PDA

View Full Version : Share you experiences: Growing Out Permanent Color

ncgal25
April 13th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Im going Natural - This will be the first time Ive ever had to grow out permanent hair color....Up til 3 months ago I was using semi-perm, but after a friend tried a demi perm on me -- my gray roots turned pink - so I went to the salon for a corrective color & she used Loreal professional permanent.

Im a little worried about this process - Please share your experiences.:)

ncgal25
April 14th, 2011, 02:19 AM
No replies? :-(

MonaLisa
April 14th, 2011, 02:30 AM
How different the color is from your natural?

I had mine colored black by also loreal permanent, and it washed off and faded into my dark brown in time, so now i can't even see difference although i think i have like 10cm of natural hair from the roots for sure. You only can tell difference in quality:)

So I'd say color it to something close to your natural and take good care of it. It shouldnt be such a problem, as with bleach and stuff I guess.

-j-
April 14th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I have been growing permanent dye out for 2 years now. I have dark brown hair naturally, and it was dýed violet. The dye doesn´t actually go away very soon, because I am not trimming my hair at all. So the ends are violet and will be for a long time, but it doesn´t bother me :)

Siiri
April 14th, 2011, 03:11 AM
I used to dye my hair black with a permanent dye for years. Then I got fed up with the blond roots, and wanted to see my real colour, so I went to a salon and had it bleached and dyed to light coppery brown, which was as close to natural as they could get it. My hair was cut from APL to short shag. There was so many layers of old dye in my length, that it would have needed several bleaches to get even colour that would have been close to my natural colour, and then my hair would probably just have fallen off. So I decided to cut it short and keep it short until the dye grow out. Anyways, it would have been difficult to get the hair colour I have naturally with a dye. I had my hair coloured just that one time, after that I just went to get my hair cut. After the first cut I had it cut into shorter pixie. It took about 6 months to grow the colour out, but I'm glad I cut it off, I wouldn't have the patience to keep and maintain a bleached and damaged length.

I think there is another thread about this too somewhere on the mane forum, you might want to check that out.

EDIT: here is the thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51155

Firefox7275
April 14th, 2011, 03:49 AM
There is a long growing out colour support thread here :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51155