PDA

View Full Version : My hairy thought today!

MonaLisa
April 13th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Alright, so this is kind of a game, inspired by discovering all the fun games there in the offtopic:cheese:
Reason I didn't start the topic there is that i think this isn't offtopic! But if you think i made mistake, feel free to move this where it should be :o

So, tell us first thing that crosses your mind when you think of your hair today! Quick and honest.

The next person comments/replies only to the person above and shares his/her own hairy thought of the day!

I'll start....

I want to learn to make the sock bun:rolleyes:

cuticom
April 13th, 2011, 04:54 AM
I'm glad I got it cut as it's soo much thicker, but I'd like to grow past my shoulders now thanks....

TakeAPotatoChip
April 13th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I want a 2nd opinion on whether my hair is voluminous or just 'poofy' :\

|Xei
April 13th, 2011, 05:35 AM
The roots are kind of oily, but oh my gosh, it feels so smooth from that treatment I did four days ago.

nobeltonya
April 13th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I wish I knew more updos [that would turn out like they're supposed to, and that I can do myself].. I just have it in a basic bun at the moment. :P Note to self: learn to french braid my own hair [I know how to do it, just not on myself]

vanity_acefake
April 13th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Good luck with the french braiding.
When should I wash this Argan oil out of my hair?
Ach, tomorrow will do!

tinti
April 13th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Vanity acefake, I have no idea :p Guess tomorrow is fine though :D
I NEED to find some styling options other than claw clip and sloppy half pulled through messy bun thing :p

Elleyena
April 13th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Tinti - Might I suggest a half up/half down look? Those waves in your hair would look gorgeous loose, and the bun would set it off. I tend to use the Split bun and take a couple of the loose strands from the front and twist them into the bun :)

Hmm...I'm contemplating starting the Morrocan method of trimming by the moon for length tomorrow. Think it might work for me?

wvgemini
April 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Now I remember why I don't like the Garnier TN Hair mask stuff ... the fruit pit/sand grainy stuff. Humph. But my hair is really soft now. Double humph.

pepperminttea
April 13th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Elleyena: If you need a trim anyway, it can't hurt to see if the moon phases do anything for you. :)

If I keep S&Ding, will there ever be a point when I can't find splits? (Ah, that'd be nice.)

krissykins
April 13th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Should I use jojoba oil in my braid today? There's a shortage... I could just use coconut :p

LovelyL
April 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I need to wash my hair, my scalp is yearning for it... but I don't want to get wet.

Fingolphin
April 13th, 2011, 08:36 AM
It's annoyingly hanging in my eyes right now.

PiroskaCicu
April 13th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I want to try a new hair style, but I don't know what. Hmmmm.

sibiryachka
April 13th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I'm anxious to try honey lightening - maybe tonight?

spidermom
April 13th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I think S&Ding breeds splits. The more I did it, the more I found.

Why should I care so much about my hair? Life would be so much simpler without it.

Tiina
April 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I am in serious need of a wash. I wonder if that oil mix thing (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/47082323) I have for my skin would be good on hair too...

Lianna
April 13th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Quick and honest? First word I thought: poufy!

Ithildae
April 13th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Should I keep the light hair a bit longer?

lapispimpernel
April 13th, 2011, 12:15 PM
My ends are still! dry! even after a deep conditioning mask and extra oiling. It might be time to quit the no-trim challenge...

Magicknthenight
April 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
lapispimpernel- Maybe its build up and you can try clarifying.
These links help :]
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=44
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=194

Have to wash my hair today because I'm going out. Its been a week but with nightly baths I don't feel dirty at all. Thinking I may try to wear it down with the outfit I'm planning...I used to love it down...now i get frustrated with it after a little while but it looks good down. Hope it drys before I have to leave...

AnnaJamila
April 13th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Silky smooth; I love Garnier Fructise!!! :D

telegraph64
April 13th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Greasy !! I have at least two tablespoons of oil.

SpeakingEZ
April 13th, 2011, 12:52 PM
My hair feels VERY clean this morning. I washed it very well last night and I just laundered the pillowcases the other day.

Another thought: I wish I could trim off the damaged ends already. I'd like to comb my fingers all the way through it without catching on that last inch. But I promised myself I'd stop hacking off tresses until it was long enough to afford some length.

firicia
April 13th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I would like to learn to do scalp massage... maybe I could get my fiance to do it on me sometimes too that would feel nice:)

Nastasia
April 13th, 2011, 02:36 PM
My hair is surprisingly not too greasy, despite not having been washed since Sunday. Perhaps it's adjusting? Or perhaps it's just because I used a different shampoo and conditioner. My hair always loves that first wash with something different.

jojo
April 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM
my hairy thought of the day; why does an inch cut off seem more than a inch grown???

pinkbunny
April 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
jojo - could it be the whole "glass is half empty/full" perspective dilemma?

