loren for the first time, he thought Loren's hair was the coolest thing ever, and decided he wanted to grow out his too. Some time this weekend I am going to have to post up a picture of his hair, because it is waist length virgin, naturally bright read THICK hair on a guy who is 6'1". Seeing my baby brother's hair when I went home last month gave me even more determination than ever to get mine grown out again. I bleached my hair and then used henna to dye it to try and get my brother's hair color (mine is a medium/dark auburn, and I'm a little envious of his hair!) but while I like it, I do want to love my *own* hair, and will likely only henna over my natural hair from now on to enhance the red color.

Cassie 123
September 8th, 2011, 10:09 PM
My WOW female night elf druid.. 1b/M/iii, tailbone length, dark blue hair with a deep V hemline. If only I could train my follicles to grow hair like this, I'd have my goal all figured out.

Netabug
September 8th, 2011, 10:25 PM
A friend of mine inspired me o want to grow it out. She has virgin waist length beautiful shiny healthy hair. At work I always wanted to be able to do the updos like her but I would never let it grow for long. I would get bored or it took to long to blow dry and straighten, I wanted layers, then I didn't. These were many of my reasons for constantly cutting it. Then I found LHC and learned of the many ways to actually style my hair and how to take care of it. I feel as though I finally been given the knowledge of how to actually grow it out! Lol if that makes sense?:o

swetiepeti
September 9th, 2011, 12:02 AM
my mom, she had beautiful light brown with gold highlight almost waist length hair most of the years before I left home. She'd sometimes trim it to about bra strap level.

SilverMcFly17
September 9th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Alanis Morissette. She has amazing hair, right down to the color.

long&blonde
September 9th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Actually it was the 50 something year old woman I watched enter the hair salon I was waiting to tan at. She looked like a Goddess, with her Classic length hair. I marveled how such long hair allowed one to pull off a Goddess look, in glasses. I couldn't believe she'd come in for a cut. I wasn't about to butt into her business,& offer my unsolicited opinion. I realized how hard this change must be for her. I was just astonished by the transformation of this Earth Mother Goddess, into;a middle age lady in glasses, thru;a just above the shoulders cut. That I am Sure the stylists were all raving about to her. "About time! So much younger looking! So healthy looking!" I could only imagine. To me, it was kind of like watching something beautiful & special, be destroyed. I loved that her long hair made her look like a Goddess, regardless of age,outfit,contact lens not in. That did it for me.

WinterButterfly
September 9th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Well I was watching this movie, the ring, and there was this creepy girl with hair over her face.
Just kidding of course.

There was a girl in high school with beautiful classic length hair. But I supose that a good chunk was the fantacy novels I read. The elves almost always have long hair. But of course the girl who becomes a warrior almost always cuts off her long hair. I also like fairy tales. Lots of long hairs there.

battles
September 9th, 2011, 01:55 AM
No one specifically inspired me. One day I went, :hmm: "I kind of want a long braid all the way down to my bum."

Arashi
September 9th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Admittedly, my first long hair(and color) inspiration was Amy Lee of Evanescence. Can't say I'm a fan of her or what's left of her band, it's been years since that was the case, but long dark hair is still my favorite and the ideal for me.

Hotrox
September 9th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I moved to China a few years ago and so many of the girls here have beautiful long hair, I decided that I wanted that too. I then found this place and my desire was well and truly cemented.

AcornMystic
September 9th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I never had any inspiration for the APL hair I had growing up (sometimes got trimmed to shoulder because I rarely had it trimmed). My only real inspiration ever in life was my older sister and that was more way of being, nothing to do with hair. It just sorta stayed at APL.

My inspiration for chopping it off though for grad wasn't any one, but a desire for change. A desire to make a bold move and wow everyone and having longish hair my whole life and hiding behind it it was the biggest change I could make. I also couldn't get any hair dressers to give me the cut because they were all booked up doing other people's hair into fancy prom styles so I chopped it myself. It also made me think "more mature". Yes, short hair struck me as mature and I could let go of the adolescent me and rock it out as a woman.

When I got frustrated and chopped my hair all to one length and so it hit my cheek well.. that was temporary insanity and it wasn't until after I looked up on it and found out that it was worn by a woman named Louise who was an integral part of the feminist movement, wearing such short hair, and that it really is a haircut, an orchid bob, that I didn't feel so regretful about chopping it.

