PDA

View Full Version : Men with long hair

Tefnut
April 13th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Do you like men with long hair? or just on yourself? Personally I prefer men with long hair have since I can remember.

vanillabones
April 13th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I kind of don't. On rare occasion yes it really depends on the person's personal style/'look' aka if it just fits to them or not. DBF tells me sometimes he'd like to grow his hair maybe close to shoulder since he's never had long hair and just wants to once but I ask him not to until mine can at least be longer, his grows like weeds :p Also he would look too young with it.
But to me I like men having longer hair if it's matched with some facial hair, that is nice :)

Tefnut
April 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM
You should check out a guy called Herman Lee from the band Dragonforce he has awesome hair and is fit hehe

Allar
April 13th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I hope many of you girls would like men with long hair, but maybe my point of view is a bit biased :D

Kherome
April 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM
No, I do not like long hair on men.

Pifkin
April 13th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I love it. :D I honestly can't remember ever being attracted to a man with short hair.

skyblue
April 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM
oh yes I love long hair on men! My hubby has beautiful blond/gray thick hair, it's about mid back length, I think men with long hair are so sexy and rugged looking

celebriangel
April 13th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Long hair on men is *awesome*. Er, if they take care of it. DBF has beautiful hair, rich dark brown, thick as can be, a few inches longer than mine.

I also know a guy - shockingly attractive - with long, wisp-thin straight blond hair to midback. It's lovely, and goes very well with his face (the cheekboney model thing).

Themyst
April 13th, 2011, 06:53 PM
You should check out a guy called Herman Lee from the band Dragonforce he has awesome hair and is fit hehe

Oh my, thank you very much for that. :heartbeat

Dragon
April 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I like long hair on guys.

xoerincolleen
April 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I don't, really. When I think of "long hair on a guy" though I think of a lax bro with a lot of flow haha, not a guy with hair as long as mine. I would most likely not be attracted to that. I like guys with more clean-cut hairstyles.

gogirlanime
April 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I don't prefer it, but I do think it is nice. I like men with all sorts of different hair lengths from bald to really long. I think it just matters that it suits your look/personality. I do love me a good-looking Native American man WHEW!

MaryRose
April 13th, 2011, 07:55 PM
"I do love me a good-looking Native American man WHEW!"

My thoughts exactly. My husband has a short clean cut look since he is military. He has a lot of Native American descent. Him and all our children have dark, thick, board straight hair. I would love for him to grow it out along with my two boys. But he is not a fan of long hair on men. Boy would he look good though. I like long hair on guys only if they have straight hair. I am not a fan of curly/wavy hair on men.

vanillabones
April 13th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I think I like that clean cut military look the best :) or the other extreme, rugged.

NouvelleNymphe2
April 13th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Love my DH's thick black hair. I can't wait until he can grow it out again!!! Interviewing is keeping it short:(.

Shadow Walker
April 13th, 2011, 08:34 PM
We're the best. ;)

MindBeforeMouth
April 13th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I love guys with long hair. It is hard to find a guy my age with long hair thought. But, I always find that the guys im attracted to have long hair. :)

MindBeforeMouth
April 13th, 2011, 08:39 PM
What does DH mean ???

Syaoransbear
April 13th, 2011, 08:52 PM
What does DH mean ???
Dear(or darn:p) husband.

I don't like long hair on men unless it's dreads. I've never seen a man with long hair in real life(the ones on this site have beautiful hair!) that took nice care of it. The only men in real life I've seen with long hair had quite damaged, tangled hair.

Schmoomunitions
April 13th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Head hair doesn't matter. I just require sideburns!!!!!! Chest hair is a big plus! SIDEBURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fingolphin
April 13th, 2011, 09:18 PM
We're the best. ;)

You got that straight, brotha! ;)

katze666
April 14th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I like long hair on guys, yes. My bf has long hair and beard too.

ashke50
April 14th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I do like long hair on guys (although it is kinda sad the number of guys I meet, especially in IT, who have long hair in a low ponytail all the time. Shame there isn't more they could do with it!)

kouran
April 14th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I also like men with long hair, but I have never seen one in real life...:(

Fingolphin
April 14th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I do like long hair on guys (although it is kinda sad the number of guys I meet, especially in IT, who have long hair in a low ponytail all the time. Shame there isn't more they could do with it!)

Well, there IS more they could do, I think most guys just choose not to because they think they'll be thought of as feminine, which is a shame. Kudos to the guys who buck the trends!

Fingolphin
April 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I also like men with long hair, but I have never seen one in real life...:(

You have never seen a man with long hair in real life??

LocustSpawning
April 14th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I absolutely LOVE long hair on men. It really, really does it for me. Waist length to butt crack length is the perfect length on a man, and if it's black or dark brown... mmmm...