I should've done a cinnamon lightening today, just like I should've yesterday. Will I procrastinate again tomorrow?

Raging Wolf
April 13th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I wish I knew more updos [that would turn out like they're supposed to, and that I can do myself].. I just have it in a basic bun at the moment. :P Note to self: learn to french braid my own hair [I know how to do it, just not on myself]
Can I suggest trying doing a Dutch braid in your hair? It is technically an inverted French braid that may look absolutely beautiful in your hair.

CurlAhead
April 13th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Oh my gosh I hate my hair! :p:p

Jcv-Shelley
April 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I am getting strangled by frizz (or so it seems) :laugh:

wavyR
April 13th, 2011, 04:10 PM
why is my hair so poofy? ugh

celebriangel
April 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
My hair has seemed in the state of 'it's getting a little greasy, I'll need to wash it tomorrow' for days now! Odd - I mean it's not greasy yet, exactly, there is some oil but it just looks shiny...

I thought after my first CWC wash it was going to get greasy really fast, but no, it's been shiny for days now! :cheese:

Capybara
April 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I really have to remember to use my volumizing spray more often - hello, bouncy hair!

cuticom
April 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
As greasy as my hair is I cannot believe how great my curly bob looks.

nena_shawty
April 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM
i hade a guy friend say my hair was really soft as he kept stroking my hair lol

Fufu
April 13th, 2011, 08:05 PM
just woke up, hair looks frizzy.. still thinking if I need to use leave in serum or just leave it naturally -__-

MonaLisa
April 14th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Fufu -give it some time to settle down :)

Washing it today..Think I'll put castor oil while I'm at work and hope nobody will notice when i put it up:o Hope nobody will ever realise I carry castor oil and wallnut oil in my purse

|Xei
April 14th, 2011, 02:00 AM
UGH! I should have used a little less oil in that treatment earlier. I have a feeling I'll need to wash again tomorrow.

longhairtobe
April 14th, 2011, 11:57 AM
i slept on it sort of damp and now...

i have such an ugly wave pattern going on :-(

pinkbunny
April 14th, 2011, 01:16 PM
longhairtobe - mine does that, too. If I have enough time, I'll mist my hair with water then braid or bun it up while I'm dressing and doing makeup. When I take it back down the waves are re-set!

Fingolphin
April 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Takes so long to grow! It's times like this, in the awkward in-between stages that temptations to cut come creeping in...

tinti
April 14th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I agree, it's pretty awkward. But hang in there, we can do this ;)
Hmmm, should I wash today? Or just oil it? My hair has sucked up all the EVCO I aplayd a couple of days ago! Never happened before, might be the highlights...

Tinti - Might I suggest a half up/half down look? Those waves in your hair would look gorgeous loose, and the bun would set it off. I tend to use the Split bun and take a couple of the loose strands from the front and twist them into the bun

Hmm...I'm contemplating starting the Morrocan method of trimming by the moon for length tomorrow. Think it might work for me?
Thank you Elleyena, that's a good idea! Also half ups makes doing buns easier.

CathyEarnshaw
April 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I love my hair today. I washed it yesterday and it feels so nice. I'm wearing it down today...I usually wear it up. It feels so good against my neck and back.

WaitingSoLong
April 14th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I wonder how much grass is in my bun from mowing for the first time this year today.

CathyEarnshaw...ahhh yes, the velvety feel of hair on skin...few things compare.

wvgemini
April 14th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Why did I use hairspray today? I never use hairspray. But I wanted my Gibson Tuck to be nice and stable. So I sprayed. And now that hair is all stiff.

AuburnTresses
April 14th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I want my hair shorter (but not short). I'm tired of sitting back in a chair and getting it caught between me and the chair...

jojo
April 14th, 2011, 06:33 PM
hairy thought of the day; do not measure until May 8th........resist!

dollface
April 14th, 2011, 08:30 PM
i should take up whittling so that i can make wooden hair toys to my exact specifications, and i should wash my hair but i won't today since i want a few more days of vibrant red.