My undercut job.. another moment of insanity. I was trying to deal with having chunks of different layers from a botched layering job and this video gave me the courage to shave the back of my head and rock it punk style.

(close gaps to make link work)

ht tp: //www.yo utube.com/watch?v=MBIbHfHV5lE &featu re=results_main& playnext=1&li st=PL06274CCE9F1 1ED89

She looks like my other cousin too (not the one with the knee length hair), so that helped.

What inspires me for growing it out now though is myself. The pictures of myself when I had APL hair. I inspire myself to achieve that and beyond and get giddy every time I see those pics. I will admit though, with how often I mention my knee-length haired cousin on here I can't not give her credit for being an inspiration even though I've ever seen her about a couple dozen times in my entire life (I'm doubling the number and adding on 5 to account for the ones I don't remember.. Come to think of it only 3 are coming to my mind right now). Oh, and seeing the movie Tangled has given me MORE inspiration though. It's one of my favorite movies and I can watch it back to back. :D

amanda_the_tall
December 8th, 2011, 09:22 PM
my hair inspiration is kristen stewart's hair in twilight:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bella+swan+long+hair&um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=675&tbm=isch&tbnid=6nVLYKbhmm-cmM:&imgrefurl=http://alisondeluca.blogspot.com/2011_09_01_archive.html&docid=C_ubnqki7RLVVM&imgurl=http://stylefrizz.com/img/edward-cullen-bella-swan-twilight.jpg&w=470&h=378&ei=oX7hTqH8Mo-UtweTs9nnBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=363&vpy=133&dur=481&hovh=179&hovw=225&tx=194&ty=115&sig=108769529211557521241&page=3&tbnh=129&tbnw=169&start=40&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:40

it's just so pretty! :D

Dark Queen
December 8th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I've posted about this before, but I was inspired by a lady I met when I was only 4 years old. I really wish I knew what ever happened to her :hmm:

candycandace
December 8th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I would have to say Tsubasa Masuwaka or Remi Sakamoto. They are so cute and have very beautiful hair! :3

long&blonde
December 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I was waiting for the tanning bed at my small neighborhood hair salon. In my 30's. A lady in her late 50s walked up, with light brown CL wavy hair. I thought,she's like 57,but looks like a Goddess. I couldn't Believe she was there for a full on haircut. But I said nothing,knowing the courage this was no doubt taking her to do. She walked in a Goddess,w/hair she could sit on,she walked out a middleaged lady with an above shoulders pageboy,glasses,and a pantsuit. The transformation remains branded in my memory.

Zesty
December 9th, 2011, 12:14 AM
No one inspiration caused me to decide to grow my hair out -- except maybe LHCers generally, since this forum is what made me believe it was possible for my to grow remarkably long hair. I will say though that Cinnamon Hair sticks out in my mind as an inspiration. Her website led me to LHC, and when I'm stuck in a hair rut I go back and look through some of her pictures and things. We have similar hair types, and even though I doubt I have the genes for such blunt knee-length hair, it motivates me to see her hair and updos. :)

Carissamarie08
December 9th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Kim Kardashian!

MoreWhenNuh
December 9th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Kim Kardashian!

Have you ever seen her without extensions? I think her hair always looks gorgeous too but I don't know what her natural hair looks like by itself. That's what i hate about celebrity hair. I'll see a picture of beautiful, healthy, thick, long hair on a celebrity and wish mine was like that but I have to tell myself most likely it's extensions.

As for my inspiration it would probably be my sister-in-law. I've figured out through trial and error that I did not want short hair ever again. But the past year or so I've wanted it to get longer and longer whenever I'd see hers. I think we're almost at the same length now. Yay! Although she's definitely trimmed off quite a bit.

Carissamarie08
December 9th, 2011, 02:17 AM
I wear hair extensions myself so I cant say much, i just want the length of her extensions or whatever she has real or fake on my head

dulce
December 9th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Yasminna Rossi,the 50 plus year old model, her silver waist length hair is to die for!!

jacqueline101
December 9th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Myself the hair I used to have.

PriscillaCherel
December 9th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I think, probably myself.. I got tailbone length hair when i was 11/12 :( Want it back so badly

SunShinesOnWint
December 9th, 2011, 02:33 PM
You guys did..