ElvenArchess
April 14th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I've always been attracted to men with longer hair than usual. Especially anywhere from shoulder to BSL. It just gives them a look of prestige and wisdom (when well taken care of), and brings out the "maiden" in me. :p It makes me think of olden times when males were to be strong and noble, riding steeds and defending his honour and his lover; not driving around in some flashy car with the bass cranked up, trying to attract the "easiest" teenage girls that wear trampy clothing to showcase their body because they have such low self esteem they don't believe they have any brains. /rant

But, yes, I have a serious weakness for men with long hair.. I tend to get all blushy and "trying-not-to-stare" but can't help it, then get doubly embarrassed when he catches me gawking at him from a distance with my mouth gaping open... These are real experiences of mine. :oops:

telegraph64
April 14th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I really don't like it very much, unless it is very light blonde and the man is very thin. Something about long, dark hair (meaning "BSL" and beyond) on men, or long hair on chunkier men (not that I have anything against chunk), that I simply don't find very attractive.
I like it between chin and APL, and preferably dark/black. As I said I like blonde when it starts to get much longer.
So I have very high, strict standards. ;);) I like Severus Snape's hair. :D

Fingolphin
April 14th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I've always been attracted to men with longer hair than usual. Especially anywhere from shoulder to BSL. It just gives them a look of prestige and wisdom (when well taken care of), and brings out the "maiden" in me. :p It makes me think of olden times when males were to be strong and noble, riding steeds and defending his honour and his lover; not driving around in some flashy car with the bass cranked up, trying to attract the "easiest" teenage girls that wear trampy clothing to showcase their body because they have such low self esteem they don't believe they have any brains. /rant

I think that I was perhaps born in the wrong century as well. :)

elbow chic
April 14th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I don't really know any men with long hair in real life.

A few older gentlemen around, sure, but hardly anyone from my generation. I don't think it reads as "feminine" so much as "countercultural."

In theory, though, I don't have a problem with it. Once had a huge crush on a boy from my high school with APLish sandy blond hair. Ah, Robert; you never knew how I felt. :wistfulsigh:

ElvenArchess
April 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I think that I was perhaps born in the wrong century as well. :)
I agree. I'm so traditional in the way I like to date and be treated, usually my boyfriends are surprised and tell me I have high standards, but really I'm only expecting gentlemanly manners like opening doors or being kissed on the hand when greeted (that gets me every time, any guy that does that [who isn't just a crafty womanizer] gets charm and charisma points in my book).

Someday, maybe, I'll find my long-haired prince. :p

ilovelonghair
April 14th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Long hair on men is the best, I don't like short hair. Shame society is so discriminating against men. I can't understand why the military allows women to have long hair and men have to have those scary buzz cuts; it looks very aggressive to me, but maybe that is the point of it, shaved off hair looks even more aggressive (but maybe that is just me, I have a phobia for shaven heads)
It is not only the military but also the corporate sector, you don't get hired if you have long hair, a nasty problem.

ElvenArchess
April 14th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I don't really know any men with long hair in real life.

A few older gentlemen around, sure, but hardly anyone from my generation. I don't think it reads as "feminine" so much as "countercultural."

In theory, though, I don't have a problem with it. Once had a huge crush on a boy from my high school with APLish sandy blond hair. Ah, Robert; you never knew how I felt. :wistfulsigh:
I know how you feel; the only men I've seen with shoulder-length or BSL hair around here are in the same family and the youngest brother is ten years my senior. Worst part is, they're like the rich royalty of my town (irony, much); and therefore far too high on the social ladder for a girl who works at Quizno's and lives in a crappy apartment to even fantasize about.

I wish it were more socially acceptable for men to have long hair. I know several men off the top of my head who would look breathtaking if they grew their hair out, but they never will... -accompanying sigh-

ilovelonghair
April 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I wish it were more socially acceptable for men to have long hair. I know several men off the top of my head who would look breathtaking if they grew their hair out, but they never will... -accompanying sigh-

I know what you mean, I mentally often imagine guys with short hair what they'd look with long hair and think they could be very goodlooking but with short hair are just non-descript and wouldn't be noticed (in my opnion that is...)

ElvenArchess
April 14th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I know what you mean, I mentally often imagine guys with short hair what they'd look with long hair and think they could be very goodlooking but with short hair are just non-descript and wouldn't be noticed (in my opnion that is...)
Exactly! That's another thing I love about long hair on men, it in itself is a statement. It's noticeable and shocking, even beautiful. I can stand normal and plain for the most part, but never boring (and to me, boring, for some men, is short hair).

kouran
April 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
You have never seen a man with long hair in real life??

I live in a small conservative city in a small country...:shrug:

I do not mind it though, I'm not that into men, I'm more of a cat lady!:p

Pixystix6
April 14th, 2011, 01:37 PM

Oh yes! I need to find me a hot native with long flowing locks, for some reason I've been attracted to that ever since I can remember. Probably because my dad had long hair when I was young. Psychologically it works..