Annie Fulton
April 14th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I am due for a trim! Though I have been putting it off.

constancev18
April 14th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Dear Hair,

Surprise me with a thick hemline come August.

longhairtobe
April 14th, 2011, 10:23 PM

longhairtobe
April 14th, 2011, 10:26 PM
longhairtobe - mine does that, too. If I have enough time, I'll mist my hair with water then braid or bun it up while I'm dressing and doing makeup. When I take it back down the waves are re-set!
That's a great idea! i didn't have time this morning as I had a 7:30am organic chemistry lecture but i will definitely try that next time. Thanks! :-)

AnqeIicDemise
April 14th, 2011, 10:33 PM
That's a great idea! i didn't have time this morning as I had a 7:30am organic chemistry lecture but i will definitely try that next time. Thanks! :-)

Organic chemistry... wow. I'm jealous. Now I want to go back to school (again!).

DH has dubbed my braided bun 'brain bun'. I sang the 'brain bun' song at Chipotle's and got stared as if I was a crazy person.

MonaLisa
April 15th, 2011, 12:50 AM
I love my hair today, love love love :o Want it to grow thicker and longeeeeer :) Starting to think I want it longer than hip/TB as i originally thought...:confused:

tinti
April 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Good luck, Annie!
Don't wanna wash deep treatment out :p But I have to, because I'm going to my grannie tomorrow and I can't have oily hair on the boat.

princessp
April 15th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I think the way I've parted it today looks more elegant than how I usually part it (note to self). :)

MonaLisa
April 16th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Princessp - try taking a pic with different partings, it's really surprising how much of change it is :p

Gahhhhh tangles tangles again :mad: Not even braiding helps:(

pinkbunny
April 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I hope my hair decides to behave on Monday... Time to renew my driver's license and I need a good photo this go round!

Aaroo
April 16th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I wish it as as long as I could bring the length to front and see it with my eyes!

MonaLisa
April 18th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Is it hair weight that's making my head hurt in the back...It's not even that long :confused:

rogue_psyche
April 18th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Hm, my first wash with Garnier Triple Nutrition came out better than I expected. I wonder if it will be as reliable as GVP Conditioning Balm...

Loepsie
April 18th, 2011, 03:25 AM
I'm rocking the 'medieval look' today. Love period (inspired) hairstyles! =D

MonaLisa
April 19th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Can't even make a proper braid! grrrrrrr:mad:

Chamy
April 19th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Can't even make a proper braid! grrrrrrr:mad:
With practice you will get better, i promise. :)

I wonder what tangles i will have to deal with today when i take out my dutch braids. I have had them in for two days and two nights, since i really haven't had time to redo them.

Quezie
April 19th, 2011, 02:29 AM
The ends are tangling a lot less than usual, and in general my hair feels a ton better since I did a protein treatment yesterday. :)

Neneka
April 19th, 2011, 04:38 AM
I look like a 13 year old boy with this hair.

Aleria
April 19th, 2011, 05:06 AM
I can't decide if I want to trim my hair back to my "Ramona Flowers" cut after the summer or let it grow out shaggy and weird looking. Guess we'll see what it looks like in three months!

ashke50
April 19th, 2011, 05:18 AM
I wonder if protein would help my hair, or whether I should leave it alone since it isn't causing a problem

Sweetie
April 19th, 2011, 07:00 AM
it's already dirty....I washed it on saturday!!!! :rolleyes: I have to stop to wear it down!

dinnee
April 19th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I just cut off an inch because I was fed up with the odd shaped ends and dryness and yeah... I will do a deep oil treatment against dryness tonight. What to go for, coconut or evoo?

bunzfan
April 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I just cut off an inch because I was fed up with the odd shaped ends and dryness and yeah... I will do a deep oil treatment against dryness tonight. What to go for, coconut or evoo?

I find coconut is best for moisturised ends :)

bunzfan
April 19th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I wore my hair down today for the first time this year hence the new signature picture, i actually thought it was starting to look long to me.

Fingolphin
April 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I can't take good hair photos.

MaiCarInMtl
April 19th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I can't take good hair photos.
Sometimes trying a slightly different angle, taking a picture outside or near a window can change everything. Have fun and don't stress about it. ;-)

My thought: I'm having a GREAT hair day! (and it's sunny outside!):D

AspenSong
April 19th, 2011, 11:46 AM
My thought - Holy moly my head is heavy with this cassia/henna mix in it....boy I wish my hair was as thick as it is with this stuff in it. I'd have a 6-7" around ponytail!! :)

lacefrost
April 19th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Same thought as ApsenSong! This henna makes my hair SO heavy and my hair is already super coarse and thick. Is this what it would feel like to have TBL hair? I'd have to cut it!