I was on here many years ago, and though I have always adored long hair I just couldn't keep mine long...

But all the posts I read and the people here gave me patience and goals...So I thank you all, the ones I talked with, and the ones I have just met because everybody helped and are helping in some way..

Your all amazing people!

bloomingrose
December 9th, 2011, 03:22 PM
My freshman year, we watched the 1968 movie version of Romeo and Juliet. Olivia Hussey, the girl that played Juliet, inspired me to grow my hair long, even though her hair type is completely different than mine.

Hylia
December 9th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Arwen from LOTR, well all the ladies from LOTR pretty much.

Chamy
December 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I dont really know what my first inspiration was, but when i first came here i saw Igor's hair, and i decided that i wanted that length, she had classic length then, and thats still my goal. :)

ladylowtide
December 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
So many animes!

dwell_in_safety
December 10th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Myself. I think it fits who I am better than shorter hair does.

LHC has encouraged me to never dye my hair again, though! I never did until this past March, and since then it has been dyed another two times. Never again. It's naturally such a pretty golden brown.

Soltimus
December 10th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I wish I could find the link again and show you, but of course I've lost it, ha ha. My inspiration for really growing my hair out came from a woman found by archaeologists here in Denmark. Her hair was braided and put up in a very interesting way and I decided to attempt it myself. Unfortunately you need a really good head of hair to get it right so the only option was for me to just let it grow as long as possible.

beccababesx
December 10th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Various girls I see on the street etc, mostly with extensions, but with waist-hip thick hair with blunt ends. There's something about having short hair when someone else has long thick hair that makes you feel kind of inadequate and nondescript. Oh, and Kim Kardashian :D

dulce
December 10th, 2011, 02:48 PM
As well as seeing pics of Yasminna,saw a few older ladies with silver waist length hair on the street,that did it for me.

Yasmine91
December 10th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Ever since I was little I always associated long hair with beauty. A bit of a bias and probably mean thing to say, not that short haired girls are any less prettier. In my country, long hair is seen as more feminine and beautiful and a lot of girls are pressured even forced by their mothers to grow their hair out, which is sad for the girls who really want short hair styles.

Disney princesses like Ariel and Jasmine really got me to want to grow my hair when I was around 5- 10. In my teens it was anime's like Ah! My Goddess and Tenchi muyo.

Here are some examples:

http://www.picgifs.com/disney-graphics/disney-graphics/ariel/disney-graphics-ariel-757163.gif

Everyone knows Ariel, what I loved most about her hair was the body and the volume!

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6600000/Jasmine-Wallpaper-disney-princess-6603799-1024-768.jpg

Best hair ever!! I love dark thick hair most!

http://venturecosplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/urd.jpg
Urd from Ah! My Goddess...I would go lesbian for her....if she was real...

http://i10.servimg.com/u/f10/11/60/31/42/sasami10.jpg
And Sasami from Tenchi Muyo

nikir1914
December 10th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Serena the mermaid from Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides. :cool:

Kristin
December 10th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I was originally inspired by some photos of Miranda Kerr with waist-length layered hair. It no longer seems that impressive...

A. Correira
December 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I use a lot of people from here on LHC to motivate me to continue growing. Also my little sister keeps me going as well. Her hair isn't nearly as long as mine had once been when I was her age, but she is getting there. And seeing her hair really makes me want to have my hair back (especially since she kinda looks like a mini-me).

Hollyfire3
December 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Om my gosh! This is so MY thread!!! I took one look at Piper Halliwell's (Holly Marie Combs') beautiful, thick, wavy/curly/straight at different times, always shiny, not extentions, gogeous waist length (and all lengths inbetween) alwasy long, i could go on forever. . . perfect, hair. I HAD to have it! I am just now getting it. . .so happy to have found that show, i watch it everyday, sometimes (ok most of the time)just to see her hair! http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100625045057/charmed/images/archive/7/78/20110119024401!4x02-Piper.jpg

http://sp6.fotolog.com/photo/54/38/26/magic_piper_p3/1280944864658_f.jpg

sorry the pics are so big! Just love her!

shump76
December 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Me, actually! Lots of pictures from when I was about 6 years old, with thick, wavy black hair down to my waist! Also pictures from a few years ago when my hair a bit past BSL. I looked so much better with all that hair and I want it again!

