PDA

View Full Version : frustrated

vidgrl007
June 15th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I know i'm not the only one with shoulder length hair.I guess i'm just a little flustered because it feels like I've been at this length forever:rolleyes:.Does any feel the same way?Iguess I just needed to vent:),Thanxs for listening :).

girlcat36
June 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Yes, totally frustrated here! I am halfway to BSL, but today my hair(curly) shrunk up to a very short-looking shoulder length. I have been at 22" for AGES. I color my hair and I can tell if it's not growing when I don't see a good amount of roots. I haven't been noticing much roots lately.

vidgrl007
June 15th, 2008, 11:00 AM
your hair is beautiful:blossom: girl cat.I guess as the old saying A watched pot never boils, can go for hair Watched hair never grows:D:cheese:.

sibylla
June 15th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I know the feeling!Luckely that time has passed for me but it seems like only yesterday...

Think about that your hair grows 35 m per day (facts from rapuntselsdelight.com).

Now at that length you have the possibility to nurture your hair into good health. The passing of time is a wondeful thing when you want to grow long hair...

girlcat36
June 15th, 2008, 12:27 PM
your hair is beautiful:blossom: girl cat.I guess as the old saying A watched pot never boils, can go for hair Watched hair never grows:D:cheese:.

Thank you! :)

Naluin
June 15th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Nope, I'm with you. I've been shoulder length for three months, I think. At least, when I'm in the shower it's shoulder length. It's super curly, so when it dries, it shrinks up to barely chin length!

I know it's growing, but most days, it just doesn't look like it... at all. :rolleyes:

skeena
June 15th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I feel like my hair hasn't grown since I chopped 3-4" off in February. It is at the same spot it was then and I'm so frustrated. I thought by now I'd have the unhealthy length I'd cut off back, and I don't.

MoldyCake
June 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Word. I am at BSL and it just isn't growing! Its making me desperate, I am actually looking into extensions.

curly girl fla
June 15th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I've always wanted long hair, and have lurked here for awhile. Now that I am very serious about growing it out, it seems to be staying at right above bsl forever. It was longer, but I had a Deva cut done a couple of months ago. It was the best cut I could ever get for my curly hair, but even the minimal amount of chopping seemed to take off mega-inches. I am in awe of the curlies especially who can manage to obtain great lengths. It is so darn humid here, that mine seems to shrink daily rather than grow-but it is healthy, so I can't do too much more but wait...It's nice to know I'm not alone....

amaiaisabella
June 15th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Right there with you! I've been stuck at this length since I trimmed in February. But my roots from coloring have grown out a lot so... I don't know :confused: I keep hoping I will wake up one morning and it will have gone through a huge growth spurt or something! :)

paper
June 15th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Yes, my hair is shoulder length and frustrating. It's been that length for awhile, because I let it grow that length then been cutting off layers. :yawn:

chrissy-b
June 15th, 2008, 11:16 PM
My hair is at shoulder length too (when it's wet) and I'm getting impatient. I stopped dying my hair in January so I can't see the growth like I used to, and while dying was really bad for my hair, it was nice to be able to actually see progress.

The only thing that's keeping me going is wearing it up everyday, no matter what. Since I'm not cutting it until January of next year, I think I almost have to wear it up to keep me from trimming.

Katze
June 16th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I've been cutting bleach/heat damage and wispy, thin layers for as long as I've been on LHC, so my hair has grown from shoulder to 'almost-BSL' several times, then has been trimmed.

It is really frustrating to see how fast other peoples' hair grows when mine really never seems to get longer than APL with a thick hemline. My latest avatar pic is an attempt to show myself that it IS getting thicker and longer, even if it's taken 4 years to go from shoulder to BSL.

I'm thinking of cutting the last 2 straggly, see-through inches, though my goal is for the thick part to reach waist, and those thin ends seem to protect the rest.

it is hard, but you are NOT alone! :flower:

FrannyG
June 16th, 2008, 09:31 AM
There seem to be certain stages of growth that seem to last forever. I had that with shoulder length and before my cut, it seemed like a horrible wait from BSL to waist.

All I can tell you is that you will soon be coming to a stage when your growth suddenly becomes more noticable. Until then, just take care of your hair, put it up, and try not to think about it.

I think just about everyone here can feel your pain. It won't last long though. :flowers:

Gothic Lolita
June 16th, 2008, 09:34 AM
In my opinion, shoudler lenght is really annoying. Gladly I never had is that short, but my boyfreind let is hair grow out and he seemed to stay for nearly a year at that stage. Of course is was growing (I could see his roots...) but his hairs were always laying on his shoulders so it took several more inches to really look like it was past shoulder.

But: Once they're past this stage it seemes like they've grown over night frowm shoulder to shoulder blade!

vidgrl007
June 16th, 2008, 10:29 AM
There seem to be certain stages of growth that seem to last forever. I had that with shoulder length and before my cut, it seemed like a horrible wait from BSL to waist.