Is there anyone with TBL or longer C/iii hair?

sibiryachka
April 19th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Why am I craving baklava all of a sudden?? Must be the smell of the honey + cinnamon solution my hair is soaking in!

Lollipop
April 19th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I just saw Tangled...twice...must.grow.hair.MORE....
WANT.LONG!HAIR!NOW!!! :taz:

MonaLisa
April 20th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Lollipop glad you found more inspirtation, and I cant wait to see it! I like that dude in movie also :o

Me loves my hair today too, it feels long and thick!:cheese: If it only weren't for the tangles at nape parts...always...no matter what i do :mad:

Rafusen
April 20th, 2011, 02:15 AM
I wondered if catnip tea for my ends would make my cats go nuts on my hair.

Ithildae
April 20th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Noooo they took my favorite conditioner out of program :wail: starting the search for the perfect condi anew -.-

Fingolphin
April 20th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I dislike how the waves make it look as though it doesn't grow that much! :rolleyes:

pinkbunny
April 20th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I think my full moon trim the other day has helped my ends, they seem happier! Unfortunately, my hair was disheveled for my new license photo, so I hate the new one more than the last one (I looked angry, but at least my hair was awesome lol). *le sigh*

MonaLisa
April 21st, 2011, 02:08 AM
hmm looking forward to making some serious braid waves...you know from lots of little braids :D Or should I try sock bun finally, and perhaps sock bun curls I saw around here, so pretty....hmmmmm

Lizbeth
April 21st, 2011, 02:11 AM
While braiding:
I want longer hair... well, I just have to wait.
I want thicker hair... well, I don't think this will happen. :(

MonaLisa
April 23rd, 2011, 06:14 AM
dying for a little trim..how do i make myself wait till 9th May...moon thing....:confused:

Xandergrammy
April 23rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
Today my first thought is "paint brush" because my tassle looks and feels like a well-worn paint brush!

I had to laugh when I read this thread title. I refer to my LHC friends as my "hairy friends" when talking to "real life" friends and it conjures up an unpleasant image. My DH on the other hand knows exactly what and who I'm talking about! :gabigrin:

Chamy
April 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
dying for a little trim..how do i make myself wait till 9th May...moon thing....:confused:

It is not that long, you´ll manage! :)

I was thinking that my bun looks huge now. I have braidwaves that i put in a bun, that must be the reason.

Biedronka
April 23rd, 2011, 06:21 AM
I can't wait till Tuesday to try out a castor oil treatment.
I'm so jealous of all those lhc people with the gorgeous thick tresses...why can't my ends be thick as well...sniff.
Please grow!Grow,grow,grow faster!

Stub
April 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
I keep thinking my hair is growing, then I think it's not. But today my french braid ends at my bra strap so it must be!

MonaLisa
April 24th, 2011, 04:18 AM
It is growing Stub! Stop thinking about it and one day you'll be pleasently surprised! :D

12 little braids to undo, incoming lots of little braid waves! hope i won't scare children around! :D

pinkbunny
April 27th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I got asked for bun help today! Sometime in the next 2 weeks I get to help a friend of mine learn how to bun her 2 daughters' hair for a dance recital. Yay!

maborosi
April 27th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I cut my bangs too short today. Now they're back to their normal spot- pinned to the side of my face, ha.

~maborosi~

Mamakash
April 27th, 2011, 03:11 PM
My hair is sliding out of my scarf . . . again!

ashke50
April 27th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Can't believe I actually did break a hairstick in my hair - after thinking that couldn't happen to me, cos my hair wasn't thick enough.

MonaLisa
April 27th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Mamakash - so it must be very silky, isn't that nice :)

Was curious today...after 2 months of accidentally no cones...So I used conditioner with cones....for long hair repair blah blah...Hmm...more silky and soft, less volume... I like both ways...I'm bi :p:o

chenille
April 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
MonaLisa - LOL, nothing wrong with a little experimentation. :)

Me, I have GOT to get a trim, and I don't have a regular stylist so that means finding someone new. Scary!!

silverjen
April 27th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I can't decide if I want to stick with WO or not. Every time I try, I find myself reaching for the shampoo bar a week and a half to two weeks in. Is there such a thing as a sporadic washer? If not, can I make a new category? :p

AnqeIicDemise
April 27th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I need to get my hands on some amish pins. These U-pins are too flimsy in my thick hair (I'm only ii, dangit!) that I end up with a pressure headache from where the tips cross over one another for support. Ouch! (I pulled eight U pins out of my bun today. That's sixteen little tips digging into my scalp in the same stupid spot!)

silkheart
April 27th, 2011, 11:35 PM
The longer I wait for my hair to grow, the more I want to cut it already. (I want to cut the dyed hair and I'm impatiently waiting for the virgin hair which is around chin length)

Chibbylick
April 27th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I have an itchy scalp... and a lice phobia, not a good combination!