Susana
December 11th, 2011, 01:19 PM
The hair I had when I was 12........

Matesse81
December 11th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Myself. I had long hair when I was around 16 and now I want to see if I can get it even longer this time :)

catarinalaree
December 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I'd have to say Colette Butler from the Shaytards on Youtube. I was never accustomed to seeing someone with waist-length hair and it started driving me crazy how beautiful it was. Everyday I get inspired by someone on the LHC and more often I'm seeing women around London with really long hair and it's great!

Motivation is an issue though, I seem to have no personal support when it comes to growing my hair long and sleek.

piffyanne
December 11th, 2011, 04:24 PM
When I was five, I wanted to have classic-length hair, partly out of jealousy of other girls my age with hair that long (HOW?!) and mostly because it looked so beautiful on all the princesses I read about in my favorite books. For some reason, my hair grew really slowly, and I could only get to BSL.

In sophomore year of college, a girl in my Japanese class had waist-length hair, and I decided again that I was going to have long hair (hadn't had a serious cut since 7th grade, when it was cut to BSL again, but I only lost like 3 inches. Hadn't gotten very far, had I?)

I started a routine that went like this: the same benign neglect, and a little chant to convince myself that it COULD grow, that story here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83673

Crazily, my hair, which seemed to be just about terminal at BSL (I still can't figure out why it wouldn't grow!) just TOOK OFF and grew like a weeeed! It raced down to waist, then tbl, and I'm at classic now. I'm thrilled! :bounce:

When I saw her recently, her hair was cropped back to ear-length, so we couldn't compare tresses. :shake:

Rhodugune
December 11th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I have wanted to have really long hair for as long as I can remember.
What I don't remember though is how that came to be.

I just thought long hair was so beautiful and started to grow mine when I could care for it myself, my mother said that I could not have long hair until I did.
So I learn to wash and brush my hair when was six years old, I must have been quite determinant! :D

What I always loved is old fashioned clothes and I always been interested in history, mythology, so I think I wanted a long hair to go with that.
The long dresses of medieval times are something I wish people wore now a days too!

How lovely wouldn't we look then, with our gorgeous long hair and beautiful long swooping dresses! :cloud9:

Me, trying best to be an elegant lady! :D
http://archive.pixbox.se/arkivet/synligt_38/32720000-32729999/640x480/32727798.jpg (http://www.pixbox.se/pic32727798)

Quezie
December 11th, 2011, 05:28 PM
A lady that I've never met or talked to who frequented a forum I used to go on a lot. Sounds pretty creepy, I know. :b

Belly dancers too I think.

HintOfMint
December 11th, 2011, 05:30 PM

When I was four, that's exactly whose hair I wanted!

A bit tragic though, since I was a tiny brown girl with a bob like her mother's. :p

Dragon Faery
December 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I can't say for sure what my original inspiration was. As soon as I could draw, I was drawing pictures of princesses with impossibly long hair. So perhaps it was Rapunzel. :) I had a storybook of her story that was also a coloring book, and it's a vivid memory so it's likely it was one of my favorites.

We had a storybook of Sleeping Beauty, as well, with lovely old-looking pictures, and I loved the picture of her lying asleep with her hair all tumbled over the bed and onto the floor.

Around Kindergarten age (5 or 6), my mother started reading me the Laura Ingalls books, and that was probably the first I ever thought seriously about hair. Laura mentions in "These Happy Golden Years" that her hair was down to her knees, and I decided then and there that I wanted my hair that long.

Being little, I of course had a tendency to forget this. ;)

When I went to school in 2nd grade, there was a girl there who had dark curly hair that hung down past the seat of her chair. I was so fascinated by it. But I thought that long hair was something you either had or didn't, and it couldn't really be changed. Boy, was I jealous of her hair, though. ;)

In 3rd grade, I did the Bolder Boulder with my school (10k road race in Colorado on Memorial Day; it's a pretty big deal, but I don't know how big a deal in the rest of the world). It was a rainy day. There was a woman in the wave I was in who had a long coat on, down to her calves. After a while I realized her ponytail, which was tucked under her coat, was peeking out at the bottom! The ends weren't in great condition, but I was flabbergasted by the length. I still wanted hair that long.

