PDA

View Full Version : Easy updos

joyfulheart18
April 13th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Any easy updos? I just learned how to french braid and I'm looking for other easy updos...(plus links or videos would be great) that I can do to distract myself from checking to see if my hair grew every night. :P

Any suggestions? If there is already a thread like this I apologize.

pepperminttea
April 13th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Seeing as you just learned to French braid, how about Torrin's Masara (a folded French braid) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND5dJXnBs2k)? :) Or if your hair's a bit shorter, you could try a tucked French braid? (Although if your hair really is zero inches, I'm not sure it'll work. ;) )

ladyfey
April 13th, 2011, 03:43 PM
chinese buns, celtic knot buns and a rope braid coiled up into a bun are all easy and pretty. You can find them all on youtube I think. Don't know how long your hair is, but mine is knee length and those all work for me. Also try the rapunzel's resource website for lots of ideas! Just google rapunzel's resource for the site!

Madora
April 13th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Doesn't come much easier than this great vid on YOU TUBE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJYzX4cbXU

joyfulheart18
April 14th, 2011, 06:59 AM
0 inches? Whoops! You had me checking over my back to make sure someone didn't shave my head during the night! :O haha. I'll go and change that. :) Thank you for all your suggestions, I will certainly try them out. The masara looks very cool, and doesn't look too hard...though my hair is much shorter than hers, so it would probably come out looking more like a bun than anything (not that there's anything wrong with that!). :) The chinese updo looks really pretty as well! I will definetely search those other suggestions on youtube and will look up Rapunzels Resource. It also looks as if the youtube account that did the Masara video has more vidoes as well that I will check out. :) Thanks again!

Firefox7275
April 14th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Have you gone through the style tutorials in the Articles section?

joyfulheart18
April 14th, 2011, 07:21 AM
No, I didn't even know about them! I'll certainly check that out, thanks. :)

Firefox7275
April 14th, 2011, 07:59 AM
No, I didn't even know about them! I'll certainly check that out, thanks. :)

I didn't find the Articles section for a while, nor the Reviews - the links are in the bar at the top of the screen, not screamingly obvious unfortunately. :o