But long haired men! Woo!

Paladin
April 14th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Men with long hair kick butt. Can't wait to be one again!! :cheese:

pinkbunny
April 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I think I freaked my mom out when I was 8yo and had an obvious crush on Jareth the Goblin King (David Bowie) from Labrynth. Long hair and makeup! :eyebrows:

I do love me a good-looking Native American man WHEW!

Been there, done that. He was nothing but trouble! I think his hair had magickal power over me... lol

We're the best. ;)

And modest, to boot! :p

Shadow Walker
April 14th, 2011, 02:46 PM
And modest, to boot! :p

Of course! :p

EdG
April 14th, 2011, 06:44 PM
We're the best. ;)The few, the proud, the Men of LHC. :cheese:
Ed

Annie Fulton
April 14th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I like long hair on men, but I only if it is properly cared for. I don't like that scraggly, greasy look because that is a big-turn off for me. But nicely nourished long hair on guys is great.

ilovelonghair
April 14th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I agree, too often you see that uncared for look. Some guys seem to think that is fashionable and cool. It is not...

BeccaAngel
April 14th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I love men with long hair, such an attractive thing to me. But I like long hair in general on a man or woman, and that's because I love to style it or play with it. Its just tons of fun!:)

SurprisingWoman
April 14th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I like a man with confidence who presents himself well.

I have seen men with long hair that make me flush... alllllll over my body.

I am married to a man with not a lot of hair and he is incredible.

Confidence, inner strength of self, morals, sense of humor, youthful approach to life while being responsible and meeting his obligations, encouraging others to be their best self....

Those qualities are what REALLY make me swoon.

humble_knight
April 14th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I've always been attracted to men with longer hair than usual. Especially anywhere from shoulder to BSL. It just gives them a look of prestige and wisdom (when well taken care of), and brings out the "maiden" in me. :p It makes me think of olden times when males were to be strong and noble, riding steeds and defending his honour and his lover; not driving around in some flashy car with the bass cranked up, trying to attract the "easiest" teenage girls that wear trampy clothing to showcase their body because they have such low self esteem they don't believe they have any brains.

I don't have a steed :confused: I go on my lil' quests using my loyal 'n' trusty rail ticket, or bus ticket :p and, luckily,I found a part of the world where many people still hold onto those old-fashioned ways :)

ElvenArchess
April 14th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I don't have a steed :confused: I go on my lil' quests using my loyal 'n' trusty rail ticket, or bus ticket :p and, luckily,I found a part of the world where many people still hold onto those old-fashioned ways :)
We do what we must to get along in these modern times. :p I wish I could go on a quest... Perhaps some day I'll come up with one and complete it. ...The day I reach BSL! Ooh~ Now I'm all giddy and excited wondering what my quest should be when my hair finally "matures" to that length. :)

bte
April 15th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Head hair doesn't matter. I just require sideburns!!!!!! Chest hair is a big plus! SIDEBURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sideburns?

Will this do?http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/workingsheepdogbte/101541LHC.jpg

Karmi
April 15th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I have a lot of guy friends with very long hair. I always thought men had nicer hair than most women, and for the most part it's true! They just wash and go, no product, no heat, no dyes... Most of those guys have very curly hair, too.

I guess that's what I like about a man, my man in particular, is that he cares just enough about hygiene but he never fusses about his looks. My husband sports a rockin' mohawk, and I have been giving him that hairstyle for nearly a decade. He likes a short 'hawk, kinda buzz cut. It fits him, he loves it and I love it. It's nice and clean. My husband grew his hair out nearly to his shoulders for several years, and he looked very surfer dude. His hair curls little spirals at the end when it gets long. Occasionally, he will grow a few inches out for a less traditional 'hawk, but for the most part he likes to keep it short and tidy. I wouldn't mind if he wanted to grow it out again, I just know he doesn't care much for hair everywhere, or the surfer dude look. Once, I made him get an 80s haircut and he friggin' hated it. It was sort of a mix between a much cooler Duran Duran and Billy Idol. I liked that style on him at the time (he has the perfect hair thickness for it without product), but my husband very much disagreed with being 80s.

Tefnut
April 15th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Guys i've known with long hair they don't do much to it, yet somehow is much nicer than most women with long hair i've seen, which i don't get lol! But yeah

Odie
April 15th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oooooo yes :D

I kid my husband, because he has "little red-haired girl" hair, while mine is stick straight and chocolate brown. It looks awesome on him though :D Long and red and curly.

(oh, and hi, I'm kinda new again - posted here a couple times before, but not often. Came back to find support to not chop my BSL hair!!)

owlathena
April 15th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I like guys with long hair! But there arn't very many of them around here...

