PDA

View Full Version : Hair Help ASAP!

Gwen
April 14th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have an issue and I hope you guys can help me out: I have a fashion show tomorrow and Saturday night, and they will be doing my hair. Last night at rehearsals they did a couple of girls' hair (just as a trial run before the big night), and OH.MY.GOD. If they do to me what they did to those girls, my bleach blonde hair WILL fall out or I'll have to cut it all off. They curled, then teased and knotted this girls long brown hair so much, that it looked like she had a short bob that was knotted on her head!

Here's where I need you: Is there anything I can do to protect my hair before I go on Friday? Keep in mind that they want product-free hair. A little bit is ok, but they'd prefer nothing in your hair. Should I condition madly? I will definetly be telling them my issue with teasing and knotting though.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Gwen

pepperminttea
April 14th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Could you do your own hair? Or wear a cheap wig and keep your real hair safe underneath? If not, I'd mix up an SMT after the show, and then do a full S&D session to trim off the worst of the damage.

Firefox7275
April 14th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Do you have to let them backcomb your hair at all? :( Hairspray applied to an upside down head can give you big hair in the short term. Otherwise maybe use lots of Triple Nutrition if you have it, it seems to be the one product everyone agrees gives lots of slip. Some are also using it diluted as a leave-in which you could try.

Mesmerise
April 14th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Hmm if I were you I'd ask them very respectfully not to do anything like that to your hair! Explain that your hair is very damaged and that you don't want them to use any heat, or any teasing or loads of product that will damage it.

Gwen
April 14th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I'm sorry, I don't understand all the abbreviations, lol Can you explain a little? I really want to avoid any cutting and trimming of my hair. It's short enough!

Yes, I certainly plan on telling them that my hair is already damaged and by backcombing and applying heat will most definetly destroy my hair.

Unfortunetly, I cannot wear a wig. They're professionals and hopefully they understand.

Gwen

Firefox7275
April 14th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I'm sorry, I don't understand all the abbreviations, lol Can you explain a little? I really want to avoid any cutting and trimming of my hair. It's short enough!

Yes, I certainly plan on telling them that my hair is already damaged and by backcombing and applying heat will most definetly destroy my hair.

Unfortunetly, I cannot wear a wig. They're professionals and hopefully they understand.

Gwen

SMT = Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment ( mix of conditioner, aloe vera, honey)
S&D = search and destroy (snip split ends/ white dots) :)

Loads of useful information including abbreviations in the 'New Start Here' section (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=32573).

Loepsie
April 14th, 2011, 08:04 AM
If I were you I'd oil like crazy. Do an overnight oil treatment today, then apply some more tomorrow before you go to the show and do another full oil treament afterwards. And of course try to negociate with the hairdressers.
Good luck on the hair and the fashion shows! =)