Melanie Marie
April 28th, 2011, 03:38 AM
I'm so glad I discovered the bun I'm wearing right now. ;)

MonaLisa
April 28th, 2011, 07:49 AM
haha Melanie- i envy you for being able to make buns!

I'm bored with this color...just...brown :S

Kristamommyx3
April 28th, 2011, 08:27 AM

To master it on your own head, start by putting it half up in a clip, you know, the part that you'd start out with when you braid someone else's head. It will give you the hair stability and compliance you need until it's more natural for your hands. That's how I learned as a kid! :)

dollface
April 28th, 2011, 10:04 AM
i had no idea my roots were nearly black but coloring your hair since 12 can make one forget their natural color....bleh it's going to take a ton of henna applications for my length to match my roots....

wvgemini
April 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
To dust or not to dust? Maybe I'll start with a coconut milk and honey treatment tonight and decide from there.

KatiSasha
April 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I get to try my new shears today!

P.S. S&D turned into a full fledged trim. My first trim on myself ever! I don't think I'm ever going back to the salon :)

Magicknthenight
April 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Have to wash my hair today. Been avoiding it since I had my toe all stitched up and they said not to get too wet. @_@. Going to try a "Henna n placenta" treatment today. Something I haven't tried in forever. Lots of protein. I was bored of SMT's though I'll probably follow up with one just in case. My ends have been tormenting me. Very tangly and giving me hell. Seems like they just don't feel the same and its depressing. Don't think it could be build up. Haven't been using that much oil. Hoping my treatments go good. Tonight DBF is playing at a battle of the bands and i get to meet his favorite sister whose coming to town. Hope I have any clean laundry. I want to wear my hair down...If all the oil gets out...and its not poofy or something from this treatment.

Also why doesn't all the oil always wash out? I can never seem to get it all out. I CWC but sometimes just do a simple Wash/condition...but it seems like theirs always a bit let in my hair. CO doesn't get it all out either...and i would feel bad scrubbing my length. Bah!

On a positive note my hair is long enough to sit on now. Classic here i come! :D. Hopefully if I get a trim it won't set me back too terribly much. I need to start wearing it down more..and getting used to it. I hate how much it bothers me down now when i used to love it.

I have a lot of hair thoughts today haha :D

ETA: Still need to upload the pix of the blue I put in my bangs...It was my first time bleaching. I need to quit letting things get in the way and just do it because its already grown out a bit and faded >_< Wonder if i should do it to the same spot again >.>

Stub
April 28th, 2011, 01:20 PM
To henna or not to henna? I really want the strength and gloss and stuff but not sure if I want to color. Cassia maybe??

Cocoa_Crema
April 28th, 2011, 02:13 PM
@Stub - I think you should give it a try. The color of henna is lovely, but cassia could be your best try. Go for it

I know my hair is getting long when it gets stuck in my armpits!!!! LOL :p:p

Stub
April 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I do love the color of henna on everyone else. I'm just afraid! I've only ever once in my life colored my hair and that was just a 'lightening' blonde that turned my hair brassy, about 20 years ago. I know henna is natural and all but it's so permanent. Still, I've always wanted to try red(dish) hair without chemical damage!

MonaLisa
April 29th, 2011, 01:14 AM
I want more thickness and volume :(
It's cones that made it look all neat and so flat...

MissCharizard
April 29th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Gosh why do I get buildup even using no cones?

tinti
April 29th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Because there's other thing causing buildup in your products?

Oooh, I love 4 strand braidwaves!! + I slept with dutch braid starting from my bangs so I've got some volume as well!

Fingolphin
April 29th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Hmm...woke up with hair feeling kind of stiff...weird.

wvgemini
April 29th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I just love how my hair feels after a coconut milk and honey treatment. Ahhh ...

Curlyg27
April 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I love the feeling of it blowing in the gentle ocean breeze...

pinkbunny
April 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I wore my hair down today! I mean down down, too... no clips, no elastics, no buns, no braids. I felt both free & naked at the same time lol.

dollface
May 1st, 2011, 10:42 AM
the henna and manic panic gloss i did yesterday was a definite success, i woke up with no tangles and shiny soft hair this morning <3

dollface
May 11th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Double post even after all this time.....I'm using a chemical box dye tonight on my hair, the henna won't stick to the bleached stuff well enough and I do not make a lovely ginger.