My own hair floated between Waist and APL for most of my childhood, based mostly on when my ends got dry and split and my mom saying it was time for a cut. She would always ask me how much I wanted taken off, and usually I didn't want more than an inch or two.

When I was in probably 4th or 5th grade, I was jealous of my little sister's hair. She's a lighter brown than me, and her hair naturally grows faster than mine. She played outside all the time, and her ends bleached to these amazing light blonde (almost white) wurls. Mine would get a light golden brown at the ends, but as soon as they started to, it was time for another cut. I used to get so frustrated by that.

Real life struck with a vengeance, and I don't remember specific times of noticing my hair much after that, although my head was still automatically turned by anyone with waist or longer hair.

(I do know I used to make charts trying to figure out how long it would take me to get my hair to certain lengths, and sometimes I'd parade around with ribbons or yarn trailing off my head onto the floor, pretending it was my hair; but somehow my hair in real life never seemed interested in attaining those glorious lengths.)

The first time I specifically remember thinking about my hair was when I decided to grow out my bangs in 7th grade. Looking back at pictures, my hair was hip at that point (the longest it has ever been, before that time or since), but it was terribly frizzy and unkempt. I chopped it in 8th grade, and while it behaved better, I have mourned the loss ever since.

Benign neglect got me back to waist in my 5th year of college, and it was starting to get compliments; but it was soo split I chopped it again. :(

Around that time I found the old TLHC site, and bookmarked it, and drooled over JJJLongHair, and was frustrated at how quickly any other long hair search I tried turned to soft porn. :rant:

I dutifully went out and bought a BBB and some Jojoba oil and tried to go all natural. Given my complete ignorance of cones, sulfates, and curly hair care, the results were rather sad, and I gave up for several years.
:rolleyes:

In my last several years of college I kept running into a gorgeous brunette whose hair was somewhere between knee and calf. Being ignorant of the ways of the Force, I asked her how long it had taken her to grow her hair that long. She said, "22 years," and my hopes were dashed once again. But then she added, "with trims, of course," and I found a ray of hope. Genetic or not, maybe it *was* still possible to have healthy hair that actually grew.

Several years and lots of Google and YouTube searches later, I stumbled onto TorrinPaige's YouTube page, where I was entranced once again. From there it was on to LHC, and between that and all the gorgeous long hair I see on the Crow reservation, I now have almost daily inspiration.

Rapunzel may have been the first, but technically everyone I've ever seen with healthy long hair has been an equal part of inspiring me.

(Sorry for the length! I'll save it for my growing...) :cool:

prettyhairisred
December 11th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Celebrities are a big part of it. Miley Cyrus was the first one to make me think wow! too bad they all use extensions!! :mad:

battles
December 29th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I think I figured out why I want a long braid. :p

http://i41.tinypic.com/21b99tv.jpg

I used to play this game pretty frequently when I was younger, Turok 2. Apparently it rubbed off on me. I just started playing it on emulator again and gasped when I saw her hair.

Ahhh, childhood memories.

Mearwynna
December 29th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Boy, I think I've always had a strong inclination for long hair... and I also had a terrible hair cut when I was 9 or 10,and then my mom gave me a horrible perm, and I looked like ronald mcdonald. But it wasn't until I was 18 or so that I really began to grow it out, I grew until midback without knowing what I was doing and then went through pregnancies, and various cuts and dye jobs and am now where I am- growing out again. Hopefully, more patiently this time.

laceyfairy
December 29th, 2011, 09:56 PM
The obsession started with recovering from a bad cut, but now I'm influenced by every single person that I come across, online and irl, with hair longer than mine.

Also reading Manga. Tohru from Fruits Basket, Rahzel from Dazzle, etc.

Cloelia
December 29th, 2011, 10:23 PM
When I was 7, I saw a the Great Performances recording of the original Broadway cast of Into the Woods. Joanna Gleason takes down her hair from a snood at one point, and it's waist length and henna-red. Prettiest thing I'd ever seen at the time, and I've wanted long hair ever since. So now, 20 years later, hopefully I'm finally on my way to having it!!

