PDA

View Full Version : Two-tone hair

aaperez
April 13th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Me and my DBF plan to color our hair to match. :D We both have tail-bone length brown-black hair that is not quite straight, we want to make our bangs dark purple and try to make the rest darker black.:cheese: We are thinking of using bleach on the bangs and manic panic but i would to hear what every one here thinks is there some thing that might work better also my hair damages quickly :(

Roscata
April 13th, 2011, 03:25 PM
If your hair is prone to damage and you plan to bleach it, I suggest you do an overnight coconut oiling and then bleach the still oiled hair. More info here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10495&highlight=coconut+peroxide

Good luck! :D

pepperminttea
April 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Purple bangs sound awesome! Just bleaching the bangs shouldn't cause you any big problems, and a pre-treatment with coconut oil should help, but seeing as they're trimmed so much more than the rest of the hair, any damage will be cut off before you know it. :)

McFearless
April 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM
If you trim you bangs and plan to keep the hair there short I see no problem with bleach. Manic Panic doesn't damage hair as far as I know so you guys should be safe. Post pics!!

BunnyBee
April 13th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Just remember to do a patch test and watch for signs of allergy for 48 hours afterwards before using any dye/bleach, even if you've used the product before.

aaperez
April 14th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Thanks roscata i'll look at that

Firefox7275
April 14th, 2011, 04:23 AM
If you save hair from your brush or plughole you can do strand tests with bleach so you know how long to leave it and how much damage you might cause. I permanently dye my hair, and do notice more shedding than a normal wash. Last month I only coloured half (not the ends) and lost almost no hair. I think this is down to how I section, as the ends tend to get tangled as you comb over to one side then the other. You may find this is more of a problem with your super long hair.

aaperez
April 17th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the help guys my dbf and i both have supper long bangs so i'll use ya'll ideas to help keep them looking good ^_^

psychobilly5
April 17th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I bleach my hair out to have two toned hair. Bleach will damage your hair but I find that the manic panic tends to make your hair feel a bit better after it's been put in and rinsed out. Not sure if it's really doing anything but it seems to help. Also a tip I found is to wait until the hair is dry before putting manic panic in. Otherwise the color wont be as vibrant.

Siaraven
April 25th, 2011, 12:58 PM
How did it go? Can we see photos pleeease? :)

Roscata
April 26th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks roscata i'll look at that

No problem. :D

aaperez
May 5th, 2011, 11:07 PM
We have not had the chance to do it yet :( we just made it a goal of ours to have it done to celebrate out two month aniversery in one month so i'll post photos soon after that :cheese: