PDA

View Full Version : Pointy head?

monsterna
April 13th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Does anyone else here have a pointy head? Or feel they do? I feel like I do.

It's hard to explain. My right side is the side that always looks good. The hair has volume and has a nice shape to it that doesn't suction to the shape of my skull. The left side, however, is my worst. The hair will fall flat again my skull and it has a bumpy, less than "spherical" or volumized shape as the other side. It's like my head goes up to a point, as is normal, but it just slopes back down at the back at an angle. It's not noticeable on the right side, just the left.

It's REALLY hard to explain. It's nothing super dramatic that others would notice (I don't think?), but I notice it. It makes my hair styling take 30 minutes sometimes, and that's just wearing it down or in a half up some days! I need more volume and I try to primp it up in the back near the ponytail band, but it doesn't help. I still look like a neanderthal in my opinion. :o

I see all these cute updos and half ups, and I can't do it 95% of the time. That 5% is sheer luck if it happens! It just wants to take the shape of my skull, instead of flowing out and having a nice shape which makes my features look thinner, instead of bigger and awkward. Does anyone else have this issue???

telegraph64
April 13th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Well, dear, I can assure you it is nothing like the coneheads !! ;)

However, I know this problem too well. I usually do what I can to achieve volume with my hair, in half-up dos, by pushing the front part "forward" a bit before securing the half-up, and securing the "forward" section with a type of non-damaging barette that does not pinch the hair. It's very difficult to describe.

SpeakingEZ
April 13th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Although my head is pretty symmetrical, it's rather "pointy." I've found the best thing to do is part my hair on the side. If your hair carries a certain bounce to it, the style might decrease the peak a bit.