PrincessBob
May 11th, 2011, 09:01 PM
But you re a lovely person in general.

If I am going to keep my hair long, I am going to have to build better hair confidence.

MonaLisa
May 12th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I'm sure we can help you with that!

why i can't learn french braid.....i (think) i do everything as instructed, but it ends up just looking terrible....

Alex Lou
May 12th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I always thought french braids were so hard. I could never do them. Then I started practicing during down time at school (no mirror) and it ended up being pretty easy to learn. I'm still not sure that I can do it in front of mirror, but I have no reason to try. Maybe you can try it by feel?

My thought: I need to learn to wrap my hair. My iron broke and my longish side-bangs won't behave. But whenever I try to wrap it, it ends up a mess.

krissykins
May 12th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Stop being wavy, hair! Start being curly again! :mad:

Jean Stuart
May 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Wow this new conditioner makes my hair feel so soft and....

I want more toys!!!!!

ArienEllariel
May 12th, 2011, 06:58 PM
My hair looks pretty good considering I washed it the night before last... AND

Ooh... look that those split ends! I need to S & D.

krissykins
May 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I want more toys!!!!!

Welcome to the dark side :twisted:

ALYSSA
May 12th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I wan tto join the dark side! lol i would love hair toys as of right now i have none!
hmmm oiled hair for a whole day ...maybe its time for a wash now? hmm

krissykins
May 12th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Alyssa, if you need any enabling, I know of plenty of people who can help you! haha

HintOfMint
May 12th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I think I'll do a dutch crownbraid.... and lo and behold, I did!

MonaLisa
May 13th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Major envy :mad:

Wonder how damaging it is...that my kittens play with my hair every morning, teeth and claws...waking me up way too early....But they so cute I can't tell them no...

Paranda Belle
May 13th, 2011, 10:01 AM
My grey strands look like silver hair tinsle!

Stub
May 13th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I wonder just HOW I got that dutch braid dutch on one side and french on the other? I should have taken a photo but was in a hurry. It was kind of cool!

dragonchickx
May 13th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I think I look bad with my hair up in a bun, or even a braid, and I am wondering if there is an updo that I can do to protect my hair and still look good : (

pinkbunny
May 18th, 2011, 05:42 PM
It's been a learning experience finding reliable "workout" hairdos... I feel most comfortable with some kind of braid(s) because they don't pull on my head, but I worry about it whipping around as I jump, bend, reach, etc. Also, I've been wondering about the effects of excessive perspiration on hair - is it good? bad? should it be rinsed ASAP or is it ok to let it marinate?

Kristamommyx3
May 18th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Uuugh...grow!

dollface
May 18th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I can't wait for my silk scarves to come in the mail so I can dye them to match my wardrobe and then start wearing them!

MonaLisa
May 19th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Why does it itch...:( What did I do......

HappyMuser
May 19th, 2011, 04:39 AM
I wish these layers could start growing faster!!

CrystalStar
May 19th, 2011, 05:55 AM
I wish I could do more than a cinnabun. :(

Stub
May 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I finally found braids I can sleep in!!! Hurrah, no more waking up strangled in hair.

heatherbelle
May 20th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Too many gray hairs are starting to show up now...eeek.

Becky Safari
May 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I wonder if pony tails are more damaging than I think?

Ermine
May 20th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I wonder how much Monistat could increase my hair growth. If I normally grow about .75 inches per month, and I've heard of hair growing 2-4 times faster with Monistat, that would be like me growing 1.5 to 3 inches per month! With that, I could have a 10 inch bob in 2-4 months!! I'd be trimming the back every week...

Qamar
May 20th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Argh. I can't get this cage braid to turn out the way I want and it would be perfect for faire tomorrow.

pinkbunny
May 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I can't wait to try out the new treatment I bought today - Hask Henna 'n Placenta. Maybe Sunday...

MonaLisa
May 21st, 2011, 09:28 AM
Rofl! I had a dream i was posting something in this thread, and when I've already posted, i realised it has nothing to do with hair, and wanted to delete the post but couldn't :D

The next night, I dreamt I've cut my hair to BSL but messed up so stylist fixed it to APL.. I actually loved it! And was gonna post here again, but I couldn't think of reason....to say why I had it cut! Felt kind of ashamed...