RitaPG
April 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
My opinion goes both ways. I love seing long hair on man, and woman, if it's well taken care of. I also think a short haircut can look very nice.
But yes, answering your question without babbling :p I do like long hair on men :)

lillyofthecelts
April 15th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I love long hair on men! I recently convinced my fiance to start growing out his hair because he has never done so before. He has gorgeous very light blond hair, but it is a bit fine so he is getting frustrated with it while its in that horrible "in between" stage where it falls into the eyes and blows around in the wind. I hope he hangs in there, but I love him either way (short hair, long hair, no hair lol)!

Catladyintown
April 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I just had to show you Sampsoneh (http://www.youtube.com/user/Sampsoneh) youtube site. I like his long hair a lot. Big plus he plays the Ukulele and whistle sings.:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bGWDw8wWc

dragonette@1
April 15th, 2011, 11:33 PM
I do love long hair on men, as long as it is kept clean and is well cared for, but I grew up in the 1970's when it was fairly common for young men to have long hair.

My current SO is bald - he chose to shave it all off as he started to lose it. He is confident and sexy too!

txhedgehog
April 15th, 2011, 11:38 PM
It depends on his face, but most men look better with longer hair. It frames the face better, I think.

There are exceptions, though. I know of two men who just did not look right with the longer hair and the shaved head look was far better for them. However, those are far and few.

BlueCanary
April 15th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I kind of don't. On rare occasion yes it really depends on the person's personal style/'look' aka if it just fits to them or not.
This is pretty much me too. There are some. Adrian Paul in Highlander is some good eye candy with the long hair, but, no offense to the guys here, it's rare.

fluffybunny
April 16th, 2011, 03:29 AM
I just had to show you Sampsoneh (http://www.youtube.com/user/Sampsoneh) youtube site. I like his long hair a lot. Big plus he plays the Ukulele and whistle sings.:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bGWDw8wWc

That's nice, now look at this one and be even more amazed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuolXNQZlF8

Catladyintown
April 16th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Thank you Fluffybunny for the link.:) Did you notice how thick Danny braid is. I wonder why men usually have thicker hair then women. I see a lot of men with very thick braids. I wonder if they don't braid their hair to tightly or is just they have extremely thick hair.

Othala
April 16th, 2011, 05:18 AM
I'm feeling serious hair envy looking at Danny and Sampsoneh, LOL.

Also a vaguely erotic feeling as they unravel their braids.......

dfotw
April 16th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Oh yes! I love, *love*, LOVE men with long hair! :cloud9:

(I might have walked into a lampost once turning to watch a guy with gorgeous blond hair that flew behind him as he rode past in his bicycle... :oops: :D)

RitaPG
April 16th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Oh yes! I love, *love*, LOVE men with long hair! :cloud9:

(I might have walked into a lampost once turning to watch a guy with gorgeous blond hair that flew behind him as he rode past in his bicycle... :oops: :D)

:spitting:
The exact same thing happened to me, except it was with a guy I knew, he called me from the other side of the road, I waved and stared like a moron, and the next thing I know, my face hit a lamp pole. :rollin:

AuburnTresses
April 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM
No, I don't like long hair on men.

Shoga
April 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I LOVE long hair on men, especially when they are kindof "scruffy" but still well kept. Like the dudes in the band Northern Kings. Drooooooooooool. So sexy.

But, on the opposite end, I find bald men insanely handsome too. :o :o :o

dfotw
April 16th, 2011, 09:36 AM
The exact same thing happened to me, except it was with a guy I knew, he called me from the other side of the road, I waved and stared like a moron, and the next thing I know, my face hit a lamp pole. :rollin:

Funny thing is, it wasn't the first time it happened to me... and with the same lampost, too! :doh: (the first time wasn't a long hair, but he did look like Sean Bean! :p)

/end thread highjack :D

ilovelonghair
April 17th, 2011, 08:38 AM
At least that was just walking into a lamp post! Once when I admired a guy's hair I stumbled over something, fell and tore the ligament of my ankle.... a high price to pay

Btw: serious hair envy now I have watched those clips. My hair is short and thin :(

Fingolphin
April 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Funny thing is, it wasn't the first time it happened to me... and with the same lampost, too! :doh: (the first time wasn't a long hair, but he did look like Sean Bean! :p)

/end thread highjack :D

Are there now two dents in the pole? Sort of like a memorial? ;)

Ermine
May 29th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Love it! Though it's especially effective when the guy has a strong facial structure and/or facial hair so the long hair doesn't soften out his face too much. I also really like dreads (neat dreads, not a tangled mess), and thick, curly or wavy hair. Thick enough that it looks like it would either need to be kept very short or long to be kept in control. Pretty much everything I don't have. :)

Tuntenut
May 29th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I adore long hair on men! When I'm Emperor of All The World, I will make it illegal for men to get their hair within 3 miles of any sharp objects. :)

I think long (healthy, clean) hair on men gives them an extra aura of confidence. It takes guts to grow past mid back for a man, and I really admire those who do it.

