PDA

View Full Version : Application of honey

thisischristine
April 14th, 2011, 04:06 AM
I have heard a few times on here about using honey, I think to lighten the hair? How would you go about applying it? Is it diluted in water like a vinegar rinse, or would you just smear it on all sticky??

I have henna on my hair and would like to lighten slightly, but I don't want it enough to use anything damaging!

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I have tried to search it but I've come up with nothing!

Brief history:
November 2010 Hair bleached to smithereens
December 2010 found LHC, had it dyed dark brown in salon
January 2011 started using lush henna in caca rouge. Condition is better than before bleaching!:cheese:

Alvrodul
April 14th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Information on honey lightening is here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=61).:) There is also a thread on using sun-in that you might find to be of interest here.

thisischristine
April 14th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Thanks. I've had a look at the article and it led me to a pictures thread of results. I couldn't perceive any difference in the before and afters, so I think I will leave it alone!!

Firefox7275
April 14th, 2011, 07:13 AM
You might try cinnamon lightening, there are a couple of threads on that over on the 'Henna & Herbal Haircare' board if you run a search.