LHC is really in my head a lot :D

Chamy
May 21st, 2011, 10:03 AM
I want to find a new style to use. Kind of tired of everything at the moment.

dollface
May 23rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
I hope I get over my post trim blues soon...maybe a deep oiling or conditioning is in order..

ashke50
May 24th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Hair is greasy, bun is half falling out, but if I redo it it will probably be too tight, and my hair will look greasier. Also, how is it that after nearly 50 days of keeping my hair in protective updos and looking after it right it is half an inch shorter than it was when I started?
[/rant]

wvgemini
May 24th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Boy when they say "burgundy," they're not kidding! o.O

elbow chic
May 26th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I am trying sooo hard not to rip out my own hair but even with a (freaking outrageously expensive) seamless comb, starting at the bottom and working up, I STILL rip out hair! It almost feels worse than when I was using that nubby metal-bristle brush!

owlathena
May 26th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I had a dream that I was shopping for hair sticks last night. I do not own any, so this afternoon I sanded and painted a chopstick. Ta-da!

MonaLisa
May 27th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I want a stick too!!!

Loveeeee my hair...ACV wash is such a great discovery :D

newbeginning
May 27th, 2011, 05:24 AM
I wish I could figure out how to do a dutch braid.

KatiSasha
May 27th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I've officially given up obsessing over my 10 inches of damage. The top 9.5 looks fantastic no matter what I do, so I'm just going to patiently grow and trim.

Neneka
May 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I wonder if my conditioner with weaker surfactants washed away all the coconut oil and castor oil I used in a heavy oiling. Usually I use conditioner with a bit stronger surfactant to wash away oils.

sibiryachka
May 27th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah, really should have washed yesterday... If I put it in 2 braids and wear a scarf, I can push it until this evening though. I'll just be home packing all day anyway, I don't have to impress anyone.

young&reckless
May 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM
ohh drippy

Tuntenut
May 27th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I shed too much, my end are dreadful and I'm not gaining much length, but none of that matters, because I just re-typed my hair, and I can now upgrade from i/ii to a solid ii !!! :cloud9:

elbow chic
May 27th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Dude, this leave-in is SO not working. It it buildup CITY up in here!!

AnnaJamila
May 27th, 2011, 09:14 PM
GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

:p

Merewen
May 27th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Good grief, I didn't even DO anything today! Why is my hair a matted mess? WHY?

owlathena
May 27th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Please please let me get a good growth spurt after all this shedding :/

Lollipop
May 27th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I ordered a bunch of henna to use on my sister, but I'm wondering if I should use it on myself too? I was intending to get to waist and maintain untill I grow out my layers, so that I have nice long virgin hair, and THEN experiment with henna/cassia/amla/indigo, but i wonder if it's worth it. It will take two years for the shortest pieces to be at waist, and by then I will have so many urges to cut (because of layers). Henns might be the change I want. But I'm afraid. What if it doesn't suit me? I love my dark hair and i want to go as close to black as possible, but I don't know if the red highlights will suit me. However, I already have a bit of red in my hair. I just keep imagining these horror scenarios.

Screw it, I'm hennaing my hair as soon as it gets here!!!

angelshair
May 28th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Same thought as everyday: surely my terminal length can't be APL wet?? And then comes the heated debate inside my head :P I'm only slightly crazy :D

phoepha
May 28th, 2011, 03:47 AM
why did I chop soooo much off last year and why is it taking such a long time to grow it back???

Mesmerise
May 28th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I hope that henna I bought off ebay hasn't been lost in the mail :eek:!!! I bought SIX packs!!

MonaLisa
May 28th, 2011, 04:16 AM
can i wait with that wash till tomorrow...hmm...

Neneka
May 28th, 2011, 04:18 AM
My hair is too oily (coconut) but I don't want to wash my hair today.

jojo
May 28th, 2011, 08:40 PM
hair you have done me proud today though you have been pampered with a 3 hours mayo dc and a honey and conditioner for 4 hours, but your looking good for once!

Sweet Beat
June 3rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
I really have to learn how to make that sockbun look amazing...

MonaLisa
June 3rd, 2011, 07:46 AM
Uhm *hides*....i envy my DBFs hair...so strong and black and shiny and thick...love it! grows insanely fast thank god... as he destroys it time to time..
Gonna steal his shampoo i think *blushes*

sibiryachka
June 3rd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Even though I've spent the last couple days since my last wash doing hard physical sweaty work, my roots are not at all oily and I can put off washing for another day. I suspect this is because 1) I've been wearing a bandana the whole time too, and I think it may be wicking away some of the sweatiness and 2) I usually can't keep my hands out of my hair. Being busy busy busy, and keeping it braided and covered and inaccessible, means I haven't been touching it hardly at all. Fascinating.

ashamanjababu
June 4th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I am loving my hair today. It's not perfect, and there are so many things I am planning to try with it, to make it smoother, shinier, less frizzy. . . but still, I'm just so glad it's there. I kind of can't stop petting it right now.