All I can tell you is that you will soon be coming to a stage when your growth suddenly becomes more noticable. Until then, just take care of your hair, put it up, and try not to think about it.

I think just about everyone here can feel your pain. It won't last long though. :flowers:
It does seem like a horrible wait.txs,the growth cant come soon enough:)

In my opinion, shoudler lenght is really annoying. Gladly I never had is that short, but my boyfreind let is hair grow out and he seemed to stay for nearly a year at that stage. Of course is was growing (I could see his roots...) but his hairs were always laying on his shoulders so it took several more inches to really look like it was past shoulder.

But: Once they're past this stage it seemes like they've grown over night frowm shoulder to shoulder blade!

Omg,please dont tell me its going to take me almost a year to see progress.my hair seems to grow soo slow,lol.Oh well im the one who let the stylist razor the heck outta my hair.Dont ask what I was thinking:rolleyes:
txs all for the words of encouragement:cheer:

LynnM
June 16th, 2008, 10:49 AM
It DOES seem to take forever! Mine is a little past my shoulder, maybe almost to my shoulder blades. I find that caring for my hair helps it grow (damaged ends don't help!), but right now I'm stuck because of pregnancy hair woes (I get BAD hair when pregnant, not good hair!). But then family and friends comment on how long my hair is getting? I think we also get used to a certain length (like we get used to anything else) and don't notice until it really is noticeable to us. I measure growth by my bangs - how long they've grown. Sometimes taking pictures helps, too, to see that minute difference that we didn't notice. :wink:

:shrug: Something like that. It is frustrating!! Hang in there! It will eventually get there....

Blueneko
June 16th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Shoulder length is the worst length ever. It is longer-but-not-long. It takes about 9 months of ignoring your hair completely then it is past your shoulders and you will never have to look back again!

Right now I am lamenting BSL, but honestly, once you can't see it at your shoulders, the time goes by faster.

bex487
June 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I have hair below my collar bone, and it's taking forever to grow longer! I can't wait to hit APL but I feel like I've been at this length for a long time. Probably seeing all the lovely long hair on this board isn't helping. :p

sweetlidlred
June 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM
My hair is at shoulder length also and it has been that way for months. I think because when I was almost shoulder, I was so excited and now it is shoulder, and I am just waiting for it to get past shoulder. I am just wearing a ponytail everyday and hopefully it will be APL soon!

curly girl fla
June 16th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I apologize-my ignorance is showing here, but what length is APL? I sat here for 2 days thinking about what it stands for, but I got nothin'....

jojo
June 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
It is really frustrating to see how fast other peoples' hair grows when mine really never seems to get longer than APL with a thick hemline. My latest avatar pic is an attempt to show myself that it IS getting thicker and longer, even if it's taken 4 years to go from shoulder to BSL

your hair looks beautifully long Katze in your avatar picture, you look a solid BSL if not longer, your it seems is starting to thank you for looking after it! Well done xx

freznow
June 16th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I apologize-my ignorance is showing here, but what length is APL? I sat here for 2 days thinking about what it stands for, but I got nothin'....

Armpit length. Try this: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10

HaiirPEACE
June 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM
im having this problem too
good luck! =[

curly girl fla
June 16th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks so much for the link, freznow. I truly appreciate the help :-)

30isthenewblack
June 16th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I feel very frustrated today as well. My hair is growing steadily and I can see the progress but it just looks so limp and lifeless. It seems the more I take care of my hair, the worse it looks. I am on a c/o routine & putting shea butter on the ends of the hair. I also got my hair dyed with a half a head of foils to get my hair a nice chocolate brown colour & my hair is black!!! The foils give my hair volume & I can't see them. It looks like I've got a block colour. I love paying $200 to get my hair looking like my natural colour. I've left two messages for the hairdresser. By the time she rings me back, I will be really furious! My hair wax has been discontinued & I haven't found a suitable replacement. All I have been doing is putting my hair up because it looks SO bad .... grrrr

Mitzy
June 17th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Yeah, right there with you. I am at 20 inches, that is the longest I have been since before I had kids (and they are all over 25) so I should be thrilled, but...
It doesn't look too good to me, right now, either because I am growing out layers, so it seems scraggly on the ends to me, although I think it probably looks better than I think. People at work and especially my husband keep tellling me how long it is getting and how nice it looks. I don't wear it up all that often because it is cold at work and I need the warmth, but come summer I will be wearing it up a lot, so it will be a good length by the time warm weather gets here. Or so I keep telling myself.At least mine grows the standard 1/2 inch per month.
Le sigh.

vidgrl007
June 17th, 2008, 06:30 AM
well my hair seems to be doing a little better tdy,Last nite I washed and decided not to condish,after a I towel dried I added cocanut oil to my ends.

peachy.pudding
June 17th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I understand, i have a fringe that i have been growing out, and whilst the rest of my hair has grown like lightening my fringe still falls around my neck!!! So annoying!