весна
May 29th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I absolutely love long hair on men :crush: (even chin length would do). Where I live, long hair on men is still a bit frowned upon.

LaceyNg
May 30th, 2011, 08:38 PM
i dont think EVERY guy looks best with long hair, but long, well-cared-for hair on MOST guys looks great!

sadly, DH says he's "too old" to have long hair again :(

i said nooooo, hes lucky enough to have that beautiful silky, shiny, asian hair! and he keeps it short! ahhhh! :shrug:

battles
May 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM
My DBF has lovely dark wavy shoulder length hair. It looks wonderful on him. :)

Seeshami
May 30th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I use to search for them but after never finding one I settled for a short haired silly muffin. I love him though and he loves me, now if only I could talk him into growing his hair out. :wigtongue

agoddess2die4
May 30th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I've never really been attracted to long hair on guys, I tend to prefer the clean-cut classic style haircut for men. However, there are some men that I do think look good with long hair. I think most ethnic guys often look great with long hair: Native American, Asian, dark Italians, etc. Maybe it's just because I like dark hair. :p

A great example of a gorgeous man with long hair is Orlando Bloom. Whether he has long blond hair in LOTR or his normal shoulder sweeping locks, he pulls it off well. Though he's also gorgeous with short hair, you can see those amazing cheek bones so much better. Maybe he's just a gorgeous man any way he has his hair.

gthlvrmx
May 30th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I don't really mind, they can look attractive with or without it :)

Mesmerise
May 31st, 2011, 12:08 AM
It doesn't bother me whether men have long hair or short. Although tbh I think I prefer short hair on men. Don't know why :o. However, this wouldn't stop me from being attracted to a man with long hair!

Lunarise
May 31st, 2011, 12:46 AM
Every guy I've ever dated has had long hair! My fiancee has always had shoulder length hair, but recently cut it to get a new job. :( It's quite sad...

slz
May 31st, 2011, 04:22 AM
Long hair is TEH sexy. Oh and bald is right next *luv* .

tigereye
May 31st, 2011, 04:40 AM
I love long hair on men. I think there's a kind of awkward stage around shoulder that depends on their hair type as to how good it looks, but anything below that is just beautiful. I never really thought about it before, but, although I've not met many real longhair guys, all the guys I take a liking to are at least chin-length. I'm just not keen on short hair. Maybe that stems from my own hair-obsession...

Automne
May 31st, 2011, 05:02 AM
Bald, short or long can look handsome but it' s true I prefer when a guy have some hair. I love the guys who have enough personality to grow their hair long, and I like all types of hair.
But it depends on the man, long hair doesn't look good on every guy.

UnicornStars
May 31st, 2011, 06:55 AM
I love men with long hair - always have done ...especially when it's long, dark and well cared for... though they're few and far between around here at the moment :(

JuliaDancer
May 31st, 2011, 07:05 AM

My thoughts exactly. My husband has a short clean cut look since he is military. He has a lot of Native American descent. Him and all our children have dark, thick, board straight hair. I would love for him to grow it out along with my two boys. But he is not a fan of long hair on men. Boy would he look good though. I like long hair on guys only if they have straight hair. I am not a fan of curly/wavy hair on men.

I agree with the curly look not being so great, but it all depends on the look and the guy's style and personality. My ex had shoulder length dark brown hair that was straight with a slight wave, and it looked good on him. He had a thin, angular face, so it kind of had the elven thing going on. He also had really big ears, which the hair hid well. My current boyfriend has short hair, and that's what looks best on him. He also has a semi Jew fro going on if it starts getting too long, but only on the edges of his hairline like a curly crown... it's just barely wavy on the rest of his head. It would look very strange if he were to grow it out... =)

strangemeow
May 31st, 2011, 09:04 AM
men with long hair mmhmm! as long as its not longer than mine, then id get jealous hahaha

mustpannkook
May 31st, 2011, 09:23 AM
Mmm... Everyone finds that I'm weird because I really, REALLY love long hair on guys. Especially when it's brown, shoulder-length (or more) and wavy or curly. *can't stop drooling* Too bad there are no guys around here with such hair...

hyettf16
May 31st, 2011, 01:04 PM

Dragonforce is actually part of my inspiration for growing my hair, lol (not crazy about their music though)
My boyfriend has really curly messy mid-back brown hairr. I love it! Plus he has curly sideburns and a little curly beard, he doesn't shave but it strangely suits him. I think his hair is better than mine but he doesn't even try.

maysum
May 31st, 2011, 01:15 PM
Honestly - not really. That is not to say that on some men I can appreciate it looks very attractive. But nine times out of ten, when I see a super good looking man with long hair I think 'you would be so my type ... if you cut your hair'. Saying all that, shoulder (or indeed longer) length hair, in very exceptional cases - is totally dreamy.