Loviatar
December 29th, 2011, 10:54 PM
[...] the Laura Ingalls books, and that was probably the first I ever thought seriously about hair. Laura mentions in "These Happy Golden Years" that her hair was down to her knees, and I decided then and there that I wanted my hair that long.
:cool:

I started with the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and memories of myself as a child with classic-length hair.

Then I found LHC and my inspirations became Igor, Elle, Spidermom and Amoretti.

almond
December 30th, 2011, 12:20 AM
LHC members. I never thought about growing my hair longer than waist before I came here :D

Nedertane
December 30th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Boy, there's a lot of inspirations...

To start, I've loved long hair on myself and others since I was a wee lass. Maybe from fairy tales/fantasy stores? I'm not sure.

I kept being a bit of a fairy tale/fantasy nerd for a while. And then that spilled into an unexpected love of heavy metal music. Have you seen the locks on some (modern) men and women of metal? Vreth of Finntroll, Tarja Turonen/Anette Olzon of Nightwish, Jari Maenpaa of Wintersun... I could go on (and I'd certainly love to).

Hair, and hair health enthusiasts like you guys as well. You guys inspire me to grow it WELL. :P

No matter what though, I guess I'll always just see long hair as being beautiful and, well, magical looking. Plus, I love drawing and painting long hair - it's just more fun!

Also, now, I feel sort of in competition with the guy I'm dating. BRING IT. :P

marifullofgrace
December 30th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Arwen from LOTR, well all the ladies from LOTR pretty much.

LOTR was such an inspiration for me as well! Well, throughout elementary and middle school it was generally mid-BSL-Waist-ish (I remember cutting my hair to a bob once in elementary school and once in middle school and hating it), but Arwen, Michelle Branch, and Vanessa Carlton were my 8th grade inspirations/general hair icons, as well as your typical multiracial girl hair inspirations such as Mulan, Jasmine, and Pocahontas. I was also super into hippie culture/the boho look.

In 9th grade I made a drastic chop to mid-neck for Locks of Love (gasp I know! But I was 14 and didn't know they were evil :( ). I experimented with various pixie cuts and shapes of bobs throughout high school and my first year of college, and weirdly enough it was a horrible breakup that made me want to grow my hair past shoulder length--we broke up at the beginning of the summer and I wanted to eventually be able to walk around campus that without him immediately recognizing me (the Iron & Wine song "Carousel" was also a little nugget of inspiration for that: you were braiding your gray hair, it had grown so long, since I'd been gone ..hah, I don't really know why, perhaps because it sounded so melancholy?) at any rate, I needed a change, and instead of the usual post-break-up chop which at that time would have meant chin-length I went for the...post-break-up...lengthening?

All the while the comments from my friends ("omg I've never seen your hair this long! I love it!" "how long will you grow it??") and family ("yay I love your hair long! I've missed it!") and stumbling upon TLHC (I've lurked for FOREVER) inspired me to grow to waist. I actually reached waist a bit before Christmas, but decided to trim a few inches of damage to start the new year off fresh.

My current hair inspirations are Anna Popplewell, my mind's image of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence's hair is lovely but in my head I thought Katniss's hair was longer), and 1960's cher:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgdxqvY7hg1qauo0so1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1325323501&Signature=TTQuegEx0dQeQNeMM%2FSlK2xTUO4%3D

http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hunger-games-jennifer-larence.jpg

http://pcslonghairforum.com/gi.php?i=http://www.starpulseonline.com/images/celebrity/cher.jpg

becks113
December 30th, 2011, 09:58 AM
A girl from YouTube.. She had the prettiest hip length, black hair.. & the LHC has definitely changed the way I care for my hair.

allnight avenue
December 30th, 2011, 10:17 AM
My late host sister when I studied abroad had the most gorgeous, almost-waist length henna'd hair. She never touched it with a straightener or blow dryer. I had never even heard of henna'ing hair before I met her. I spent the whole year living with her chopping off and dyeing my hair to shorter and crazier cuts, but I knew that once I "outgrew" that phase I would grow mine out just like hers. It's been four years and I'm still not quite that long!

raveness13
December 30th, 2011, 10:30 AM
My inspiration was a heavy overdose of fantasy books at a critical age. :D

Ha ha! Same here! Why must all the girls in fantasy books have long hair?! ;)

aster66
December 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I was inspired by watching Disney's the little mermaid when I was young. Oh how I loved ariels beautiful long red hair and how it would be all pretty and floaty when she was underwater. I was so dissapointed when my own long hair did not appear to pretty and floaty when I was at the swimming pool. My friends and I would always try to get it to look as pretty as ariel's hair when we where underwater but it just wouldn't work. Real life was apparently no fairytale :p

holothuroidea
December 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I don't know where the image came from but I've always dreamed of tailbone-classic length dark blond hair with shine and very loose waves. Needless to say when my 1a hair went wavy after I had my first baby I was over the moon and I have an existential crisis every time my waves droop a little bit.

