PDA

View Full Version : The Marshmallow Game

PhillyGirl1978@
June 15th, 2008, 08:38 AM
This is just an odd observation and I wondered if I am the only person that would be thinking this way because I am so into my hair.

I love The Ellen show, on that show she plays this game with the audience to win great prizes called the Marshmallow Game. They put this huge rubber band like thing over their head so it comes just under their nose, they put their hands behind their backs and try to reach these marshmallows on a string in front of them with their mouths. Ok so most of the people playing are psyched because they could win trip or other great prizes, I cringe when I see them play this game because of what it must do to your hair. If I was ever in her audience I would never play this game because when they go for the marshmallow and the rubber band inevitably tries to snap off and come off the top of their head I can imagine all the hair that must break and come out while they play. Has anyone seen this game, do you have the same thoughts?

FrannyG
June 15th, 2008, 08:49 AM
No, I've never seen that game, but believe me, I have similar thoughts when I watch a lot of shows on TV. :) (Or watch DD19 brush her hair. :silly:)

PhillyGirl1978@
June 15th, 2008, 08:56 AM
It's crazy! Most would think about what they could get and I'm think, what would it do to my hair. Honestly though even before I had long hair, when I was a little girl, I always wanted it long and care was always important to me. I used to watch my cousin rip through her long straight think hair and think of the damage she must be doing. But that marshmallow game would just rip it so bad!!!

Who is DD19?

Isilya
June 15th, 2008, 09:16 AM
FrannyG means her 19 year old daughter :)

PhillyGirl1978@
June 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Oh, ok....thanks!

yogachic
June 16th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I've seen this but I can't look because the way its digging into their face and nose.

I've seen the chinese version and they put it on their nose. Ouch!!!

Starr
June 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I've seen this but I can't look because the way its digging into their face and nose.

I've seen the chinese version and they put it on their nose. Ouch!!!

Geez! And people actually play this game for fun?:confused:

PhillyGirl1978@
June 17th, 2008, 06:09 PM
They play it to win stuff and be on t.v.

kwaniesiam
June 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
You'll notice that with being an LHCer comes lots of odd hair observations you'd never have been aware of before. I cringe when I see people rip through their hair with a brush, yank on sharp metal elastics with broken hairs wound tightly around them, etc.