PDA

View Full Version : Interview hair

Cholera
April 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM
So, I have a fairly important interview today with the regional manager at the store I'm applying at. The dress code is fairly casual, but I'm still worried about how I should wear my hair. Would it be a bad idea to wear it down, even if that's how it looks best right now? I scrunch-dried it, so it's fairly wavy/curly.

*Rose Red*
April 14th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I would not wear it completely down, I would avoid that hair is hanging in my face or that I "play" all the time with my hair. Maybe I would wear a ponytail or something else.

Firefox7275
April 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Do you have the tools for a half up? You don't want to be looking down at your notes or documentation and your hair falling in your face.

In2wishin
April 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
So, I have a fairly important interview today with the regional manager at the store I'm applying at. The dress code is fairly casual, but I'm still worried about how I should wear my hair. Would it be a bad idea to wear it down, even if that's how it looks best right now? I scrunch-dried it, so it's fairly wavy/curly.

I think a ponytail with a simple headband would look nice, not too fussy, and would keep the hair out of your face.

Malibu Barbie
April 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I'd wear a smart french twist.

dorkfish
April 14th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I am from Portland and the last time I was there, it seemed that a very natural approach was the norm. Not to much fuss. A Ponytail really sounds good.

Miss Catrina
April 14th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I don't see anything wrong with wearing it down. Your hair isn't long enough freak out ignorant people yet, anyway. :p

x0h_bother
April 14th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I have an important presentation and wondered the same thing. If I wear it up, I feel I don't look as good. If I wear it down, I might play with it or it might fall in front of me. I used to do half up as my go-to. I decided I am doing half up with a barrette, the barrette is metal clasp with a fake tortise shell bar accross. I think it makes me look teacherly. Like with this http://img.thefind.com/images/VQBb8Drq5jSGaQyT_zUxZKQm5pRkxCfmpcQnpSaWllQyZJSUFF jp66cmV-hl5iampxbrJuYmVuXn6SXn5-pDRPQ99Y0Mg7N1cyxNcit89LIK0hkYAA**?m=1&g=1 and this style
http://www.zannclip.com/images/photos/IMG_3925_big.JPG.
Good luck!

Bucatini
April 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Wear it however you are most comfortable so that you will be at your best. If that means down, then let it be down. It looks long enough to stay mostly behind your shoulders anyway. They're hiring you, not your hair. Good luck!

Cholera
April 14th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Hey guys. Thanks so much for your input! I went with a soft messy bun.