PDA

View Full Version : Sunsilk Fabolous Shine

CurlAhead
April 13th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Hi guys! I am just wondering if this conditioner has mineral oils in it? I know it has silicones, but I am more concerned about the mineral oils.
It smells wonderful, and it seemed to make my hair pretty soft after I used shampoo, deep conditoner, conditioner and finished with this sunsilk conditioner.

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimenthiconol, Stearamidopropyl Dimenthylamine, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Parfum, TEA-Dodecylbehensenesulfonate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Pearl Powder, Maris Sal, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Dosidium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Magnesium Nitrarte, Magnesium Chloride, D Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, CI 16255, CI 60730

Jcv-Shelley
April 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I don't see any mineral oil but I do see some cones and sulphates. Their is also fragance/parfum and Linalool is a kind of alchohol usually extracted from plants. Phenoxyethonal is a preservitive and a topical antiseptic. That's all that caught my eye on the list. :)

CurlAhead
April 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thank you :D

celebriangel
April 13th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Sodium Hydroxide? That's...well, depending on dilution, that's an *exceedingly* strong alkali. I thought hair liked mildly acidic pH? I mean, it could be there to counted the excessive acidity of the other ingredients...but I personally wouldn't put that on my hair.

CurlAhead
April 16th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Sodium Hydroxide? That's...well, depending on dilution, that's an *exceedingly* strong alkali. I thought hair liked mildly acidic pH? I mean, it could be there to counted the excessive acidity of the other ingredients...but I personally wouldn't put that on my hair.

shudder:
Okay, I just had a little left so I threw it away....washed it away with SLS-shampoo and used products that were approved according to the CO-method!

Anje
April 16th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Oh, the sodium hydroxide is way after the first preservative. My guess is that they just needed to bump the pH up a smidge to make it be in a better range for hair and scalp. If it doesn't burn on your skin, I don't think there's going to be enough to hurt you. I certainly wouldn't worry about it in any commercial product. Maybe in freshly made cold-process soap or shampoo bars that haven't had enough time to finish saponifying, but no problem in a commercial product.