Misti
May 31st, 2011, 01:57 PM
Well, there IS more they could do, I think most guys just choose not to because they think they'll be thought of as feminine, which is a shame. Kudos to the guys who buck the trends!

I think you're spot on, Fingolphin. My husband was pretty resistant to anything but his beloved ponytail until I showed him some phtoos of samuri warriors -- he agreed that there was no one on earth who would call that a feminine look. He now wears a hair stick.

All Natural Mom
May 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM
I am in love with long hair on men, my man has a lot of Native American in him and it shows. He grew out his hair for about a year to his shoulders (yeah it grows like crazy), his hair is beautiful, thick, straight, and with a long beard ahhhhhh....... I have to stop thinking about this now!;)

pinkbunny
June 1st, 2011, 05:47 PM
Is anyone here familiar with Pearl Jam's music video for "Evenflow"? When it was popular on MTV (uh oh, am I dating myself here? lol) my favorite part was a side-angle shot of the drummer whose longer-than-the-seat hair whipped back and forth as he headbanged... *sigh*

cheetahfast
June 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM
I LOVE men with long hair.

battles
June 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Is anyone here familiar with Pearl Jam's music video for "Evenflow"? When it was popular on MTV (uh oh, am I dating myself here? lol) my favorite part was a side-angle shot of the drummer whose longer-than-the-seat hair whipped back and forth as he headbanged... *sigh*

I think it's time to listen to some Pearl Jam. :rockerdud

Sabriel
June 1st, 2011, 07:36 PM
I also love it ;)

ashamanjababu
June 1st, 2011, 07:38 PM
I love long-haired men! Just ask my hubby! :)

Regan
June 1st, 2011, 08:11 PM
I'm quite partial to long hair on men :)

snakewitch
June 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM
I love long hair on men... especially this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hPU9Gx5sRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVfznD7vIX0

I also like my boyfriend's hair... but it's not very long and he wants to cut it already. It's barely longer than his shoulders, but it's cool. He'd still be hot with short hair. I don't think he'd want me posting a picture of him here..

Longfellow
June 2nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
I am a man with long hair. My mom doesn't like it (and she runs through all the excuses about hair care and maintenance taking time, even though her hair is almost as long....so I think it's just sexism) but I'm glad you guys do--even if you're slightly biased ;)

Amber_Maiden
June 2nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
I think i sort of have a ****** for it... I'll be walking down the street and I kind of zone in on guys with long hair... Every boyfriend I've ever had had long hair.... And it's what attracted me to my husband. Sadly, he hasn't taken care of it, and maybe because of his age, its been breaking... so its more like a puff cloud around his head- not an attractive look... So he's getting it cut this weekend, with my blessing, because I figure it will fix the damage and he can grow it out again :)

GlassWidow
June 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
My initial response was "not really" but then I really started thinking about it. I like long hair on all of the men I've come across here, but you all wear your hair so nicely, and take good care of it. Unfortunately, the first thing I think of when I hear the phrase "men with long hair" makes me think of the young men who work in my company - under-trimmed and over-gelled (or under-washed. sometimes it's hard to tell).

I feel like before one embarks on a hair growing journey, there should be a basic shape to the hair, so that the hair retains some kind of shape as it grows. Many of the men in my company seem to have grown out uneven cuts and not have not paused along the way to even things out. It just looks unkempt. What I need is some positive male hair role models!

Longfellow
June 2nd, 2011, 04:02 PM
As a boy I never learned how to take care of long hair...and until I was in high school I never had to because I always buzzed my hair. I think good hair care is a skill girls are more likely to learn than boys, even boys who have equally long hair, through lifelong experience and through cultural osmosis.

selderon
June 2nd, 2011, 04:21 PM
My husband was pretty resistant to anything but his beloved ponytail until I showed him some phtoos of samuri warriors -- he agreed that there was no one on earth who would call that a feminine look.

Not more than once. :p

Lollipop
June 2nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
I want to say I do, although I haven't met any guys with nice, long hair. There are a few in between shoulder and APL whose hair is brushed and doesn't look very cared for (one of them used to have the tendency to not shower...). There are a few curly guys with beautifully defined 3c shoulder-length ringlets, which probably strech to APL, and it suits them very well.

On a guy, I think hair is long if it can fit into a ponytail, and I have seen many that look great with shoulder-length hair. Not everyone can pull off the waist length hair though.

Look up a male model named "Bartek Boroweic." Awesome long hair eye candy ;).

All Natural Mom
June 3rd, 2011, 09:42 AM
I love long hair on men... especially this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hPU9Gx5sRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVfznD7vIX0

I also like my boyfriend's hair... but it's not very long and he wants to cut it already. It's barely longer than his shoulders, but it's cool. He'd still be hot with short hair. I don't think he'd want me posting a picture of him here..

FYI: this guy is a member of this forum you can find him under the knee-length thread.

squiggyflop
June 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
no.. i dont like long hair on men.. i like men to look a little unkempt.. long hair looks bad when its unkempt.. when men are too groomed it makes them look a little to feminine.. also in my eyes long hair tends to be a feminine thing.. dont get me wrong, wavy hair to a mans shoulder is fine, but past jesus length no man is getting a kiss from me.. and no im not christian, jesus is just an image everyone has seen before so everyone knows that jesus length is barely shoulder length..

Misti
June 3rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Hmm, I thought I had answered, but I don't see it. I think men and boys with long hair are wonderful. I have only once had a relationship with a man who kept his hair short and that was more than 30 years ago. After that I saw no point in bothering if they didn't wears their hair long. My older sons cut their hair when they grew up, but while they were young, they kept it long. My youngest still has a TBL braid at age 8..

(He will only wear it in abraid and is considering a bun -- but "only a bee butt bun because that's the most masculine".)

AshNight1214
June 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
I'm picky about it. I think it depends on who it is. There are certain people who should just never have long hair (and that's coming from a life-time long hair lover!)

Animae
June 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
I like it. My last BF had shoulder length THICK black hair with a few silvers in it and it was beautiful.

Sunsailing
June 4th, 2011, 03:01 AM
I'm picky about it. I think it depends on who it is. There are certain people who should just never have long hair (and that's coming from a life-time long hair lover!)

I totally agree. But that holds true for both men and women.

beatriz
June 4th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Long haired men are cute. But I just hate when they have long damaged hair, it looks horrible, its like they dont know how to brush and treat their hair. :mad:

C.H.
June 4th, 2011, 04:08 AM
I definitely have a weakness for long hair on guys, always have (I'm thinking of several high school crushes). It doesn't work on every guy, or even most guys, but when it does, whoo! Pretty much irresistable.

I think my preferences are less so for super-long hair on a guy--more in the neck to mid-back range.

AngryVikingGirl
June 4th, 2011, 06:13 AM

How come that there are guys like that all over the world? Once walking with my cousin we saw exactly the same kind of guy riding his bike (actually we can't tell it was a guy for sure, but we think it's quite likely, he (?) was far away and with the back to us). He had about knee lenght blond hair.
And to answer the question, yes, it is awesome to see long hair on a guy. Marco Hietala rulez! And vikings, of course. :-P

OneCurlyMan
June 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I would like to provide my opinion as a male with long hair (12 inches when extended).

I have found women, in general, dislike long hair. However, it is not the length that they dislike but the man himself. I have seen men with long hair that didn't take care of themselves: fat, bad skin, bad clothes, they would look bad whether they had long or short hair. Unfortunately, most men with long hair tend to gravitate towards the not-looking-so-good side as they focus all their efforts in their hair, putting aside looking after other aspects (physical and emotional). I am pleased to find in this forum that the men here do not fit this bill but then, I don't know to what extent the men on this board represent your average long haired dude.

IMO, long hair is a double edged sword, it will amplify the perceived beauty of its wearer. A good looking man with good looking long hair is highly sought by women, not so much a fat, smelly man with good looking long hair. Long hair makes a man stand out immediately, so he better be looking the part as all eyes will be on him.

Sorry for the crude opinion but that is how I see it.

MagicAndMayhem
June 5th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I love long hair on guys. Weirdly enough, I prefer my boyfriend with his shorter hair now as opposed to the longer hair he had a month ago that was down to his shoulders.

C.H.
June 5th, 2011, 02:47 AM
I would like to provide my opinion as a male with long hair (12 inches when extended).

I have found women, in general, dislike long hair. However, it is not the length that they dislike but the man himself. I have seen men with long hair that didn't take care of themselves: fat, bad skin, bad clothes, they would look bad whether they had long or short hair. Unfortunately, most men with long hair tend to gravitate towards the not-looking-so-good side as they focus all their efforts in their hair, putting aside looking after other aspects (physical and emotional). I am pleased to find in this forum that the men here do not fit this bill but then, I don't know to what extent the men on this board represent your average long haired dude.

IMO, long hair is a double edged sword, it will amplify the perceived beauty of its wearer. A good looking man with good looking long hair is highly sought by women, not so much a fat, smelly man with good looking long hair. Long hair makes a man stand out immediately, so he better be looking the part as all eyes will be on him.

Agreed. Very interesting observations.