That photo of Joanna Newsom pretty much hits the nail right on the head. The thought that this might actually be possible for me, because I have very similar hair color and type, is very inspiring to me.

Now that I think about it a little bit I think I got that image in my head from my cousin who I lived with for a short time when I was 8 years old. She had tail bone length hair with loose waves but it was dark brown. I just pictured it with my hair color. :D

ETA: I'm also inspired anytime I see someone on the street with fine hair that is long. I think, "Hey, that could be me!"

ETA2: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1586094&postcount=55

ElusiveMuse
December 30th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I think for me, I've just always been a romantic in love with beauty and I think long hair is beautiful and romantic. When I was a kid I used to draw pictures of women in long, flowing gowns with hair down to their feet.

Two specific instances of long-haired women in literature that stuck with me, and I didn't read fantasy novels so I never got the benefit of Arwen, were Leah from The Bronze Bow and Leslie from Anne's House of Dreams.

3azza
December 30th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I have to say it was my doll Nia, the tanned, thigh length black haired version of Barbie doll. I thought i want to grow up looking like her. Oh well, maybe the hair length...

Colourful
December 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Some years ago, after constantly cutting my hair, I discovered this model called Ruslana Korshunova (who is dead by now :() and the moment I saw her hair - I was hooked and since that I wanted to grow my hair long too but my growing progress started finally in this summer. :D

mzBANGBANG
December 30th, 2011, 06:49 PM
http://lovwekanc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/fiona_apple.jpg
I LOVE Fiona Apple. Gorgeous hair, too!

Chetanlaiho
December 30th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Misako Aoki xD And I recently realized while rewatching The Vampire Diaries (teehee) that Elena probably inspired me quite a bit as well. I've been letting it grow for the past couple of years but only got serious about it about a year and a half ago.

BeautifulSoup
December 30th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I guess the inspiration is me. I honestly woke up one day and realised I had longish hair and could start doing styles that were once impossible. Before that I didn't pay much attention to hair.

Also, long hair has this princess vibe which I've found shamelessly attractive ever since I was a kid.

Princess Kitti
December 31st, 2011, 01:17 AM
Aishwaria Rai (Bollywood star). The first Bollywood movie I ever saw was Devdas, in which she stars, and I was blown away by her hair (I think it's classic length in that film). It was so thick and dark and shiny with so much body that it inspired me to grow, even though I don't have her hair type.

morrigan*
December 31st, 2011, 07:47 AM
Misako Aoki xD And I recently realized while rewatching The Vampire Diaries (teehee) that Elena probably inspired me quite a bit as well. I've been letting it grow for the past couple of years but only got serious about it about a year and a half ago.
You two are not alone:D, her hair looks really lovely. I'm growing it too for year and half, but need to do a lot of trimming in first year.

Ligeia_13
December 31st, 2011, 10:48 AM
Mrs Amy Lee Hartzler :p

Renate
December 31st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Simone Simons

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k4xwqL4-UTc/TViDaJ3uVmI/AAAAAAAADSY/ICuOJ_JPQFM/s640/Simone%252BSimons%252BSimoneSimons.jpg

Very achievable, lenght-wise.

honeyblonde
December 31st, 2011, 09:57 PM
My mom!!! She had the most beautiful classic length hair!!!!

Long_hair_bear
December 31st, 2011, 10:06 PM
I'm with fire bunny. My mom cut my hair horrendously short when I was young and now I have a phobia to cutting my hair. I am terrified just to get trims! As for inspiration, I'm a BIG lord of the rings fan and adore elves. All elves have long hair, but I love Arwen and Galadriels hair. There's my inspirations. :)