MonaLisa
June 4th, 2011, 07:36 AM
gonna try thay little french braid that looks like a head-band or whatever it's called...sigh dont even know name of updos...
hope it will work..

Guenhwyvar
June 4th, 2011, 07:38 AM
My hair is annoying today...

Knittycat
June 4th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I need to get better at doing my hair. I really suck at anything other than a simple bun or pony tail.

C.H.
June 4th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Is my hair actually damaged? It looks and feels great, but maybe it is still damaged nonetheless. Plan to help alleviate with some good old S&D.

Jcv-Shelley
June 4th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I've used the wrong kind of condish for CO and now my hair is on the greasy side.

Neneka
June 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Why have I been using such an expencive condititioner when five times cheaper condish has the same ingredients and all the benefits! :insert facepalm:

sun-kissed
June 4th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Letting the conditioner set on my hair yesterday sure made it silky! It's kind of greasy now, but worth it. It was getting so dry it was scary.

WittyWordsmith
June 4th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I need to learn how to scrunch my hair better right-side up so that it doesn't look like a rat's nest when I flip my head over from hanging upside-down.

Second thought: thank God for updos.

cygus
June 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM
hair is kind of blah.....waiting to get to enjoying it again.....

QueenJoey
June 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
It's super tangled, but at least it's growing.

homeeduk8tor
June 16th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I am not happy with my hair today.

malumsam
June 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
My hair really is growing at 0.5 inches/week! :disbelief Confirmed! Yay!!!:cheese:

catholicteacher
June 16th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Just starting to add ACV rinsed to regemine. If any of you are as uncoordinated as me...I hope you like the taste of vinegar.

Anje
June 16th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Mixing too much glycerol into your conditioner is a good recipe for sticky hair. :-P

Also, that Fanciful rinse not only did not cover my red (it was an experiment...), it left my Tangle Teezer fuzzy.

MonaLisa
February 2nd, 2012, 02:07 AM
Feeling short...:(

Tota
February 2nd, 2012, 02:28 AM
I think argan oil for scalp was a good investment. Applied it on my scalp yesterday and woke up with less itchies today! There is still hope for my scalp afterall :D

Also: Wash day! Wooohooo :cheese:

Kira94
February 2nd, 2012, 02:39 AM
I really need to wash my hair. Also, I wish the growth was quicker and more instantly visible to my eyes. :)

MegaMystery
February 2nd, 2012, 03:37 AM
My thought today: Why oh why did i want to straighten my hair last week? I used a coney leave-in spray for protection and now i feel like i have to wash with my lush poo-bar (SLS!) to clarify... i guess i'll oil very heavily and do CWC on top of that to protect my poor hair :( After that: headband curls! My new favorite! :D

Safira
February 2nd, 2012, 03:54 AM
It was a good idea to try Aussie Luscious Long conditioner, my hair is so soft and bouncy :)

bouclée
February 2nd, 2012, 04:06 AM
I measured (several times) my hair yesterday and it appears it's only 1cm longer than last month, when my hair usually grows 2cm per month. I just took my monthly hair picture and IMO it looks like it has grown more than just 1cm... :bigeyes: I am just going crazy?!

kidari
February 2nd, 2012, 04:08 AM
My hair is not growing that fast lately, it's slowed down. Hope to be at waist by spring.

gracenotes
February 2nd, 2012, 04:25 AM
Hairy thoughts of the day: To trim or not to trim... And, what is my hair type, REALLY?

fridgee
February 2nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
Its only day 4 of my wear hair up for month challenge and I'm getting fed up with it already! :( Need longer hair so I can have more variety in updos!

Amber_Maiden
February 2nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
fridgee- You can do it!!! And I know how you feel about updos... I only have one that I do...

I really want me hair to be naturally red again... I really hope all these honey lightening treatments work!!!

chou
February 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Hm, if I wash my bangs in the sink I can go another day without showering! (Yes, it's kind of gross)

Pinkster8
February 2nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
I love the way my hair feels when I turn my head quickly! (It's in a English braided ponytail)

jacqueline101
February 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Thoughts about hair today needs washed.

sarah061
February 4th, 2012, 12:50 PM
My hair needs to be washed today too!

And my scalp is really hurting from an updo that I did yesterday - ouch!!

MonaLisa
February 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Trim on Tuesday !

Maelyssa
February 4th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I can't wait to buy my henna!