RitaPG
June 5th, 2011, 05:46 AM

You make a really good point. Long hair amplifies someone's potential beauty, but if that person smells and their whole look is wrong and not well cared, it would be a major turn off.
I think this doesn't just work for men, though, if a woman takes bad care of herself and has hygiene issues, who will care if she has great hair?
I've found the same thing here, women (and men) in general, aren't too fond of long hair. There's some sort of wrong idea that long hair is dirty or a sign of lack of care. Probably because, to a certain extent, that is true; some people out there just don't care about it and end up with dirty, uneven ragged hair. I've seen it shudder:
Just like everything else in life. There is good long hair and there is bad long hair. And good long hair, is awesome :D

Scarlet_Heart
June 5th, 2011, 07:24 AM
For some reason I tend to prefer clean cut-men. Although some guys look really good with hair that's somewhere between 5 inches and shoulder. Not sure why that is, being a longhair myself. Like I love Beatnik Guy's hair. He has awesome waves and I can admire it as a fellow longhair, but for whatever reason I am attracted to shorter hair on men.

Chetanlaiho
June 5th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I like long-ish hair, like from chin to shoulder or maybe APL length. I've definitely met a lot of guys with longer hair (that's what you get with metalheads and all ;)) but I don't like it when guys have longer hair than me xD (not just guys though, I can be a bit envious of anyone with longer hair ^^;)

My boyfriend shaves the sides of his head and the middle part (about a third of his hair I think) is getting to chin length now, I think it's awesome but he feels it's getting 'too long' >_>
On a side note he basically has my dream hair (natural deep black, course, thick, fast growing, seriously the chinlength he has now, was not even an inch long a year ago D=)

dmarie63
June 5th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I definitely have a weakness for men with long hair. The three guys in my past that meant the most to me all had long hair, and my fiance had some length when I first met him. 6 months later he cut it since he was getting his degree and had to look like something other than "professor beatnik" as he called it lol. I definitely miss his longer hair.

A lot of my guy friends have long hair too. Their lengths are equal to bobs, flips, and one guy even has waist-length hair! And his hair is super super curly and looks so glorious! :)

gthlvrmx
June 5th, 2011, 10:42 AM

True, true. It's funny how girls went crazy over me when i didn't take care of my hair, looked like crap!
I'm not exactly one to care about how i look though to others to please them, just go with whatever i feel.

Pantha
June 5th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I tend to only find long haired men attractive, perhaps not as long as mine (mid thigh at the moment) but definatly around shoulder to mid back. I find short hair a complete turn off and I can't think of a single time I've been attracted to a guy with a crew cut.

allnight avenue
June 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I'm generally not into it, but I do have a friend with wavy, shoulder-length hair that he definitely takes care of, and "kingly" is the adjective I'd use to describe it!

free_hug
June 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I used to totally love long haired men in my teen years, and then I grew up and started totally dislike long hair on men, and saw it as "sooo not manly", until i got to know that one guy with the native amierican look (tan skin, black eyes, long straight black hair), so i am now discovering how one's taste can change / develop over time ;-)

Katurday
June 5th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I love the right kind of long hair on men... I am not one for straight long hair on men - sorry! Unless we're talking Legolas. DBF is growing out his 3a thick brown curls and every step of the way he looks better and better. :)

Peanutter
June 5th, 2011, 01:25 PM
My BF is trying to grow out his super thick mostly straight hair, but since he keeps having to get it thinned so it doesn't super poof, its taking a really long time to grow out.
He loves metal, and we went to a concert a few weeks ago and got literally assaulted by so much long hair (mostly men's hair). It was funny to me to hear my BF asking some of the guys about their hair and getting tips.
I think he wont like it when its long, as each hair is individually like 3x mine and his hair would probably be a good 6" around when he can pull it all back. He keeps thinking it will lay down and behave (not poof or flip like its starting to do) but I don't think he'll be able to stand it long enough for it to get APL or so and start to lay down.

pinkbunny
June 5th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Look up a male model named "Bartek Boroweic." Awesome long hair eye candy ;).

And he's Polish, too! (I'm half-Pollock) I love his color, it suits him very well...

gthlvrmx
June 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
My BF is trying to grow out his super thick mostly straight hair, but since he keeps having to get it thinned so it doesn't super poof, its taking a really long time to grow out.
He loves metal, and we went to a concert a few weeks ago and got literally assaulted by so much long hair (mostly men's hair). It was funny to me to hear my BF asking some of the guys about their hair and getting tips.
I think he wont like it when its long, as each hair is individually like 3x mine and his hair would probably be a good 6" around when he can pull it all back. He keeps thinking it will lay down and behave (not poof or flip like its starting to do) but I don't think he'll be able to stand it long enough for it to get APL or so and start to lay down.
It gets better past APL, trust me. Tell him to have more patience and love his poof :) I personally think thick hair is better than thin hair. I used to hate my poofy thick hair, but i just wasn't taking care of it and really wasn't embracing my natural hair so now with it layered, thinned, and then losing quite some thickness with an accident, i sure am missing it! Plus, you can do more with long thick hair i think, buns look crazy :)